Freshman Team

Meigs Marauders 2009

Post by Marauder_2010 »

Thoughts???

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: Meigs Marauders 2009

Post by JoeGatto »

My thought is that just like with Nelsonville in football and Vinton in basketball, until someone steps up and de-throans the Marauders in baseball, they have to be the favorite to win the TVC-Ohio once again. Coach Grimm is doing a tremendous job with that program.
The TVC Ohio in baseball is always very competitive top to bottom and I think it just got a little tougher with the addition of Athens. I think it's going to come down to the Marauders and Bulldogs for the title. But like I said above, until someone shows (not just talks about it) they can beat Meigs, they are my pick.

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

I agree, you have to beat the champ to be the champ and we're the champs!

GO MEIGS!

I am just curious could someone give me a record for the past 10 years or so for Meigs baseball? I bet it's around 80%?

Sprint_Girl
Waterboy

Post by Sprint_Girl »

My thought is that just like with Nelsonville in football and Vinton in basketball, until someone steps up and de-throans the Marauders in baseball, they have to be the favorite to win the TVC-Ohio once again. Coach Grimm is doing a tremendous job with that program.
The TVC Ohio in baseball is always very competitive top to bottom and I think it just got a little tougher with the addition of Athens. I think it's going to come down to the Marauders and Bulldogs for the title. But like I said above, until someone shows (not just talks about it) they can beat Meigs, they are my pick.

I agree, Coach Grimm is a great coach.
He always does very well, he also listens to the kids and what they have to say. Which can play a big part in working together.
;-)

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

Really? How so?

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

well lets see here...they are the going for the three-peat in the TVC this year...thats no accident

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

what is grimm's record in the tournaments

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

I couldn't agree more...there was definitely something special going on to have those fantastic back-to-back TVC Championships. The coaching staff and team leaders had a lot to do with the motivation and success of the team and I can't wait to see what they do this season. Best of Luck Marauders...let's get a third TVC Championship and move through the playoffs like we know we can.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

i dont think it was the coaching.the talent and the love for game and to constantly try to improve by the players means alot.any coach could do what he has done because of talent alone,but a good coach could get them to the next level,meaning the tournaments.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

yellowjacket....so I guess the same could be said about Coach Chancey, Coach Ewing, and all the other football and basketball coaches that have come and gone at Meigs High School. Your logic doesn't make a bit of sense.

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

i dont think anyone in their right mind could could say coach grimm isn't doing things right. his kids work hard all year for him lifting weights, hitting, throwing...etc... even working on the field. they have bought into his system and it seems to be working VERY well!

i don't want to wish away what could be a succesful basketball season but i'm ready for a 3 peat!

does anyone have their previous regular season records? tvc and non-conference?

Yossarian
Freshman Team

Post by Yossarian »

Meigs tournament record has more to do with who they play and when than coaching. The Marauders are one of if not the smallest Div.II team in Ohio. They do not have the luxury of playing weaker teams in their tournament. If memory serves me they have lost to Warren Local, Gallia Academy, and Waverly in recent years. Those are really tough games in the sectional . They have been shut out three times in those games which I doubt you could blame on coaching. Who you play and when makes all the difference. Meigs baseball has always had more success than other sports at Meigs and recently they have had more than ever. That is a credit to the players and coaches.

I smell good
JV Team

Post by I smell good »

Are they playing Southern in baseball?

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

i,ve watched these kids play since they were in little league and they have won and been good players on every team they were on,i dont think grimm had anything to do with that.they aren't doing anything different than they were doing then.

grizzlyman
Waterboy

Post by grizzlyman »

Yellowjacket wrote:

i,ve watched these kids play since they were in little league and they have won and been good players on every team they were on,i dont think grimm had anything to do with that.they aren't doing anything different than they were doing then.

Just because kids have had previous success at a lower level has no bearing on how they will do at the next level. Kids mature at different ages, so who's to say these boys haven't physically matured at the lower level.

Plus in the lower levels they usually are playing against one another & maybe against boys from Eastern, Gallipolis, Point Pleasant & Southern. Now they will be going up against the likes of Athens, Vinton County, Belpre, Alexander, Wellston & Nelsonville-York. So I don't believe you can put too much stock in what they've done at the lower levels.

Coach Grimm & his staff are doing a fine job @ Meigs & have had success in the regular season which is 20+ games. Baseball is a funny game & in the tournament anyone can get hot or get a bad draw, which seems to be the case for Meigs year in & year out. Now you add a JV coach that knows baseball & how to win in the postseason (Bissell did coach previously @ Eastern right?). Bissell will be looked at with more respect than the past coach @ this level, let's see if that doesn't pay dividends in a couple years.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Brent Bissell is an excellent addition to the Marauder coaching staff. Not only does he have the experience and knowledge of the game, but he's a Meigs alum. I was glad to see Coach Bissell as a football assistant and now he'll be helping out the baseball team too. Great job by the administration to get him in.

yellowjacket....once again I repeat, if you're going to use that logic for baseball then you have to use it for football and basketball as well. Those kids have also grown up playing the game together for years. They've all had success when they're younger, and then when they all get to the high school level they do pretty well in the league but struggle in the playoffs and tournaments. Are you going to blame ALL of that on coaching as well? If so, then I guess Meigs just needs to fire all of their high school coaches and bring in the little league baseball coaches, elementary basketball coaches, and youth football coaches. Glad you've got the key ingredient that Meigs has been missing for all of these years.

KnowIt2
Riding the Bench

Post by KnowIt2 »

The kids have to be in shape, lead by a leader and know the game...that is what Grimm does and that is why they win

Return to “Baseball”