the DH

jtc
Waterboy

the DH

Post by jtc »

Whats every ones thoughts on the DH in high school ball???

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Re: the DH

Post by bluedevilpride »

I think the idea of the DH is a good idea if the coach is using it for the right reasons. We at Zanesville had a player who due to a shoulder injury was unable to play in the field but was able to bat for his senior season due to the DH.
I do worry that if used improperly a DH being used will limit the individual development of the player being subbed for in the lineup.
So I guess the basis of this is that it depends on how the position is being used.

jtc
Waterboy

Post by jtc »

I think the DH is a slap in the face for the kid being DH for. The kid thats batting will get all the credit. The kid that works hes but off on defence has to watch in the dug out .(If the coach does not have confidence with the batter by DH him. ) ( Thats just destroys the kids confidence in his self) Some coaches think its better to win then to give a kid a chance to bat for his self.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

I myself like the DH, for 2 reasons

1) To give one more kidd an chance to play in the ballgame. This is the main reason for me.

2) to rest ur pitcher or catcher between inning or to protect or pitcher if he is a left handed pitcher that bats right or right that bats left.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Bluedevilpride...it would have been a shame for Mr. Young to have lost his senior season. I watched him for many seasons and was grateful to see him at least bat for one more.

highandtight
Freshman Team

Post by highandtight »

I don't know whats wrong with highschool coaches these days, thinking winning is important. This isn't little league, the best nine hitters get to bat.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

jtc wrote:I think the DH is a slap in the face for the kid being DH for. The kid thats batting will get all the credit. The kid that works hes but off on defence has to watch in the dug out .(If the coach does not have confidence with the batter by DH him. ) ( Thats just destroys the kids confidence in his self) Some coaches think its better to win then to give a kid a chance to bat for his self.

jtc must have been a player or is a player that is getting DH for. Work your butt off on all phases of the game, not just defense. Where do you work your butt off? IN PRACTICE. Coaches don't have time to worry about how Johnny is feeling about being DH'd for. Winning, can you believe that concept. The nerve of some coaches wanting to win. :lol: :lol: :lol:

jtc
Waterboy

Post by jtc »

SO REGULATER you can tell all this just reading my post??? you must the THE MAN lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

jtc wrote:Whats every ones thoughts on the DH in high school ball???

Its Evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down with the DH!!!!!!

stoleit_2711
Waterboy

Post by stoleit_2711 »

i like it, because what if the kid that is the DH is the worst fielder but the best hitter its common sense to let him bat.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

If you don't play the feild then you don't get to hit!!!

The devil invented the DH.
Come on whats the fun in the DH.

Hey when I grow up I wanna be the DH for the Yankees.(no just doesn't work!!)

Return to “Baseball”