Home Run leaders???

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Home Run leaders???

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Someone started this same topic last season so i figured id start it this season... lol

If you know anyone who has hit any post them here...

g w mclintock
All State

Re: Home Run leaders???

Post by g w mclintock »

Wes Riffle from Southern hit a two run shot against Federal Hocking on Thursday but I don't know how many he has on the year.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Jimmy Mays from Piketon hit a solo shot agianst VC.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Nathan Heiss hit one for Warren Local in the opener.

MONEY
Riding the Bench

Post by MONEY »

Josh Pancake, of Ironton, has at least two, a grand slam against Coal Grove, and one against Portsmouth.

BOHICA
All Conference

Post by BOHICA »

Roger Ramey from Coal Grove had one against Ironton

nemo
Waterboy

Post by nemo »

Corey Hutton from Meigs had one against Ripley.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

Jared Farmer from Minford hit a 3-run shot the other day.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Wes Bouillion of Unioto
1st at bat on the season 3 run HR
2nd at bat on the season a triple.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

W'Burg in 3 games.

Wamsley 2
Lyons 1
Hopper 1
White 1
Cook 1
S. Hall 1

red ninja
Waterboy

Post by red ninja »

Wheelersburg should be the leading team in home runs with the field they play on. I'm pretty sure i have seen tee ball fields with deeper fences. I'm not bashing the players, they still have to hit the ball, but its not like they are hitting bombs or anything.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

red ninja wrote:Wheelersburg should be the leading team in home runs with the field they play on. I'm pretty sure i have seen tee ball fields with deeper fences. I'm not bashing the players, they still have to hit the ball, but its not like they are hitting bombs or anything.

How do you know these HR's weren't bombs? Were you at the game?

I do know that 2 of these HR's would have been over the Red Monster at Minford. :122249

Topic is Home Run Leaders :122245 Not Home Run Leaders playing on 350'+ fields. A HR is a HR even on a 200' fence. You are correct in the players still have to hit the ball.

A bit of trivia. How many HR's are hit at this field by visiting teams? NOT TOO MANY!

oldschooler
Waterboy

Post by oldschooler »

I am reading this and laughing as last season I overheard a burg parent telling someone that they were counting their son's hits at other fields homeruns, as they would have been homerun's at Burg's field. So a hit at another team's field, is counted as a HR when Burg plays away. So a HR is not really a HR after all. It can be a double or triple, heck even a single at an away field. Burg should play all of their games away, then they would lead in HR's. This just struck me as funny and couldn't help but comment on it. I had forgotten I heard this parent say it until I just read this post. To the players, a HR is one that is hit over the fence, no matter how short or long the fence is. Has been played like that for years.

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Wheelersburg's Pirate Field down the lines is about 310ft w/ the farthest point in LC at 345ft.
There are other fields in the area, Minford & Portsmouth that have the same farthest point while South Webster, Oak Hill (Ironton now) are shorter than the Burg.

New York's Yankee Stadium in left field is 318ft and right field being 314ft.

From time to time, there may be a HR hit that wouldn't be at other parks, but I guarantee you that most in this lineup can leave any park they play in.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Catch24 wrote:Wheelersburg's Pirate Field down the lines is about 310ft w/ the farthest point in LC at 345ft.
There are other fields in the area, Minford & Portsmouth that have the same farthest point while South Webster, Oak Hill (Ironton now) are shorter than the Burg.

New York's Yankee Stadium in left field is 318ft and right field being 314ft.

From time to time, there may be a HR hit that wouldn't be at other parks, but I guarantee you that most in this lineup can leave any park they play in.

Well said Catch24 :-D

red ninja
Waterboy

Post by red ninja »

Im not sure about some of the other fields, but i do know that minford's field is 360 at the farthest point, not 345, and the shortest point is 330 to right. And as i have gone to many minford games in the past few years, i cant say that i remember burg hitting many out at minford, while they have hit several at burg. This could be due to the pitching and what not but i have seen routine pop-ups go out at burg. The pirates hit the ball very well, no doubt, but they would have a few less with a home field like minford's. I guess you can't really compare the two in that aspect though.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Minfords left field has gotta be longer than right field... i think thats how i remember it...

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Yes pitching is a huge factor. Minford's field is larger than Burg's and with the 10'-20' Red Monster 335 becomes more like 360 to CF and 380 to LCF. A HR to LCF at Minford is a shot to say the least.

We can speculate all we want, but the bottom line is a ball hit over the fence is scored a HR.

I'll get back on topic now.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

wheelersburg players can't help their field is short. That's the field the players inherited.

free safety
Riding the Bench

Post by free safety »

Burg can add 3 more dingers Cook, Wamsley 2 including walk off against Waverly

Return to “Baseball”