2022 FAC Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

2022 FAC Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by FACSPORTS »

Who are the favorites coming into this season? I know Miami Trace and Jackson were Co-Champs at 9-1 in FAC play. Hillsboro was third with a league record of 6-4. WCH and Chilli were tied for fourth at 3-7. McClain was 0-10 in league play. I know MT returns FAC POY in Connor Bucher, but not sure what they return around him. Hillsboro actually made a nice postseason run last season, but I believe they were very senior heavy, so they could have a lot of holes to fill this spring.

mt1fan
Freshman Team

Re: 2022 FAC Season

Post by mt1fan »

Miami Trace lost several key players off last years team. Gilmore, Osborne, Bernard, Henry, McBee, Smith, all key contributors. Trace has a strong sophomore class that will be making their varsity debut in some fashion or another. They return Campangna, May and Butcher on the hill which is huge for this team because all three had successful seasons last year.

Offensive production will be a toss up but will be anchored by Bucher and Campangna. A few younger guys will need to step up and add to the offensive production. It is possible with the likes of Landrum, Boedeker, Robinson, Armstrong and Zimmerman. A lot of questions with this year this year but definitely potential to compete for a league title.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

In my opinion Jackson wins the league outright this season. I believe they are looking to fill 2 spots from last years team. first and third base. They return 4 of their top 5 pitchers. With a JV team that lost 1 maybe 2 games there isn't a shortage of talent to fill the voids.

IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

The FAC is a great baseball conference, one of, if not the best around. FAC with 3 of the top teams in the state DII last season with Trace, Jackson and Hillsboro.
I’d imagine all 3 will be good again. Chilli will be greatly improved and Courthouse with one of top pitchers in SEO.

But I think it’s Jackson’s year. Coming off a 21-3 season and a share of FAC title, they return a bunch of major contributors. Plus JV was 20-1 with a load of talent last season.

Ironmen already with 3 college commits (Holden Blankenship SS, Caeleb McGraw catcher, Bryson Brown pitcher) and likely a 4th soon with Drew Bragg.

Great baseball teams are built up the middle and the Ironmen should be as strong as any. I’ve heard Bragg will make the move to 2b (his natural position) making a stud middle infield with Blankenship. McGraw behind the plate and sophomore Wolford with legit 4.5 speed in CF. That’s a great middle. That combined with returning starters Brown (Sr) and Camp (Jr) should be a great Defense. Soph Cambell will battle for a spot, very athletic and kid can flat out rake.

Brown, Bragg and Wolford should anchor a tough starting rotation, all low to mid 80s mph last season. Should be even better this year. Erwin is another outstanding young pitcher that got a lot of varsity innings as a freshman last year.

All that, combined with this years freshman class which is loaded, Ironmen should be good for a while.
I’m ready for spring 2022.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

WCH will have one of the top LHP in the state and another good one in Dallmeyer--should be league favorites. Jackson is loaded and Miami Trace will reload in some spots. Hillsboro will be younger but good. McClain and Chillicothe will be very competitive.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Post by FACSPORTS »

jose wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:56 am WCH will have one of the top LHP in the state and another good one in Dallmeyer--should be league favorites. Jackson is loaded and Miami Trace will reload in some spots. Hillsboro will be younger but good. McClain and Chillicothe will be very competitive.
Who is the LHP for WCH and what grade is he in?

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

FACSPORTS wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:43 pm
jose wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:56 am WCH will have one of the top LHP in the state and another good one in Dallmeyer--should be league favorites. Jackson is loaded and Miami Trace will reload in some spots. Hillsboro will be younger but good. McClain and Chillicothe will be very competitive.
Lotz is a Jr.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

TIGER#27 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:09 pm
Lotz is a Jr.
Lotz is a Jr???? Whoa.
What grade is the Dallmeyer kid?

