Bishop Rosecrans cancellations(???)

formerfcfan
SEOP

Bishop Rosecrans cancellations(???)

Post by formerfcfan »

I heard today that Bishop Rosecrans is cancelling a bunch of non-league games for no apparent reason. Is anyone familiar with what’s happening here?

25th Street NW
Varsity

Re: Bishop Rosecrans cancellations(???)

Post by 25th Street NW »

If you schedule them, you play them!
Unless the games get rained out.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like they scheduled 28 games and cancelled a couple games that were probably entered wrong into ArbiterLive

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

This is why Ohio needs to adopt a forfeit rule. If it’s weather, that’s one thing, but if a team just doesn’t want to show up, they should be forced to forfeit and have a loss added to their record as well as a win for the other team. Having a team cancel on you can hurt come tournament time.

Realist2
Waterboy

Post by Realist2 »

Rosecrans has 11 players.
- Last week because of rainouts they were scheduled to play Wed, Thurs, Friday, and 2 on Saturday.
- They played Wed, Thurs (went into extra innings), Friday.
- This left them with only 1 kid could who could pitch due to pitch count set by the OHSAA, so they told Caldwell they would play 1 on Saturday.
- That kid did not show up to school which by school policy means he was ineligble for Fri and Saturday.
- Instead of throwing a kid that was not comfortable to pitch or who has never pitched before they informed Caldwell they would cancel the game.
- RHS's A.D. contacted Caldwells A.D. and they MUTUALLY decided to cancel.

Rosecrans played Shenandoah for only 1 game instead of a double header for the same reason.

For some reason a Caldwell Assistant Coach has taken this act a personal attack on his well being and asked Jerry Snodgrass to do something about it. My suggestion is to grow up and stop crying and whining about it and act with class. Again your Athletic Director AGREED to cancel and knew this could be a possibility when they were informed on TUESDAY prior to the game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Realist wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:34 pm This is why Ohio needs to adopt a forfeit rule. If it’s weather, that’s one thing, but if a team just doesn’t want to show up, they should be forced to forfeit and have a loss added to their record as well as a win for the other team. Having a team cancel on you can hurt come tournament time.
A lot of Schools, not only Bishop Rosecrans over schedule mainly because of the weather that they are faced with in the first couple months of the season. A forfeit rule might be a reasonable thing to implement. I know that a lot of schools do try to reschedule non-league games, but it isn't always feasible.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Realist2 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:33 pm Rosecrans has 11 players.
- Last week because of rainouts they were scheduled to play Wed, Thurs, Friday, and 2 on Saturday.
- This left them with only 1 kid could who could pitch due to pitch count set by the OHSAA, so they told Caldwell they would play 1 on Saturday.
- That kid did not show up to school which by school policy means he was ineligble for Fri and Saturday.
- Instead of throwing a kid that was not comfortable to pitch or who has never pitched before they informed Caldwell they would cancel the game.

Rosecrans played Shenandoah for only 1 game instead of a double header for the same reason.

For some reason a Caldwell Assistant Coach has taken this act a personal attack on his well being and asked Jerry Snodgrass to do something about it. My suggestion is to grow up and stop crying and whining about it and act with class. Again your Athletic Director AGREED to cancel and knew this could be a possibility when they were informed on TUESDAY prior to the game.
I understand that and I know crazy circumstances happen, but it's still not fair to the opposing team. They should still get credit for the wins. It's not their fault the other team only has 11 players and only one pitcher. I guess if both teams are okay with it and agree to it that's fine...I just know if I'm coaching and I go into tournament draw with a record of 8-6 and I had two potential wins that were canceled on me bc of lack of pitching, I'd be a bit salty. Big difference between 8 wins and 10 wins when determining seeding.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Realist wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:43 am
Realist2 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:33 pm Rosecrans has 11 players.

I understand that and I know crazy circumstances happen, but it's still not fair to the opposing team. They should still get credit for the wins. It's not their fault the other team only has 11 players and only one pitcher. I guess if both teams are okay with it and agree to it that's fine...I just know if I'm coaching and I go into tournament draw with a record of 8-6 and I had two potential wins that were canceled on me bc of lack of pitching, I'd be a bit salty. Big difference between 8 wins and 10 wins when determining seeding.
Worried about it? Don't schedule them in the first place. Rosecrans traditionally has low numbers. I agree, it's crap to cancel because you don't have any pitching, however, the ADs MUTUALLY agreed. That should be the end of conversation.

Return to “Baseball”