wheelersburg a #2 seed

reece40
Waterboy

wheelersburg a #2 seed

Post by reece40 »

this is unreal no way fairland should of been a 1 seed someone was rubbing someone's back on this one

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: wheelersburg a #2 seed

Post by danicalifornia »

5 OVC Schools(Fairland)
4 SOC Schools(Wheelersburg)
2 SEOAL Schools who would have the deciding votes

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Win all your games and you are State champs ;-)

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Rumors were they were out numbered on votes.

Only benefit would be W'Burg would have bypassed Adena in the district if they both get there. Doesn't matter anyway. Still have to win to advance.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

wheelersburg has a good group of kids, with a #1 or #2 seed i dont think it will matter much. good players play beter when they need to and wheelersburg has just that. good luck in the tourney

sonny
Riding the Bench

Post by sonny »

I dont understand what your reasoning for Fairland not deserving the number 1 seed. Obviously your team didnt get enough support and Fairland did. I am sure Wheelersburg will do fine in the tourney. They have a good team and will survive like they have in the past. Fairland has a good team also and we will see how they do. I like their chances but to say Wheelersburg got screwed I dont know if that is the case.

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

Who has Wheelersburg played? Results?
Who has Fairland played? Results?

Which team do you think is better deserving of the #1 seed based on schedule and results?

earp
S

Post by earp »

What is everyone talking about we are 14-1 isnt that enough???Fairland has played Spring Valley and Wayne 2 traditional powerhouses in West Virginia and beat them both!The only loss came at Huntington High by one run,We had a 3 run lead in that one and gave it up but other than that we have pretty much handled everyone that has been put in front of us!We did have a tight confernece game with Rock Hill the other night though but pulled it out!I think both Fairland and Burg are very good teams but someone made a good point by saying you still have to win an advance! ;-)

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Bottom line is win and advance. I am sure the Pirates will be ready to focus on the game at hand. Good luck Burg.

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

Burg should have had the #1 seed. Period!

repairman
Waterboy

Post by repairman »

I don't understand why everyone on here is whinning about Wheelersburg getting the #2 seed.

What difference does it make / they still get a by the first round and playing teams in the second round that records do not appear to be that great.

If Wheelersburg is so good that everyone thinks they deserve the number #1 seed, then they should be good enough to beat the teams they will have to face.

Quit whinning and move on - prove it on the field if you think you are the best!!!!!!

Best of luck to all teams in the tourney!

sonny
Riding the Bench

Post by sonny »

You guys that are still whining about Wheelersburg, then maybe you should have been getting more support from your own division when they had the meeting. You have to understand how this seeding works before you start just making remarks on how Wheelersburg got screwed. As I said before Wheelersburg will be just fine, they are a good team. Fairland deserved a high seed also so it is what it is. The old saying "if you dont know what you are talking about,then you just need to keep quiet"

ROCKilroy
Waterboy

Post by ROCKilroy »

The next time that people who vote in these draws take into account strength of schedule will be the first time.

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

Geez...Wheelersburg doesn't get a number 1 seed and their fans think they got screwed......Imagine that!!!

Big Jake
Riding the Bench

Post by Big Jake »

The Southeast district seeding meetings are joke. As someone posted above it is league vs league, which is bad enough in one vote but they vote on every seed individually so the league with the most teams can gang up and vote for league teams every single seed. If you are trying to vote for yourself you better hope that your school shows up alphabetically early enough or you dont even get to vote.

Simply a joke. How can any educated person feel that this is a good system.

As far as Wheelersburg being upset, Hell yes I would be upset. If seedings dont matter then why do they do them?
Just put names in a hat, a draw them out.

MONEY
Riding the Bench

Post by MONEY »

Fairland and Wheelersburg are both good teams. Either are worthy of a 1 seed. In the draw on Sunday there was just voting no discussion. Usually each team is asked to give a summary of their season. Sunday it was just who do you vote for and it was over in 5 minutes. I agree there should be a better way, but what. Coaches should be able to lobby for their teams before voting begins. The Lawrence Co. teams know very little about the Scioto Co. teams and vice versa. For the most part they don't play each other. So you vote for who you know. This season it was the Burg that thought they were screwed by the vote, there have been years when Fairland has been very good and not got a 1 or 2 seed. Play each other is all I know then you know who the better teams are, but that still may not matter.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

m_martin wrote:Geez...Wheelersburg doesn't get a number 1 seed and their fans think they got screwed......Imagine that!!!

Be careful putting everyone in the same group. I never complained about the seeding. ;-)

Riverrat Tiger
Freshman Team

Post by Riverrat Tiger »

LOL, add Portsmouth and Ironton to the SOC and you have the #1 Seed!

All kidding aside, #1 or #2 doesn't matter, you still have to win.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I am not from Wheelersburg, but they should be upset in my opinion. These guys made a great run last year, and returned a solid core. They also played a tougher schedule. When the records are so close, these three elements should be considered: 1)Strength of Schedule, 2)Head to Head 3)Which team would a reasonable person think is better? ----> If a gun were put to your head, who would you say wins?

Wheelersburg

I know who else is upset about Wheelersburg getting the #2 seed. Unioto and Federal Hocking.

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

BULDOG wrote:
m_martin wrote:Geez...Wheelersburg doesn't get a number 1 seed and their fans think they got screwed......Imagine that!!!

Be careful putting everyone in the same group. I never complained about the seeding. ;-)

Agreed, but I was referring to the previous posts. Didn't mean to offend anyone.

Return to “Baseball”