LEFTY-------Donson Dearth--------

bird78
Varsity

LEFTY-------Donson Dearth--------

Post by bird78 »

Donson ''DANGEROUS DELIVERY'' Dearth......son of DOUG DEARTH...former [ NY-YORK..GRAD] is off to good start again this season for Fisher Catholic Irish.....I went to see him pitch against Lancaster in scrimmage.....and he had 10 strikeouts in 4 innings of work and was in total command of his pitches.....will be posting later after seeing how he did in first start versus Amanda Clearcreek.....Go DONSON.....this lefty is a junior this year and will be the ace for Fisher this season...will have more updates for ya as I get them....... :shock: :-D :!:

bird78
Varsity

Re: LEFTY-------Donson Dearth--------

Post by bird78 »

Donson opened the season by pitching 6 2/3 innings and got a no decision as Fisher won it in the bottom of the seventh...to give the AMANDA CLEARCREEK ACES THEIR FIRST LOSS [ 6-1] ON SEASON..he had 7 k's........and against Letonia...school from the Cincinnati area....he pitched 2 innings with 6 k's and picked up his first win of young season......then going against West Jefferson he got 11k's and a complete game to go 2-0.....in 15 2/3 innings Donson has 24 k's and only 2 walks......he's scheduled to pitch against Grandview Heights .....monday as the Irish look to go 5-1 on the season......Go ''DD''.....KEEP A SMOKIN....... :shock: :-D :!:

buckeye4
Waterboy

Post by buckeye4 »

I also saw Dearth play. His pitching is even better than last year and this boy is big. I would say by the strength in his pitching arm, he has been working out. Reading post by bird78, I see Donson Dearth has some great stats. Did see the picture and article about Dearth in the Lancaster paper. Bird78, don't know if you know the Dearth boy personally but was wondering if anyone has been looking at him yet?

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

buckeye4----yes I know Donson.....gets his arm strength from catfishin at Snowden Lake...lol.... he has the mailbox stuffed already ....offers from Virginia Tech----Marshall and by the time he 's done next year......the buckeyes are makin ''BIG'' mistake by not LOOKIN at this Lefty......has been tutored by Lancaster's own ''Alan Anderson ....who pitched for the Twin's.....this Lefty is going to follow that path too...hopefully the reds take a gander......the could use some southpaws from what I've seen of them this year.....but best of all this kid is a winner ...not only by his play but just a great kid all round and by the way ''DOUGGIE'' did a great job raising this young man....Great Kid....and a TEAM PLAYER.....BEEN FISHIN HERE LATELY...WILL HAVE MORE UPDATES LATER FOR YA BUCKEYE....this kid's a natural but above all is a hard worker and knows what he wants......GO''''DANGEROUS'' :shock: :-D :!:

buckeye4
Waterboy

Post by buckeye4 »

bird78, thanks for the info...Isn't Dearth a Junior....alot of playing time left to be looked at. I remember Anderson when he pitched for the Twin's, great Coach for Dearth to have. Keep us posted

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

Dang, offers from those D1 schools already? How hard is he throwing? Saying the reds will hopefully take a gander has to be stretching it, unless.......he is top 30-40 in the nation.......

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

60 ft 6......don't know exactly how hard he's been clocked this year but at age 16 he was clocked at mid 80's.......he's 17 now so its probably even better with his hard work lifting and getting tutored every sunday by Alan.....I mean every Sunday....last 2 years.....Dangerous ''Donson pitched a complete game against Licking Heights in his last start but the Irish came up short and lost 7-6.....so he's now 2-1 on the young season....if ever quits raining to get some games in...lol...keep up good work Donson and knock e'm DEAD.........GO LEFTY GO :shock: :-D :!:

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Donson pitched last night against Grandview Heights and pitched his 3rd complete game in four starts for the Irish of Fisher Catholic.The only game he hasn't finished was against the Amanda Clearcreek Aces [7-2] which the Irish gave the Aces one of their 2 losses on the year..Donson pitched 6 2/3 in that game but came up with a no-decision as the Irish won it in in the bottom of the seventh.Against Grandview Dangerous gave up 6 hits,walking just one batter and striking out 7.The Irish won the game 3-2.Donson's stats on the year....31 innings pitched with 35 ko's and only 4 walks and a 3-1 record with a glowing 1.59 era........GO DANGEROUS :shock: :-D :!:

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

umm....16....mid 80's....that is rare....

