OVC

sportsfan11
Waterboy

Re: OVC

Post by sportsfan11 »

I agree, I think it will be a competitive league this season. Does anyone know who the best hitters are?

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

I'm going to agree with sportsfan on this one, the lefty from Coal Grove is a bit overpowering, not sure of exact velocity (i heard low to mid 80's), but I do know he is a very solid pitcher, will probably be the ACE of the OVC.

Championship
JV Team

Post by Championship »

I would agree with the earlier posts that there isn't really a top flight pitcher in the OVC this season. Note I do not have knowledge on Gallia as of yet. Rudy is a solid pitcher for Coal Grove, high baseball IQ, left handed and can mix his pitches well. Damron from Fairland I believe is solid as well, throws hard and more likely than not hits his spots. DeLotell(SP?) from Portsmouth is solid on the bump as well, he mixes speeds really well. Wade from South Point is solid, throws fairly hard, mixes pitches and hits spots. Carrico from Ironton throws hard and keeps the ball down in the zone which is always a recipe for a good outing. I believe each team has a so called "ace" but on any given day they can be beaten. The OVC race will come down to pitching depth, one guy can't win 3 games in 5 days as the OVC is set up. That being said I believe the teams that can put runs on the board have a good chance to win the OVC due to the lack of dominance on the mound. It will be very interesting to see how it shapes up, I'm not going to make a prediction simply because I do not know anything about Gallia. I suspect CG,SP,Fair,Ports,Ironton, Gallia to all be in the hunt though. If Peake can find some pitching they could as well. I believe they will hit well but they lost 95% of their pitching. Rock Hill again will struggle but they have talent on the horizon, their freshman will gain some experience this year and take some lumps but it will pay off in a couple years I believe. My lone prediction is the winner of the conference will lose 2 or more conference games.

hilljack
Freshman Team

Post by hilljack »

I don't know that Rock Hill will struggle as much as you think, if they can get offensive they may surprise people. They should have a little depth in pitching, as much as anybody else anyway with 3 solid starters, the question is will they put runs up. I think the league will beat itself up and will be fun watch. Its a toss up for everybody right now.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

From what I'm hearing Gallia going to be the team to beat.

You can't handle the truth
Firebreather
Freshman Team

Post by Firebreather »

No question gametime. They are the class of the league with Coal Grove a close second.

mrwonderful
Varsity

Post by mrwonderful »

If Coal Grove is a close 2nd to Galli , that tells me there's about 4 other OVC teams in the hunt for the championship...

buckeye_25705
Waterboy

Post by buckeye_25705 »

should be a fun year of baseball. peake lost alot to graduation not only there pitchers but there whole infield , coal grove will have one pitcher who is very hittable. fairland will have along season along with roch hill. ironton, portsmouth and south point will be at the top as far as gallia goes they better be ready ovc baseball is not an easy task, anyone can beat you on any given night with that i think at the end it will look like this

1 south point
2 ironton
3 portsmouth
4 gallia
5 coal grove
6 chesapeake
7 fairland
8 rock hill

timberridgelake
Waterboy

Post by timberridgelake »

Here's the way I see it
1. Ironton---- Good pitching, good hitting, average defense.....well Coached
2.Portsmouth- average pitching, good hitting, average defense.....new Coach
3. SP----Average but deep in pitching, fair hitting, average defense........ average Coach
4. Coal Grove---average pitching, fair hitting, average defense---well coached
5.fairland---average pitching, fair hitting, fair defense...well coached
6.Chesapeake---weak pitching, average hitting, fair defense----well coached
7.Rock Hill---Some pitching, weak hitting, weak defense---- Average Coach
* Galli Academy----- New member......Were not added to my prediction due to no knowledge of their strength.. What I'm hearing is their the team to beat.....My thinking on this is they will most likely go after the Seoal Championship over the OVC and not be in the top 2.....Have to see how the season plays out....Another scenario is Gallia Academy knowing the SEOAL has bigger schools like DIV ll Jackson who is very good, may decide to concentrate more on winning the OVC... Time and how things play out in each conference, and how good they are will determine Galli Academy's strategy......

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

FB_IMG_1457526710734.jpg
FB_IMG_1457526710734.jpg (76.69 KiB) Viewed 4476 times

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

FB_IMG_1457394521269.jpg
FB_IMG_1457394521269.jpg (105.01 KiB) Viewed 4476 times

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Just a couple pictures of the the turf being put down on Rock Hills baseball field

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

gametime wrote:Just a couple pictures of the the turf being put down on Rock Hills baseball field
Looks fantastic!!

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Beautiful field. Already the nicest ballpark in the OVC. Players will love the true hops on this turf

ROLL PEAKE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

nice.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Wow, really nice. 8-)

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Nice

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Looks very nice

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

where exactly is the baseball field. on the hill where the little league fields were. or on the hill overlooking the football stadium next to the practice field.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wasn't quite sure.

Return to “Baseball”