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

IronNation95 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:16 am
TIGER#27 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:09 pm

Lotz is a Jr.
Lotz is a Jr???? Whoa.
What grade is the Dallmeyer kid?
He's a JR as well. As well as LeMaster. Should be a good team this year.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Good league

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

I believe my Cavs will be improved and a pretty good team but this league is actually good in baseball.

I think Jackson, Miami Trace, Hillsboro and Washington can all knock each other off. Jackson has the most good players but it only takes 1 great pitcher to even the field for a 7 inning game. The other 3 teams all have those pitchers. Chillicothe can maybe knock off Washington or Hillsboro but I think we are stuck in 5th this season.

Someone said Bragg for Jackson was a natural for 2nd base? Am I thinking the wrong kid? Really good basketball player. I think he played defensive line against us in football. He’s like 6’3 220? 2nd baseman. He’s a good pitcher if I remember. I would’ve guessed first base all day.

Miami Trace will need more than Bucher but that kid is maybe the funnest player in the league to watch.

My prediction

Jackson 8-2
Miami Trace 6-4
Hillsboro 6-4
Washington 5-5
Chillicothe 4-6
McClain 1-9

IronNation95
Waterboy

Post by IronNation95 »

Ed Ott wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:27 pm I believe my Cavs will be improved and a pretty good team but this league is actually good in baseball.

I think Jackson, Miami Trace, Hillsboro and Washington can all knock each other off. Jackson has the most good players but it only takes 1 great pitcher to even the field for a 7 inning game. The other 3 teams all have those pitchers. Chillicothe can maybe knock off Washington or Hillsboro but I think we are stuck in 5th this season.

Someone said Bragg for Jackson was a natural for 2nd base? Am I thinking the wrong kid? Really good basketball player. I think he played defensive line against us in football. He’s like 6’3 220? 2nd baseman. He’s a good pitcher if I remember. I would’ve guessed first base all day.

Miami Trace will need more than Bucher but that kid is maybe the funnest player in the league to watch.

My prediction

Jackson 8-2
Miami Trace 6-4
Hillsboro 6-4
Washington 5-5
Chillicothe 4-6
McClain 1-9
Probably right guy. But he was an OLB in fb. I think Bragg is about 195-200. I know he plays middle inf during summer. Has played middle with Blankenship for years. Played 3b last season. He’s athletic enough to play anywhere. But, I’d say 1b is definitely an option.

I could definitely see the champion having 2 losses. Can’t see anyone escaping with just one loss this year.

Records may come down to scheduling. When do these teams match up? That will be interesting to see. 3 FAC games in a week is a tough week.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

MT does have Campagna and May back on the mound this season as well

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Gettin closer

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
CoachFlora
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFlora »

WCH 2023 LHP Titus Lotz verbally committed to Bowling Green State University last week.

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Jackson's to lose.

jose
Freshman Team

Post by jose »

3rd String wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:15 pm Jackson's to lose.
Think you will be very surprised by the caliber of baseball from other league teams this isn't football

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

jose wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:56 pm
3rd String wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 2:15 pm Jackson's to lose.
Think you will be very surprised by the caliber of baseball from other league teams this isn't football
I know how good the other teams are. But with that being said, didn't Jackson win a share of the league title last season? They have virtually everyone back, those that graduated were replaced by some very good talent. I think they only lost 2 position players, and 1 pitcher. I believe the pitcher was there number 3 guy.

FACSPORTS
JV Team

Re: 2022 FAC Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by FACSPORTS »

Is there anyone else in the FAC committed to play Division I College Baseball besides Lotz from WCH?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Re: 2022 FAC Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by 3rd String »

Not sure, Jackson has a D II commit, and 3 NAIA commits, and a couple sophomores that will more than likely be able to play D2 - NAIA, 1 sophomore that will probably receives offers to play D1 based on speed and arm strength as a freshman.(4.5 40yd, 83mph from the mound as a freshman).

Return to “Baseball”