Burg vs. Hamilton Badin

burgboy
Freshman Team

Burg vs. Hamilton Badin

Post by burgboy »

thoughts... I'am guessing that Russ will be on the mound for the burg. good luck to the burg and take it one game at a time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alabama mike
SE

Re: Burg vs. Hamilton Badin

Post by alabama mike »

My thoughts are we are going to enjoy the regional win for a day or so and go back to work on Monday. People do not realize the amount of preparation that takes place away from the ballfield to get a team ready to go to state. Mr. Porter has to attend a meeting to represent Burg, Coach Estep and Coach Barrick met this morning to discuss a few things since Barrick has been to the show a few times, travel arrangements, motel rooms, tickets and practice routines are all things that have to be worked out in a short period of time. The days leading up to the game will be filled with practice at the high school and other team activites to keep players on a set routine. Yes, its an exciting time but its also a busy time. I am sure a lot of teams would love to trade places and be worrying about details for next week.

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Looks like Badin plays a tough schedule with Moeller, Elder, St. Xavier, etc. However, Burg is tough so if they play good baseball they should have a good chance to win. Good luck Pirates.

burggrad1986
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad1986 »

maybe the gentleman from Minford that was giving advice to the Adena coaches while the Burg was playing thursday on how to beat the Burg could go to Badin and give them a few pointers.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I heard about that as well 86, pretty CLASSLESS :lol: thing to do, IF, in fact, he was passing on information about a fellow league member IMO. If it is who I think it is, the guy was more than likely just talking baseball in general, so until I know for sure........ ;-)

Most coaches go to others for information about an opponent.
Last edited by alabama mike on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

86 that pretty much sums up the bunch from Minford CLASSLESS.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Zebra--what did Minford ever do to you? Even if such a rumor was true, (which may be in doubt), one can not paint an entire community for one person's actions.

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

drrabbit wrote:Zebra--what did Minford ever do to you? Even if such a rumor was true, (which may be in doubt), one can not paint an entire community for one person's actions.

THANK YOU! I was at the game and did not see anyone advising Adena. Burg was undefeated in conference and undefeated against every Ohio team they played, so how much advice could someone really give on how to beat them? Before someone jumps to conclusions, why not make sure you KNOW for sure before making a statement like that? I am not a Burg fan, but I was pulling for them because they are a SOC team. I would say that was showing class. BTW, one of the Adena players has ties to Minford, so MAYBE that is what was being discussed??

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

bama is right, we are going to take a couple days and enjoy this. We are meeting tomorrow to discuss some things and get a plan in motion. We are excited to be in this situation and wouldn't trade it for anything. The Burg coaches and players will be ready, no doubt.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck PIRATES!

We are facing a real good baseball team this friday.

Play to your potential. You all have the bats and the brains to make a game of this.

Badin will have a good crowd out for this. Hope the Burg does the same (LOL). I will try to be there.

Good luck!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Try this link to see if it will get you to the Badin schedule and results. Nice sked and definitely good results.

http://www.gclsports.com/schedule.aspx? ... 2007&cmp=1

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Could have a nice crowd if this game wasn't played at 10:00 IN THE MORNING.
What an absolute shame that they don't care a rats behind about the spring sports programs like they do the others.

How about play these games like they did for basketball. Play 2 semi-final games on Thursday, starting at 6:00pm, 2 on Friday strating at 6:00pm and have all 4 finals on Saturday, starting at Noon. Would have more fans at the games, because I don't know, most people have a job that requires them to be there during the day.

Enough with the rant.

Good luck Pirates this Friday. This team will be very tough, because like you guys, they probably deserve to be there. Each game at this level gets a little tougher and you have to bring your "A" game or it will be game over.

Win or lose, you guys have been a treat to watch this year.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

>>How about play these games like they did for basketball. <<

But Yabba: They ARE doing them just like they do basketball. There are four divisions in each sport. For the state basketball tournament, they do two semifinal games on Thursday at 10:45 am and 2 pm, two semifinal games on Thursday at ~5 pm and 8 pm, two semifinal games on Friday 10:45 am and 2 pm and two semifinal games on Friday at 5 pm and 8 pm.
All finals on Saturday with the first one starting at 10:45 am.

The baseball games do start about 45 minutes earlier than basketball--that is probably because they are outside and have to have a little time built in for such things as rain delays. I doubt moving it back to 10:45 am will get any more fans there anyway.

Trust me--when South Webster won the state in basketball--their semifinal game was one of the two early games on Thursday and the finals game was about 10 am on Saturday. I was on the road by 7 am each day to make the games. (I watched both semi-final games for DIV that year)

Like with other sports, which division is played in which time slot rotates each year (though I think Division I always gets the primo slot). This year, Division III is in the third slot which gets them the two early Friday games and the third slot on Saturday-for BOTH basketball and baseball.

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Here is a story about Badin's win in the regional championship.

Badin tops defending champs

FAIRBORN — Nate Hubbard hit the ball so hard you could practically hear it scream. But when the ball was snagged by a leaping infielder for the third out in the sixth inning the Rams began to have a sinking feeling. Maybe this wasn't their day.

But it was.

Badin's baseball team regrouped to tie the game with two runs in the bottom of the seventh and then beat the Heath Bulldogs 4-3 when Hubbard scored on a wild pitch in the eighth to capture the Division III regional championship Friday, May 30, at Wright State University's Nischwitz Stadium.

The Rams' 19th straight victory, which also featured a game-tying single by Tony Cassano and dominant relief pitching by Brett McKinney, sends them to the state final four in Columbus, where they will face Wheelersburg in the semifinals at Cooper Stadium on Friday, June 6.

Badin (25-6) was trailing Heath, the defending state champion, 3-1 when Hubbard's line drive was caught on a perfectly-timed jump by Heath second baseman Ryan Binning.

"That's when everybody started getting down," Hubbard said. "We hit the ball hard right at 'em all day."

Still, Heath starter Steve Kidwell had allowed only two hits and one unearned run through six innings.

"What you have to do as a team is keep battling," Badin coach Rick Kunkel said.

In the seventh the Rams showed just how hard they could battle.

"It was just unbelievable," Cassano said. "In the seventh inning our guys came together."

Dan Berens drew a walk, Corey Van Natta singled, and with a 2-0 count on Nate Jackson, Kidwell was relieved by Alex VanDine. Jackson singled in a run and Cassano hit a liner to left field to tie the score.

McKinney, making his second appearance in as many days, struck out both batters he faced when he was brought into the game in the top of the seventh with two runners on base. He set the Bulldogs down 1-2-3 in the eighth.

"When they brought the big boy in, all bets were off," Heath coach Dave Klontz said. "He's a man. He throws the ball by people."

Hubbard, who had driven in Badin's first run with a fourth-inning hit, led off the bottom of the eighth with his second single and was sacrificed to second by Scott Staarmann. Then the control of Heath's pitchers came unhinged.

Berens and Van Natta walked to load the bases. Trey Matthews relieved Kidwell, who had returned to the mound, and threw a pitch to Jackson which bounced past catcher Kevin Sharrock, allowing Hubbard to score the winning run.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

They havent lost a game since April 18.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

hate that for them!!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

GO BURG!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Good luck on Friday!! Bring home another " W "

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

If Wheelersburg wins this game they'll win the state, as these teams from the Cincinnati area are the best in the state. Did you know the Greater Cincinnati area is the breeding ground for the most professional athletes in baseball?

Return to “Baseball”