Who will win the SEOAL championship crown?

Poll ended at Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Total votes: 0

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

Who will take the championship this year? Not just in the north and south but in the league as a whole

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: Who will win the SEOAL championship crown?

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Zanesville should be loaded!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I'm going with Zanesville

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

I think Ironton will have a good team this year

maninthemiddle
Waterboy

Post by maninthemiddle »

My Vote is for Zanesville. I think the only thing that will stop them from winning the SEOAL is underachieving. This team is loaded with many kids that can play numerous positions very well, lots of team speed, good hitters, and just all around great kids that know the game of baseball. I know Coach Balo won't settle for anything but perfection. It will be another great year to watch baseball in the SEOAL. Good luck to all of the teams.

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

I would have to give the nod again to Zanesville!! They have 6 of the top 8 players returning of which 5 are juniors. This group knows the game and they know ech other!! Hudson Maxwell and Kaido will be tough to touch on the mound and Young should contribute as a plug in at 4 or 5 spots with his ability to throw with either arm. Should be a great year in the league and I can't wait first stop Logan!!

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

I would say Zville ...but our Cavs are loaded w/ talented seniors . If we can get some pitching we will be right in it !!!
We also have some talented kids who are not seniors , not wanting to slight anyone . Hopefully Coach Dunn and Coach Dawes will find a winning mix .
Last edited by chilltown on Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dawescpa
Riding the Bench

Post by dawescpa »

chill- you are correct..... pitching, pitching, pitching. Amazing how important it always is.

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

Marietta should contend for it. The only way we shouldn't is if we play down to our opponents like we did alot last year. Rarely did we ever play our best ball last year. But with a loaded pitching staff (Brockmeir, Brooker, and Bauman) and returning 7 out of 9 starters (plus Bauman who missed nearly all last season) so we will be good to go. We didnt do well last year in league but then again we did beat Jackson (league champs) in sectionals. So I think it comes down to Marietta and Zanesville. Hopefully we handle our stuff this year.

96stroker
JV Team

Post by 96stroker »

Jackson lost some great pitching . But Rolston will have the kids bats ready and will be fundamentally sound. Dont count the Ironmen out.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Zanesville took a hit already losing Hudson for the year due to hip surgery.Hopefully every thing goes alright for this young man.Take care Cole and my prayers will be with you........

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

WOW, that is a big loss. Warren faced him all 3 times they played last season. He was one of the better pitchers we saw all year. Was this a sports related injury? My thoughts and prayers go out to this young man, get well soon.

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

The injury is known as FAI (may be wrong on the abbreviation)which has to do with him growing too fast and being to active for his joints to properly develop. He is out for 4 months due to having to have both hips operated on. I know he is going to make it back for his senior season of football and baseball next year. He is a huge loss but will be a huge cheerleader for the rest of the Blue Devils in the dugout. I still look for Coach Balo to have his troops ready and I believe they will still contend for the SEOAL crown.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I liked watching Cole play and my son enjoyed competing against him. We are both wishing him a speedy recovery.

I still say Zanesville is the team to beat in the North but this definately closed the gap...the schedule and how the weather goes may determine the league champ in this division.

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

I spoke with Cole's dad last night and it looks as though the surgery went well. He has to go through the ringer for the next 21 days and then it is on to hip number 2 on April 2nd. I expect Cole to fight through it and be back ready to compete for his senior campaign in football and baseball. Intersquad scrimmage at the high school tonight with the boys. Should be fun to watch how they compete.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Its wide open with thens gone. Good luck to all the teams.

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

look for logan to surprise some teams this season they might not win league but they should win more than they have the past couple years they have the talent to do it

dave
Riding the Bench

Post by dave »

Sorry 3morethan2 but:

No pitching + New coaching staff = 4 wins this year.

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

my personal opinion is that my cavs will take their first division crown in a very long period of time.

chilltown said it right when he said were loaded with talented seniors, and i also agree that pitching will be the key.

with dawes, webb, van voorhis, and carey on the pitching staff...we have a lot of experience, but strikes have to be thrown and spots have to be hit.

hopefully both of those things happen, cause if they do we will take the SEOAL championship

GO CAVS

Return to “Baseball”