POST 23 Game updates

Post by bulkmove »

Post any updates as you get them.

Winning pitcher; hitting leaders; etc..

fungo7
Waterboy

Re: POST 23 Game updates

Post by fungo7 »

I know that Post 23 formed a Junior team this year. Any updates on how they are doing up to this point of the summer.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i have been wondering that too

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Post 23 picked up a pair of wins today, Tuesday at Bainbridge Paint Valley. In the first game, Aaron Oesch was the winning pitcher 12-3. Game 2 saw the young men in blue win 6-3 with Justin Montgomery getting the win. Sendem will have to put the hitting totals up since he kept the book for both games.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

way to go justin montgomery!!! when your on your on, but when your not....well, we wont mention that lol!!!!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Not sure on our final hitting totals, but everybody was hitting the ball very well :12223 . The 1st game was alittle better about putting the ball over the WALL an into the gaps. Aaron if iam not mistaken only gave up 3 or 4 hits an had 3 ks, The 2nd game we hit the ball hard but for the most part, hit the ball right at them. Justin only gave up 3 or 4 hits also an he had 3ks. A very much need sweep for the WHOLE TEAM!! Keep it roll'n. :122249

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Post 23 win DH on sunday in Miegs Co against Post 128

The 1st game saw Jared Farmer with another strong performance to pickup the win in a complete shut-out game, 4-0. Bryan White had 2 big shoots over the center field fence.

The 2nd game saw Justin Montgomery pick up the win going 5 2/3rd with Adam Wamsley coming in to complete the sweep an only facing the last 5 batters. The final score was 14 - 4. The batts came alive in the 2nd game with John Harsha with the biggest one, a 3 run shot over the left field fence in the 6th.

Congrads on a very sucessful week long road trip!!! Post 23 is off today an will be back in action on Tue in Morehead, Ky. Keep it roll'n :122249

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Tue night proved to be another winning evening for the boys in Blue. Post 23 swept Morehead Post 126 in both game. The 1st game seen Aaron Oesch pick up the win in 6inning an only aloud 1 hit by score of 11-0. The second game seen a combo of pitchers with the win going to Randy Ratcliff coming in, in relief of John Harsha by the score of 7-4.

The pitching an hitting is starting to go hand an hand. Just in time for the next stop on the schedule a 3 day tournament in Ceredo Kenova this weekend. Tournament starts on Thursday, with Post 23 playing the host team Ceredo Kenova. Then on fri Post 23 plays Moundsville at 3:30 at Spring Valley High School.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

It was a very nice win by the boys in blue last night in Morehead, KY. In the first game, Aaron Oesch (Minford) needed just 66 pitches on his way to a 1 hitter. John Harcha (Portsmouth) hit a 3 run homer in the game and Daniel Armstrong (Wheelersburg) doubled and drove in 2 RBI.

Game two saw Post 23 come out with a 7-4 win. John Harcha (Portsmouth) picked up the win going 3 innings followed by 3 good innings from Randy Ratcliff (Green). Adam Peanut Wamsley (Wheelersburg) came to the mound in the 7th to shut down Post 126. Aaron Oesch (Minford) homered for Post 23.

Sendem, missed you and K.W. at the game Tuesday night.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Yep I was that i was there watching the game instead of working on the camping trailer. But i'll be at the next ones. Thanks a complete run down of both games I was just going on what the wife an the Kidd told me last night.

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

UPDATE from Ceredo Kenova Tourny Post 23 1 Ceredo Kenova 0 in the top of the 7th. Bottom of the 6th Ceredo had base loaded with 1 out, flyball to right field Travis Journey made the catch, runner taggs an Journey throws him out at the plate to end the inning. Nice Play Travis!!! :122249

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

UPDATE: FINAL !!

POST 23 1

Ceredo Kenova 0

Congrads to the whole team on a very nice start to the tournament. Alfie Bricker picks up the win from the mound an Adam Wasmley had the only run scored in the ball game. Keep it ROLL'N :122249

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

The district tournament is around the middle of the July, an if the boys keep playing like they have hear of late they could make a very deep tournament run. Iam keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen :122249

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

CONGRADS !!!! to the POST 23 team on winning the Ceredo Kenova tournament!!!! KEEP IT ROLL'N :122249

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

They play this evening in Fairborn, Oh at 6pm. They are off on Tue an then back in action on Wed, in the Athen Post 21 4th July tournament. Good Luck tonight an in the tournament in Athens this weekend !!! Keep it ROLL'N :122249

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Randy is on the Varsity Team an Matt is on the Jv Team. I dont get to watch the Jv's at all cause I follow the Varsity team. But if I was a betting man :lol: I would say that he plays quite a bit. From what I seen from him in try outs he does a good job behind the plate an at 1st base.

Return to “Baseball”