South Webster @ Symmes Valley 5/13 (thursday)

swbaseballfan
All State

South Webster @ Symmes Valley 5/13 (thursday)

Post by swbaseballfan »

if the weather holds off for long enough its gonna be a good game tonight...anyone have any thaughts?

on a side note, just got an alert that there is a tornado watch untill 9:00pm tonight

swbaseballfan
All State

Re: South Webster @ Symmes Valley 5/13 (thursday)

Post by swbaseballfan »

South Webster 5
Symmes Valley 2

John Morrissette pitch a complete game for south webster with 12 K's and went 2-4 at the plate with a double and RBI
Brice Patterson had an awesome catch on a very hard hit line shot to end an inning for webster.

it's still a shame these 2 teams had to face each other in the first round because of biased voting. good luck to SV next season
Last edited by swbaseballfan on Sat May 15, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

You won move on and quit crying. Had your coach played his cards right he would not have been a #5 seed and thats a fact. It amazes me your still talking about it noone else from Webster is.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

^^^ no need to be a d-bag there Flying Dutchman

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Who's being a d-bag, SW won and the guy is still crying about their seed. Should Webster been seeded higher-yes but that is old news just move on and enjoy a nice win.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I don't see any tears?

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i am not crying over the seeding at all....read my post again....and notice it is not edited. i just said it is a shame that these 2 teams had to play each other in the first round that is all. i am over it, as is everyone else at webster. and as you can see the seedings have no effect on the teams ability on the field. no mater who you play the beter team most usualy wins, and that is how it will play out clear through reginals. i do feel the voting was biased, but it doesnt realy matter because good teams dont need wins handed to them, its that way in all sports with any team

Publius
Waterboy

Post by Publius »

Just wondering what seed you thought SW deserved? Hard to vote against eastern and southern. Even though I am a big TVC fan and want to route for Southern, they kicked off their best player so I also like Webster to the regional.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

I think the issue with seeding is that both Symmes and South Webster had more wins than everyone else. Symmes had the least amount of losses of all sectional teams. S. Webster had split with southern and beat st joe (who had lost 3 other games to schools of the SOC). But it doesn't matter now. Play the teams in front of you and win. That is the only way to get respect.

As for last night, I thought it was a well played game, and well pitched by Morrissette and Tibbs. Webster did well in getting in scoring position and got some clutch hits when needed. Still to many guys left on base. Seemed like every inning there was 2 out and runners on 2nd or 3rd.

Easthom had a blast to opposite field in the first inning off Morrissette. I think the 3rd or 4th inning, Symmes had 2 guys on and Patterson hit a shot to the right of SS area. Patterson for Webster made a nice play on the line drive to end the inning. Symmes threatened again in the bottom of the seventh and scored one, but that is it. Nothing to hang your heads about Vikings. SOC I champs for 3 years in a row. A parent told me last night that Symmes only loses two guys this year. They will be back again next season!

Good luck to South Webster against Notre Dame.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Perhaps you shouldn't rub so many people the wrong way during the seeding and you wouldn't have been placed where you were. Learning lesson for the day watch what you say to people whom vote for where you end up........... :lol:

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

Look at the seedings since 2006. History of this sectional doesn't lie. Same thing, just different year.

http://seodab.org/baseball.htm

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

I see that Southern has been a 1,2 and 3 and still won district championships all three years, so I guess it doesn't matter what spot you get.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

Charlie Hustle wrote:I see that Southern has been a 1,2 and 3 and still won district championships all three years, so I guess it doesn't matter what spot you get.

i also see that a$s kissing will get you to the district title game, but not any further in 2010. seeding doesnt even matter when the beter team wins the game.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

SWbaseballFan wrote:
Charlie Hustle wrote:I see that Southern has been a 1,2 and 3 and still won district championships all three years, so I guess it doesn't matter what spot you get.

i also see that a$s kissing will get you to the district title game, but not any further in 2010. seeding doesnt even matter when the beter team wins the game.

Is that what happened 3 of the past 4 years when Webster lost to a worse-seeded team?

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

differant year, differant contributers..but for the beter. this is a completely differant season

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Keep on yappin SW you cry baby. You can't dispute facts and the facts are that Southern's won the district three straight years.

South Webster........has not............ :roll:

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

get ready to put the equipment up till next year....i will let you know what i am wearing when i go to the game. then we can talk. it will be a good game. hope it isnt too far of a drive for you to watch clay vs south webster. in the event that somehow you guys make it to play south webster make sure you are not late, 5 innings go quick when one team goes down 1-2-3 every inning. and when you load up your equipment to put it away untill next season make sure you use good bags, dont want them river rats to chew through your equipment.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

In the event that Southern someone make it to play SW? Are you serious?

First off, did you learn how to spell that way while at SW or are you still there?

Secondly, If you make it to play Southern I don't think you are going to steamroll them sonny.

I've heard that the river rats are southerns secret weapon they let them lose in the opponents dugout to wreck havoc.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

people always point out spelling when they aren't intelligent enough to have anything to say...it is like a 1st grader calling everyone fat.
if you wanna pull the grammar card on a baseball forum take a look at your first sentence from your previous post...i wont point out the obvious, i want you, a person from southern, to have to WORK for something, not have it handed to you

and since your an award winning speller because everyone here knows it point out all my mistakes that you say i made...since we are being graded on grammar and spelling

how many hits did southern have in the 2nd game of the double header when we played there? refresh my memory. its OK to ask for help on that one since spelling is your specialty, not history

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Return to “Baseball”