Who is going to win the SOC I in 2009?

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Who is going to win the SOC I in 2009?

Post by OneBunter »

Predictions?

swbaseballfan
All State

Re: Who is going to win the SOC I in 2009?

Post by swbaseballfan »

ND is probobly still the favorite, but i think east may have a chance this year if they can get things together. they have some talent, they just cant seem to get things together as a team. green has lots of good players, and may pull out with the championship

izzy94
Waterboy

Post by izzy94 »

I'd say Notre Dame has to be a favorite.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

how is eastern pike and symmes valley not the fav with everything they have coming back

izzy94
Waterboy

Post by izzy94 »

They're in the mix along with ND. Eastern Pike greatly improved last season. What's everyone returning?

East, ND, EP, SV, Clay, etc. Is New Boston fielding a team this year?

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

eastern is returning everyone beside josh brown who played outfield plus we got a transfer jordan thornsberry who is a very good pitcher and infielder and acouple kids are going to start playin again. so that will give us 4 really good pitchers and acouple other left handed kids have been working off the mound over the off season

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

ND has to be the favorite in the SOC I UNTIL someone knocks them off.

fungo7
Waterboy

Post by fungo7 »

Symmes Valley is the team to beat right now in the SOC 1, they won the league last year and are the team to beat. Eastern will be a strong contender with what they have returning. Word has it that New Boston will not field a team again this year but hope that can be changed. Clay, East, and Green should be competitive this year. Notre Dame has to replace the loss of seven seniors from a year ago and will be young this year, will probably have a chance to play spoiler in some games this year. Let the games begin to see the results.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

didnt ND win it last year???

rosemounter
Waterboy

Post by rosemounter »

no symmes valley did.

Eagle_2
Waterboy

Post by Eagle_2 »

Notre Dame lost their whole starting lineup almost and barely Beat Eastern last year in their first game. So they need to prove themselves this year. Green was a decent team last year and MIGHT contend. Clay was a young but decent team also and might bring it to a few SOC teams but doubt they will beat Eastern or Symmes Valley. New Boston won't even have a team. Western will do what they do best since kier is gone, LOSE. Eastern is returning a Whole starting lineup except for a Outfeilder that can be easily replaced by Southworth or Edler. Our Defense for Osborne Pitching will probably be Vanhoose (1st) Swiggett(2nd) Thornsberry (SS) Brett Burner (3rd) Stump (C) Edler (RF) Deweese (CF) Southworth (LF). For Deweese pitching will be toughest to Overcome. It will most likely be Vanhoose (1st) Swiggett(2nd) Thornsberry (SS) Brett Burner (3rd) Southworth (LF) Osborne (CF) Edler (RF) and the Sophomores will most likely sub in and Out if we do not get a JV team. It will basically be the same for Swiggett pitching except Brian Osborne at (SS) and Thornsberry at (2nd)

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

Should be a very competitve spring in the SOC I. I think that the championship still goes thru Symmes Valley though--with Hatfield and Powell returning to take the hump. Both of these guys can dominate games, and Coach Renfroe knows how to scratch enough runs to win. The season can't here quick enough.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

symmes valley has to play eastern at home twice. i dont think they will be able to win both games. last year we had them beat in both games osborne had them down 9-5 in the first game and some E's in the last to innings cost us the 1st game. I had them down 9-4 in the second and the same thing happend and swigget gave up a pop up that would of been a easy out at are place but ended up being a home run cost us game 2. they where both really close games and could go either way

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

We at Green played them close both times too. Lost 3-0 to them at our place with Hatfield throwing. When we went to their place we were up 6-5 going into the bottom 1/2 of the 6th after some well played ball and a 30 minute rain delay in the 3rd. The clouds really opened up again, our pitcher couldn't find control with the wet ball, and we somehow found 2 outs (1 of which was an outfield assist from RF to the plate) between walking the bases loaded. The umpire suspended the game. Roughly 2 weeks later, after we had already been knocked out of the sectional, we went back. Made the 45 minute bus trip and got loose. On the second pitch Powell (I believe) singled, driving in two runs. We shook hands and got back on the bus. The only thing worse than losing to SV is having to drive out there twice to do it.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

lol i always get sick. i wish they would get in another conference. i hate that trip

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i remember playing in high school and i hated going that far to. i remember when i was in Sr. League they had tournaments there, we had to drive there almost every day. one day when i was riding with my parants we were going down this steep hill and the brakes went out on the way there!!!!

morrissette#18
Riding the Bench

Post by morrissette#18 »

I think i was in the car when that happened. Too little to remember that though, unless that was when we had to stop on the side of the road at a building that had red and black checkers on it. I also remember going there for 9-10 all stars. It's not worth the ride to play on their fields unless they've gotten better.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

if we had food in the car you would have remembered

morrissette#18
Riding the Bench

Post by morrissette#18 »

Actually we did. I remember eating cheeze its on the way back home.

catscoachmac
Riding the Bench

Post by catscoachmac »

morrissette#18,

Their field has improved drastically I think. Having played on it in mid 90's, coached on it in the late 90's and then returned there for the first time last year, I was shocked. Don't get me wrong, it's still a porch, with balls flying out of there left and right--but the playing surface itself is great. It's become a field that's worth the drive. I just hope we only have to make that trip once this season.

Return to “Baseball”