OVC

bbn77
All Conference

Re: OVC

Post by bbn77 »

Chesapeake 7, Fairland 7. FINAL
Panthers score three runs with two outs in the 7th inning to tie Fairland, then the game was called due to darkness. Game will not be continued because it is a non-league game.

ROLL PEAKE
Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Kinda seems like a waste of a night to not get an official result. Teams should find a time to finish up the game. Could be big come tournament draw time.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I agree rufus. everybody just needs to go in and get lights for their stadiums. this new league will offset the costs because there will be bigger crowds in all sports because of the new formation of the league.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Agree with both of you. As far as I know, Chesapeake, Ironton, and maybe Coal Grove don't have lights on their field

ROLL PEAKE
Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I'm not saying every team needs to install lights, but it's just a shame that both teams worked so hard last night for basically nothing. Sure they got reps in and learned some things, but it won't show in the standings. How far are these two teams apart? They can't get together for an inning one Saturday or on a common off day? That's a bummer.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Rufus wrote:I'm not saying every team needs to install lights, but it's just a shame that both teams worked so hard last night for basically nothing. Sure they got reps in and learned some things, but it won't show in the standings. How far are these two teams apart? They can't get together for an inning one Saturday or on a common off day? That's a bummer.
They're rivals and less than 10 minutes apart. They'll play two more times this year in conference games. It is a shame it won't be finished, there was a large crowd and they were into it last night, one on the best games I've seen in the past couple years.

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

At the same time, I see why the coaches decided not to finish. Like I posted earlier, the two only played this game because Rock Hill canceled their wood bat tourney, leaving Peake and Fairland with 6 days between games. So as far as I can guess, the two played to stay fresh and get game experience. But like you said Rufus, would be great to see a winner when Chesapeake had all the momentum

ROLL PEAKE
mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

This is an easy fix....Most games don't last 3 hours like this game did..... Let them play after their next OVC matchup between themselves...Start the 8th inning and play till no light or u have a winner.....If it gets dark and no winner do it their next meeting...If a Coach really wants to get this done it's an easy fix.....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

true nuff wonderful.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

Rock Hill 10
River Valley 4

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

OVC matchup tonight.

South Point @ Chesapeake.

The last time these two met was Sectional Final last year where the Panthers needed 13 innings to fend off the Pointers. This game should be a high scoring one

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Chesapeake 10
South Point 7

High scoring as expected. South Point plates 6 in the first inning, then Chesapeake scored the next 10 runs. South Point chipped away a run to set the final score. Chesapeake improves to 1-1 (1-0 OVC)
Last edited by bbn77 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ROLL PEAKE
nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

No such thing as a tie in Ohio HS baseball. Stats count though.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I had a feeling someone would known for sure. Lol, thanks for clarifying.

ROLL PEAKE
sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Rock Hill knocked off Coal Grove tonight to get to 4-0. Think the score was 4-1.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Sportsfan who are Rock Hills wins? Just wondering. Big turnaround for them after being winless last year

ROLL PEAKE
sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Two over Green, one over River Valley, and tonight at Coal Grove. All road games too as the outfield is not finished being resodded to go along with the turf infield.

I think they won 3 last year so either way they have already eclipsed last years total. Rutherford also pitched for CG tonight which makes it a little more impressive.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I could be wrong but I thought they had zero wins at the tournament draw last year. Solid start for the Hill. Chesapeake is supposed to play at Rock Hill Monday, hope the field is ready. I've seen pics of the new field and I can't wait to see it in person.

ROLL PEAKE
bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

I just looked at last years bracket and Rock Hill was 0-9 it says. Probably some games that weren't reported

ROLL PEAKE
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

anyone have a result from Portsmouths opener vs Olentangy Orange on 3/26 ? thax in advance

Return to “Baseball”