2011 All-Ohio teams released

Post by miggyt »

All_ohio teams have been released: http://bit.ly/jbqZgE

Chillicothe Gazette story: http://tinyurl.com/4xyzere

KVDW
SE

Re: 2011 All-Ohio teams released

Post by KVDW »

congratulations to Piketon, Portsmouth, Lucasville Valley and Cool Groove for placing boys either on the 1st team, second team or honorable mention list for all-state honors in D3.

i guess w'burg got to the final four with just a bunch of rag-tag average boys playing team ball..... no all-stars. :roll:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

KVDW wrote:congratulations to Piketon, Portsmouth, Lucasville Valley and Cool Groove for placing boys either on the 1st team, second team or honorable mention list for all-state honors in D3.

i guess w'burg got to the final four with just a bunch of rag-tag average boys playing team ball..... no all-stars. :roll:
Since 2008(their run of 3 final fours in 4 years,) Wheelersburg has had only 2 players receive Honorable Mention, with none making either of the top 2 teams. I doubt this is on the voters honestly. You have to have information on players to vote for them and from some of the stats I've seen some of the Burg players have the past few years, I'm guessing people aren't seeing those numbers.

Also, congrats to Adena, Westfall, and Zane Trace for also getting players on the All State teams.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I'm sure the piketon kids would trade the burg kids the all ohio for a shot at the title

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

bengalfan76 wrote:I'm sure the piketon kids would trade the burg kids the all ohio for a shot at the title
Bingo

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

St. Joe had a couple kids as well

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

i saw all the kids from the svc and they all deserve to be on there. farmer was the best pitcher south of columbus this spring and produced at the plate. yates had a great season all around. wolfe had a great career. the collins kid raked at zt all spring.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

contratulations to JD Chesser and Tyler Watkins from the TVC

Farr
Riding the Bench

Post by Farr »

I would personally like to congratulate Tyler Proctor from Warren. He is a very deserving first team selection and I am proud of his accomplishment. Congratulations Tyler.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

from reading the list it appears who knows what coaches to get the votes for their boys, you cant tell me that the Burg had no boys that deserved to be on the team, i watched the Burg's catcher whom appeared to have played a better game than mederia's catcher whom placed first team on the list

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Farr wrote:I would personally like to congratulate Tyler Proctor from Warren. He is a very deserving first team selection and I am proud of his accomplishment. Congratulations Tyler.
X2 Way to go TP!

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Wheelersburg's catcher - Austin Hall, not only played a better game in the state semis but just flat out showed he is the better catcher anyway. You could see this in his framing of pitches, throwing to bases before the game, and the way he sets up. He works low and just moves very smoothly behind the plate. If somebody can find a better defensive catcher at the high school level, I would really like to see it. Im not sure of his pop time, but I know that ball comes out of a bazooka and is always on the bag. He's getting better too. For people that know the game of baseball, it's a real treat to watch Austin Hall catch a baseball game. When you compare him to most others, you feel very fortunate to know that you can call breaking balls in the dirt w/runners on 3B and know that he's going to block them. People should really get out to see the clinic he puts on back there.

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

3x Congrats to Tyler Procter, playing summer ball with Lowell-Beverly Legion team.

This is one super good Young man.

See story online in todays Marietta Times ( google search ) :-D

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

A BIG CONGRATS TO T.P. FOR THE ALL OHIO FIRST TEAM SELECTION

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

BREAKING NEWS: TYLER PROCTOR WINS THE MIZUNO OHIO ALL STARS OFFENSIVE MVP FOR THE RED TEAM!

3 FOR 5 WITH 4 OR 5 RBI'S :122246
3 RUNS SCORED :roll:
3 BASE ON BALLS ;-)
2 RUN SINGLE :-D
DOUBLE TO DEEP CENTER :lol:
MONSTER :twisted: 2 RUN HOME RUN OVER THE SCOREBOARD IN LEFT CENTER AT THE VA FIELD IN CHILLICOTHE! :122246 :lol: :122246
WHICH IS 10 FEET BEHIND THE 368 MARK AND THE SCOREBOARD IS OVER 30 FEET HIGH.
CONGRATULATIONS T.P. :-D

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Proctor put on an offensive show. There were some very good baseball and players aging at the VA thus past weekend. It is a a shame that we have the honor to host this elite baseball contest and very few people from the SE area attend. The OHSAA board of control could move this anywhere but they choose to keep it in out back door. Come on baseball people where is the support?

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

I am shocked no player from Southern made it. Played in back to back regional championships and not one player made it. Who votes for this stuff?

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Other Division 4 coaches from the district. D2 and D3 coaches choose their own representatives. Furthermore they have to be a senior.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Farmer is a senior. I thought he was younger than that. two honorable mentions from one southern ohio team? unfortunately state nods with all sports is about the coach(representative). there were better players in southern ohio than two from a school that finished second in their conference.

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Zach Farmer will be a junior..

Return to “Baseball”