SEOAL 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: SEOAL 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

I have seen Logan play for many years. Until they prove they are for real no one will take them serious. My sons team went 12-0 against them at the varsity level and no losses in Legion ball either. Logan has shown no pride in their baseball program and had the worst field to play ball on except for Waterford High school. Going to watch a baseball game at Logan was like going to the dentist, the entire atmosphere brought everyone down.
I wish them the best but until they show something it is just talk.

morrissette#18
Riding the Bench

Post by morrissette#18 »

I don't know much about this league, but I have to agree that portsmouth has the best pitchers in meyers and coakley. I played legion with them and know that they are very experienced for only being juniors. A ton of talent. And they can also back it up at the plate and in defense. Even when they are having trouble hitting the ball hard, they have the speed to take care of weak groundballs.

Warriorfan08
Waterboy

Post by Warriorfan08 »

I Like Portsmouth to win League this year.

Warren has 2 quality pitchers returning who will also have to carry the load of the offense. But they have a lot of questions and a lot of shoes to fill. Hopefully some of the inexperienced sophomores and juniors can step up and fill in. They should be good enough to compete for the North division.

Go Blue!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:I have seen Logan play for many years. Until they prove they are for real no one will take them serious. My sons team went 12-0 against them at the varsity level and no losses in Legion ball either. Logan has shown no pride in their baseball program and had the worst field to play ball on except for Waterford High school. Going to watch a baseball game at Logan was like going to the dentist, the entire atmosphere brought everyone down.
I wish them the best but until they show something it is just talk.

Yes Logan will have a new field, but the pride and effort for baseball is nowhere to be found!

How many days till football start!

3morethan2
Varsity

Post by 3morethan2 »

yea logan might return some of their starters but they didnt win one game last year....that is hard to do win the league a year after going win less not saying its impossible but it is doubtful they might want to worry about just getting better every game and trying to go for .500

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Ihear Gallia might have a new player for baseball,or maybe a new old player.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Someone moving back?

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

we shall see.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

chilltown wrote: Teams tend to underachieve under Coach , hopefully it can change this year.

Hard to imagine going undefeated in the SEOAL last year and saying this

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Cutekid wrote:
chilltown wrote: Teams tend to underachieve under Coach , hopefully it can change this year.

Hard to imagine going undefeated in the SEOAL last year and saying this

WOW!! Some one has some high expectations win the league and make a little run in the tourney. Can't win the state every year!

warrior2012
Freshman Team

Post by warrior2012 »

BigTime wrote:
tigersfan88 wrote:Warren will be the team to beat. With a strong 1-2 on the mound and a lot of young talent with legion experience they have to be considered the preseason favorites. And marietta should be right there with them. Marietta's success will really hinge on if brooker can get back to his success from his sophomore year. With him at the top of his game they would have the best 1-2 pitchers in the league with brooker and weppler.

Not so fast on the best 1-2 punch on the mound. Portsmouth will probably have the best 1-2 punch in Josh Myers and Alex Coakley both Jrs. Both played in the State Legion Tourney last year when they were Sophs. Portsmouth will be the team to beat this year with all 9 starters being only Jr's. Legendary Coach (John Tipton) from the 70's, 80's, and early 90's returns this year and leads this team to a Championship. GO TROJANS.

no.
warren will be the team to beat.

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

Marietta will be at a loss with Lance Weppler not playing due to shoulder surgery. And with their presumed #3 pitcher, Brian Miller, not playing, things don't really look too good.

baseballfieldoh
Waterboy

Post by baseballfieldoh »

dennisdrinksbud wrote:Marietta will be at a loss with Lance Weppler not playing due to shoulder surgery. And with their presumed #3 pitcher, Brian Miller, not playing, things don't really look too good.

Marietta has a new player that has been throwing all winter and is looking really good. May suprise a few people.

PraeterSig
Waterboy

Post by PraeterSig »

I've noticed only one user has even mentioned Jackson in competition for league. I'm not sure if any of you noticed but they started 0-7 last year and finished 9-11. They were a young team to be sure last year, but with 7 returning starters plus a pitcher like Mr. Wandeling transfering how can it not be said Jackson not being a strong contender? Someone might want to take notice that Jackson should be fielding 10 seniors this year let alone 2 juniors who were regular starters last year

blacksheep
Riding the Bench

Post by blacksheep »

Jackson will be very strong at all poss.this year....Good luck to the coaches and players!!!

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

baseballfieldoh wrote:
Marietta has a new player that has been throwing all winter and is looking really good. May suprise a few people.

No they don't

But personally I think Gallia will win the SEOAL this year. This sounds bad, but high school baseball success is based 85% on your practice complex, and Gallia got just that this year.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Portsmouth is a team to beat

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Are they even playing for a true league championship this season with a home and home vs. every team in the SEOAL? How about even one game against every other team? That would be better than the play within your own group three times and nonce against any teams of the other group.

BLUEDEVILFAN6
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEDEVILFAN6 »

GALLIA ACADEMY PROGRAM HAS THE ENTHUSIASM IT TAKES TO BREED SUCCESS. PLUS THEY HAVE TALENT BOTH RETURNING AND UPCOMING. THESE INGREDIENTS ADD NOT ONLY TO A SUCCESFUL 2010 CAMPAIGN BUT A SUCCESSFUL ONGOING PROGRAM.

THE INDOOR FACILITY HAS HELPED JUMPSTART THE PROGRAM, THE COACHES ARE ELECTRIFIED & THE NEW COMPLEX IS GOING TO BE TRULY GREAT -- THE RESULTS ARE ALREADY SHOWING WITH THE LOWER GRADES GETTING INTERESTED IN THE PROGRAM. LOOK OUT FOR GALLIA....

mtiger24
Waterboy

Post by mtiger24 »

Enlighten us baseballfieldoh, who is this new player from marietta?

Return to “Baseball”