Marietta vs. Waverly at Unioto - District Final

Tigerfan31
Riding the Bench

Re: Marietta vs. Waverly at Unioto - District Final

Post by Tigerfan31 »

Thanks Tigers24 but I have a commitment to go to the reds game tonight. I would rather watch the Tigers.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Good Luck Waverly from the Burg!

cooperstown
Riding the Bench

Post by cooperstown »

From all of us at the Piketon Redstreaks - Go TIGERS ..

Tigerfan31
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigerfan31 »

Thanks Buldog they will need all the support they can get.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Good luck Waverly from Eagle country!!

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

soccerfix ... Just giving myself some wiggle room there. ;-)

M-Tigers.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly down 10-3 after 4 and half innings. The Tigers couldn't get a break and also committed 9 errors over the course of the game. Seemingly everything that could go wrong went wrong.

Waverly comes up in the 5th and scores 6 times. The Tigers tie the game 10-10 in the sixth and force extra innings. Teeters comes in the extra innings and does a heck of a job shutting down Marietta.

Final score 11-10 Waverly in 9 innings. One of the craziest baseball games I've ever witnessed.

Congrats to Coach Noble and the Waverly Tigers.......District Champs!

Marietta has a nice team hit the cover off the ball.

reece40
Waterboy

Post by reece40 »

WAVERLY NEVER GAVE UP, CONGRATS TO ALL ON THE WAVERLY TEAM GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK VS CAMBRIDGE WHO WON 5-1

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Great job Waverly... Keep on rollin!

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

WOW!!!! Things are really going right in the SOC this year with oak hill now this! Way to keep fighting, let people know their are some great athletes in Southern ohio!!! Great Win!! Congrats to Marietta on another fine season :!: :!:

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Great job Waverly!

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Well said toast, one of the craziest games I have ever witnessed.

Waverly did not look good at all starting the game out, as toast said committing 9 errors and a couple bad hops.
Tyler Halterman coming off the bench with a bases clearing pinch hit double was the play of the game, followed by a solid performance by Teeters shutting down Marietta in the 2 extra innings. Overall a TEAM effort, congratulations Waverly!

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Good game to watch...As I thought it would be...But I never though it would have been that high scoring or that Waverly would have gotten buried early on.Seems Marietta had a baserunner and a scoring chance every inning.But as it often goes in baseball a play hear or a play there thats not made ends up costing you.Waverly was lucky to overcome the errors to win the game.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

That may very well be the best HS baseball game I ever seenin terms of excitement and drama.
Waverly looked very jittery and shaky early with all the errors. But Waverly didn't hang their heads. Down 7 runs, a lot of teams would've folded it up, gone home, got mercy -ruled and called it a good season with a district runner-up trophy
Halterman's hit was so clutch. Teeters came in and pitched two innings of shut out ball after throwing against Valley last night.
Did anybody see Roback coming around second to third in the 9th I so though he was going to run right through Noble's stop sign, but he didn't and scored on Martin's ground ball to end an amazing game.
Now let me say this. Marietta has one hell of a baseball team, they killed the ball and played great defense. Taking nothing away from those Tigers, they played a great game.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

G&B from huddle wrote:That may very well be the best HS baseball game I ever seenin terms of excitement and drama.
Waverly looked very jittery and shaky early with all the errors. But Waverly didn't hang their heads. Down 7 runs, a lot of teams would've folded it up, gone home, got mercy -ruled and called it a good season with a district runner-up trophy
Halterman's hit was so clutch. Teeters came in and pitched two innings of shut out ball after throwing against Valley last night.
Did anybody see Roback coming around second to third in the 9th I so though he was going to run right through Noble's stop sign, but he didn't and scored on Martin's ground ball to end an amazing game.
Now let me say this. Marietta has one hell of a baseball team, they killed the ball and played great defense. Taking nothing away from those Tigers, they played a great game.

Could not have said it better myself G&B.

CANNIBAL
All Conference

Post by CANNIBAL »

congrats on the big win waverly!!! :-D

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

Waverly's bats are still on fire. They have been hitting the ball really well throughout the tournament. Howard has been on fire here lately, idk where it came from, but its the right time to be getting hot.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Tough loss for Marietta, they really started playing ball down the stretch. Look forward to watching some of them play for Beverly/Lowell.

Return to “Baseball”