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

its really not that rare............ if you've got the talent then you can do it. and dedication and work ethic.

60ft.6in.
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft.6in. »

16, mid 80's (lefty), is rare, especially in Ohio...

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Donson picked up his fourth victory as he pitched a 5 hit game against West Jefferson to keep the fighting Irish in first place with a 7-1 record...keep a SMOKIN ''DANGEROUS''......next probable start....against Grandwiew Heights ...this week.....Get E'm........DONSON....... :shock: :-D :!: Fisher took a pair from Grandville Christian to raise their record to 13 -2 on the season 8)

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Fisher drops to 13-3 overall and back into a first place tie with Liberty Union in the Mid State League Cardinal division after Liberty Union beat the Irish tonight 10-4 at Beavers Field in Lancaster. Dearth was one of four pitchers used by Fisher tonight. The two teams play again tomorrow at LU.

buckeye4
Waterboy

Post by buckeye4 »

Frozenrope, I was at the game. Actually Fisher used 5 pitchers. Dearth came in with one out in the 5th and got both batters out that he faced. The coach pulled him after that to use him tonight or Wednesday.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

buckeye4..............was mushroom hunting and missed game 8) thanx for update....smart coaching for saving ''DANGEROUS'' :-D bet different outcome tonight ;-) ''GO LEFTY'' Show them ''LIONS'' :roll: What......YA GOT......beat e'm on their home field........DONSON....... :shock: :-D :!: Irish going to be 14-3 8)

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Fisher Catholic takes back over first place alone in the MSL Cardinal with a 7-2 victory over Liberty Union tonight. A 3 run home run by Michael Wellstead in the 5th inning put the Irish up 5-0 and pretty much did the Lions in. Liberty also committed two big errors that cost runs. LU outhit Fisher 6-5 but could not come up with timely hits. Dearth did pitch and did well. However, he doesn't throw anywhere near the mid 80's that was mentioned earlier in this thread. He's maybe 70-75 but not above that. Dearth's biggest quality is his control and command. He doesn't give up any free passes and he's not afraid to challenge hitters. His numbers tonight were: 7 innings, 6 hits, 2 walks, 3 strikeouts. His team plays defense for him and they get the run support he needs.

Fisher has two more tough games this week: Grandview Heights tomorrow and Licking Heights on Friday.
Liberty Union also has two more tough games this week: Berne Union tomorrow and Grandview Heights Friday. The Irish lead by one game but the way things are going in the MSL Cardinal, the league is completely up for grabs. There hasn't been a team yet that has shown consistency so who knows who comes out on top in the end. Right now it could be one of about 4 or 5 teams.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Frozen......thanx for the update....way to go Irish....told ya......but if for 1 minute you think ole Lefty only throws 70-75...your smarter than speed gun :shock: and yes Fisher plays defense thats why their 14-3, and back in first place. You can have your opinion on the speed but guns don't lie......evidently with all the scouts watching this Lefty pitch they think so too....but your entitled to your version of speed but seen the numbers... ;-) Will have Donson's stats for season after shrooming this week.Get out in woods people the yellow and whites are everywhere.....Congrads.....DONSON on yet another complete game,way to finish what your start.......keep that 70 mph pitch and blow it by them..... :shock: :-D :!:

buckeye4
Waterboy

Post by buckeye4 »

Birb78 and Frozenrope, I attended the Fisher Catholic and Liberty Union game last night as I wanted to see Dearth pitch for Fisher Catholic and wanted to watch Mix hit for Liberty Union. I also took my radar gun. I had Dearth at 79-82 mph for the entire game with his fastball. More impressive to me was the change-up and curve that Dearth was throwing and his control. Mix ended the game 0-3 with a walk. I can see the potential in his swing though it appeared that the change of speeds was giving him trouble. Both teams battled through a drizzle for the first 3 innings. By the way I clocked Mix at 87 mph for several pitches but he didnt have much control. Is Mix going to pitch for Toledo or play in the field?

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

I didn't see anyone there with a radar gun. Mix is supposed to be playing corner infield, corner outfield, and eventually be a closer for Toledo.

If you were in fact there with your radar gun, I'm curious to know what you clocked LU's two lefty's at (Makuch, and Springer)? They both looked to be throwing harder than Dearth...big difference was control. Speed doesn't mean anything if you can't control it.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

rope............now I know the problem :roll: '' YOUR BLIND'' :shock: :-D :!:

Return to “Baseball”