09 Warren Warriors

Cap'n Scoop
All State

09 Warren Warriors

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

The 2009 season could be a very interesting one. Warren does not have a lot of stud ball players coming back like they normally do but what they have is a lot of solid seniors and a few good underclassmen. Warren is not going to be the favorite to win the North but they will make a run at it.

They will be lead by Senior Middle infielder/catcher Tyler Spence and Sophomre Infielder/Pitcher Tyler Proctor. These two players played for the Beverly/Lowell Legion team and a fall team based out of Marietta that won the Columbus league.

Spence was the leadoff batter last year and led the team in average, runs and walks.
Proctor will be counted on for RBI's and will be the ace on the mound.

Other Seniors:
Jeremy Murphy...OF/IF...Great outfielder, good power
Heath Nicholas....OF/P...LH hitter/Pitcher, Great speed
Nate Heiss..........OF/1B...LH Hitter/Pitcher, Potential to be great hitter
Justin Pettit.........P/2B....RH Pitcher, will get lots of time on mound
Ben Johnson.......C/1B....Solid behind the plate
Andrew Coffman...OF.....Will be most improved player

Juniors:
Zach Heath.........IF/P.....RH Hitter/Pitcher, great hitter, possibly be #2 pitcher

There will be some opportunities for younger ballplayers to step in and make an impact.

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Re: 09 Warren Warriors

Post by gtowntiger78 »

Marietta has Brockmeirer and Brooker back on the mound. Zanesville will have Hudson and I can't think of the other kid that played 3B and pitched as well. It could be a tough year for the Warriors. By the way, what ever happened to Wagner from Warren? Did he go to college somewhere?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Gtown, thank you for your take on the SEOAL North on this WHS thread. No doubt Marietta and Zanesville are the favorites. I believe the 3B/Pitcher's name is Maxwell.
Yes, Wagner went to WV State.

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Post by gtowntiger78 »

Scoop - thx. As we all know baseball can be a funny game and we never know what will happen. It just takes an upset here or there and the warriors could be in the thick of things at the end. I'll have to admit that the Warriors have had a great run over the last 10 years. They've had some great ball players that's for sure!

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

Cap'n Scoop,

Didn't Pettit play for Beverly-Lowell this past summer? I am pretty sure he did. I was able to catch quite a few of those games and feel that he will be a big asset for the Warriors staff this spring. He will not overpower you with the heater but, he sure can mix pitches up and has some nasty breaking balls along with a Knuckle pitch that wobbles pretty good. The Warrior pitching staff will have a decent 1, 2 and 3 hurlers to work with. You throw in a few more quality innings from your squad and you guys will be very competitive. Good Luck this spring and stay focused mentally. Play smart baseball and good things will happen.

Seniors it is your time to lead so, go out and set the example for your program.

Tyler Spence
Jeremy Murphy
Justin Pettit
Ben Johnson
Nate Heiss
Heath Nicholas
Andrew Coffman

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Justin Pettit did play for the Legion team. He kind of got a bum deal and did not get many opportunities. He will be counted on this spring for many quality innings. His knuckleball is a wicked pitch!

Clover
Waterboy

Post by Clover »

Cap'n Scoop,

Anyone from your team planning on playing at the next level after they complete their senior season? It seems Warren has been sending players on to play college baseball over the last 5+ years.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Clover: Tyler Spence is the only senior that I know of for sure. He is hoping to catch on at a WVIAC School. Junior Zach Heath is capable and I'm sure Sophomore Tyler Proctor will continue at the next level. He is definately something special.

WarriorSeniors09
Waterboy

Post by WarriorSeniors09 »

While your information is correct on senior position you do not have the full roster of seniors.
Failed to mention

Jake Bailey, P/Center Field
Derek Knost, Out Field
Ty Giffin, P

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Thanks for the correction. Ty Giffin will get lots of action on the mound. Curious about the move-in Bailey. Hope he is all he says he is.

WarriorSeniors09
Waterboy

Post by WarriorSeniors09 »

Well if Bailey is what he says he is we will have solid pitching, all year long.

For Ty he is a great pitcher, he had his chance for varsity last year until he was injured in his accident.

warriorfootballer
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfootballer »

bailey plays baseball? i didnt know he did anything. at all. ever.

maybe i shouldnt have judged the book by its cover

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

This season will be a little different for this senior laden team as they adjust to a new head coach, as Warren has decided not to renew Coach Bradford's contract for the upcoming year.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

Any speculation on who the new coach might be?

darKnight
Riding the Bench

Post by darKnight »

There's another thread on this forum for speculation: Coaching Vacany at Warren High School.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

WHSwarrior wrote:This season will be a little different for this senior laden team as they adjust to a new head coach, as Warren has decided not to renew Coach Bradford's contract for the upcoming year.

That's too bad. He sure knew how to swing the bat.

otterslide
JV Team

Post by otterslide »

Jace Knost is a freshman but he is a good athlete. He has really excelled as a baseball player. His speed on the pads is terrific! He has played centerfield and with his speed he can cover alot of ground. He could play at the varsity level with no problem in my opinion.
Wish we still had him at belpre but that is our loss. He is a great kid with great parents. I wish him the best.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

It is a huge step for a freshman to play at the varsity in the SEOAL. I have been around Jace a little and he has the demeanor to possibly make it happen. I'm sure whoever the coach is they will give him a good look.

eagle7
Riding the Bench

Post by eagle7 »

otterslide wrote:Jace Knost is a freshman but he is a good athlete. He has really excelled as a baseball player. His speed on the pads is terrific! He has played centerfield and with his speed he can cover alot of ground. He could play at the varsity level with no problem in my opinion.
Wish we still had him at belpre but that is our loss. He is a great kid with great parents. I wish him the best.

I agree I wish he stayed but last time I talked to him he wasn't playing this year
I think he might run track though I'm not sure about that though

darKnight
Riding the Bench

Post by darKnight »

What's the word on the coaching sich?

Return to “Baseball”