Unioto @ WCH 3/29

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Unioto @ WCH 3/29

Post by Tanks3232 »

Should be an interesting game. Is Lotz out? Saw he didn’t play today. Any predictions?

jose
Freshman Team

Re: Unioto @ WCH 3/29

Post by jose »

If Lotz pitches-they can beat Unioto--but instead they throw the bottom of their pitching staff--puzzling
Last edited by jose on Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Unioto was up 19-3 after 4 innings on Gamechanger. Was it an official game? Despite the score, they have to play five innings.

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

petesweaty wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:18 pm Unioto was up 19-3 after 4 innings on Gamechanger. Was it an official game? Despite the score, they have to play five innings.
I believe if you’re up 15 after 4 or 10 after 5, that it’s a mercy rule

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

There is no 15+ mercy rule after 4 innings in high school baseball in Ohio.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

By coaches agreement they can end and be a complete game

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

Wow this score surprises me.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

FACSPORTS wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:25 am Wow this score surprises me.
WCH missing a couple starters and didn’t throw a top end pitcher, not a good mix against a really good hitting team. The Blue Lions had 7 errors and gave up 6 more free passes, so that mixed with 16 Unioto hits adds up pretty quickly.

WCH will be fine when they have their whole lineup and when Lotz and Dallmeyer are on the bump.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:31 am
WCH missing a couple starters and didn’t throw a top end pitcher, not a good mix against a really good hitting team. The Blue Lions had 7 errors and gave up 6 more free passes, so that mixed with 16 Unioto hits adds up pretty quickly.

WCH will be fine when they have their whole lineup and when Lotz and Dallmeyer are on the bump.
Okay that makes more sense.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Seems to be a pattern that their top 2 pitchers only pitch against average teams or against their rival. Saw this a lot last season.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Dallmeyer threw four innings on Monday against Zane Trace.

I have never heard of a coaches agreement after four innings. I always thought you had to play 5 innings to make it official. Even if the score is 35-0.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

Dallmeyer- threw 2 1/3 against ZT. Brought him in to finish 5th inning--a game they had in command. So, since they play a average fisher catholic team, I expect to see one of their better pitchers tonight------- New rule by coaches agreement
Last edited by jose on Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

My bad, he did come into the game in the 5th. I thought it was the 4th. My glasses were frozen.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bozo wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:05 am Dallmeyer threw four innings on Monday against Zane Trace.

I have never heard of a coaches agreement after four innings. I always thought you had to play 5 innings to make it official. Even if the score is 35-0.
I hadn’t either, but I just looked it up and it is in the 2022 Baseball Manuel from the OHSAA. Can be called if both coaches mutually agree.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

jose wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:11 am Dallmeyer- threw 2 1/3 against ZT. Brought him in to finish 5th inning--a game they had in command. So, since they play a bad fisher catholic team, I expect to see one of their better pitchers tonight------- New rule by coaches agreement
Hilarious that a D2 has had their ace on ice all of opening week, yet he might throw tonight against a "bad" D4 (who is throwing their #4.)

Just another run-of-the-mill SEOPS rando commenting on a sport they don't understand. What's new?
Last edited by formerfcfan on Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:31 am

I mean Unioto threw a kid who’s primarily JV and it was his first Varisty start

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:01 am
jose wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:11 am Dallmeyer- threw 2 1/3 against ZT. Brought him in to finish 5th inning--a game they had in command. So, since they play a bad fisher catholic team, I expect to see one of their better pitchers tonight------- New rule by coaches agreement
Hilarious that a D2 has had their ace on ice all of opening week, yet he might throw tonight against a "bad" D4 (who is throwing their #4.)

Just another run-of-the-mill SEOPS rando commenting on a sport they don't understand. What's new?
Maybe the ace is hurt-but WCH has 2 other very good pitchers--when you play one of the top teams in the area, you don't throw a "7/8 unless the other 6 are all hurt. When you do you get embarrassed

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

jose wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:30 am

Maybe the ace is hurt-but WCH has 2 other very good pitchers--when you play one of the top teams in the area, you don't throw a "7/8 unless the other 6 are all hurt. When you do you get embarrassed
With WCH and Unioto both in the same sectional in May, I imagine both coaches treated it as a tune-up and closer along the lines of an exhibition on the arms.

I'd suggest reconsidering what you say about your opponents. Looking forward to watching us play WCH tonight, whether its Lotz, Dallmayer, Big Boy Lemaster, someone in between them or outside of the arms arsenal on the hill. No beef nor issue with Court House and what they do, but calling a regionally well-respected program "bad" (who is going to throw a back-end of rotation guy) while possibly throwing a top-shelf arm yourselves (given that FAC play isn't for another week) isn't a good look. Do better.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:47 am
jose wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:30 am

With WCH and Unioto both in the same sectional in May, I imagine both coaches treated it as a tune-up and closer along the lines of an exhibition on the arms.

I'd suggest reconsidering what you say about your opponents. Looking forward to watching us play WCH tonight, whether its Lotz, Dallmayer, Big Boy Lemaster, someone in between them or outside of the arms arsenal on the hill. No beef nor issue with Court House and what they do, but calling a regionally well-respected program "bad" (who is going to throw a back-end of rotation guy) while possibly throwing a top-shelf arm yourselves (given that FAC play isn't for another week) isn't a good look. Do better.
Meant no disrespect-I travel around and watch lots of highschool/college baseball games----do not understand why you don't throw your top pitching against good teams-especially since league hasn't started. I disagree about saving for sectional--8 weeks away a team looks totally different by than

Return to “Baseball”