2009 Warren Warriors Season

Cap'n Scoop
All State

2009 Warren Warriors Season

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

With the games starting tomorrow lets get a season thread running. Warren opens at rival Marietta in what hopefully will be the first of 3 great games with the Tigers.

k k ann
Waterboy

Re: 2009 Warren Warriors Season

Post by k k ann »

GO BIG BLUE!!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Good luck Warriors...

a_fan
Waterboy

Post by a_fan »

Warren 21 Marietta 5 What a great start keep it up

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Great win for the Warriors. Congrats to Coach Bayles on his first victory. Every Warren starter had a hit and scored. Justin Pettit pitched the first 3 innings giving up one run and Tyler Proctor came in to finish up.

At Parkersburg South tomorrow.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Good Job Blue! Keep hitting the ball

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Wow... what a way to start the season.
Good luck at Pkb.So. tomorrow...

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

Wow what a great way to start your season. Who pitched for Marietta? I expected them to be more competitive than this showing.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Marietta used 5 pitchers, Brooker was the starter. Brockmeier pitched a scoreless 5th. He probably didn't start because he hasn't had a lot of work yet because of the run the Tigers had in basketball. I look for the second game to be a much closer contest.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Parkersburg South 4
Warren 3

Rough night for the Warriors at the plate and in the field. Zach Heath pitched 5 great innings giving up 3 unearned runs. Nate Heiss pitched the 6th giving up one unearned run.

Meigs at home on Friday.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

After a couple of cancellations late in the week the Warriors will be ready to return to action Monday at home against Logan. The weather report for the upcoming week is not promising though. If the sun shines it will be a very tough week with Gallia Tuesday, Zanesville Wednesday, Marietta Friday and a DH at Belpre Saturday.

I believe Coach Bayles wanted to get todays DH with Morgan rescheduled at home but not sure why that fell through. It would have been nice to get a couple more home games seeing how the AD saw fit to only schedule 10 of them and a non-conference home game has now been cancelled. It is a shame that the 9 seniors will not get to play many games at Warrior field, which in my opinion is the best place to watch high school baseball.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

When will the madness end? 5 games in a row have been cancelled and the Warriors have not played in a week now. Maybe tomorrow against a very powerful Zanesville team that has shown no mercy on their opponents. It will be a great challenge for Warren to see where they stand.

It would be great to see a game picked up for Thursday the 9th, seeing how it is going to be the nicest day of the week and we don't have a game.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipois hasn't played since beating Ironton 3-2 in extra innings on April 1 Three straight postponements. Meigs due at Memorial Field Wednesday, weather permitting. for a non-league game.

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

As a Zanesville fan we are hoping to get this game in tomorrow. We have played the past 2 nights at home in very non baseball weather and would like to get a game in when it is above 50 degrees. We have as a team played well in spurts but have shown signs of mental relaxation in the past couple of contests.

I think this game is a fairly good measuring stick for both teams this early in the season. I know as a fan of the Blue Devils that we always expect great competition and hospitality when we head to Warren. I look for this game to be decided by role players as I expect both teams top players will cancel each other out.

Zanesville has played 4 games this season and 0 have gone a full 7 innings. As a fan and a baseball guy it makes me nervous knowing we haven't trailed or played in a game that was still up for grabs after the 3rd inning. We are young and seeing how we handle adversity will show just how good we can be.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

bluedevilpride

The Ville seems to have a good plan so far this year.
Hit the ball
Catch the ball
Can it be as easy as that........

Keep up the good work.... :122249

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I'm hoping this will be a good 7 inning contest. After a week and a half into the season, teams should be rolling right now but with the weather being miserable, this seems more like a season opener. Warren's pitching staff is well rested, maybe too much so. Not sure who will get the start. I'm guessing Proctor. Who will be on the mound for the Blue Devils.

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

My guess would be that Sophomore Cole Carpenter will get the start for the Devils. With Kaido and Young pitching Monday/Tuesday respectively I would see coach Balo giving Cole a chance to show his stuff to the Warren faithful.

The Blue Devils are really seeing the ball well and with the weather holding out today I expect it to be more of the same. I have been impressed with this teams ability to hit in the order top to bottom. I think all members of the Blue Devils have had multiple hit games to this point which is a marked difference between this team and teams of years past.

I can't wait to hear how this one turns out as I am not going to be able to attend. Go Blue Devils!!!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Zanesville 10
Warren 3

This was a good game through 5 innings. Zanesville pulled away late. They can hit the ball throughout the order and are going to have a special season. Both teams played great defense.

Warren is at Marietta on Friday, weather permitting.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The game with Marietta has moved from Friday to today because of possible rain. Hopefully the boys will be able to get their uniforms...this is a good idea but should have been taken care of yesterday.

Return to “Baseball”