Senators 2012

West6
Waterboy

Senators 2012

Post by West6 »

Any thought's on how the team will do this year ?

EasternDscout
Riding the Bench

Re: Senators 2012

Post by EasternDscout »

Hopefully they will improve upon last year.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

I don't see them doing much especially since the graduation of Anthony Knittel. In my opinion he was the best player in SOC last year and it will be hard to improve much without him.

West6
Waterboy

Post by West6 »

They have almost all there team back, I think they will be one of the top teams in the soc.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

West will have a very good team. Chris does a nice job with the kids out there. Knittels graduation will hurt but the west side cupboards are not close to being bare

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

EasternDscout wrote:Hopefully they will improve upon last year.
Obviously you dont know much bout West baseball?

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

fan_of_swankerpine wrote:I don't see them doing much especially since the graduation of Anthony Knittel. In my opinion he was the best player in SOC last year and it will be hard to improve much without him.
He was by far the best player in the SOC, but he definitely wasn't the whole team. West practically returns everybody. There is no doubt that they will be a top team in the SOC.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

WildWestSider wrote:
fan_of_swankerpine wrote:I don't see them doing much especially since the graduation of Anthony Knittel. In my opinion he was the best player in SOC last year and it will be hard to improve much without him.
He was by far the best player in the SOC, but he definitely wasn't the whole team. West practically returns everybody. There is no doubt that they will be a top team in the SOC.
Maybe if finishing 5th counted as the top. Wheelersburg will win and Waverly and Valley will be solid as usual for the 2 and 3 spots. Minford will be 4th. They don't have the standout player's like Oesch or Farmer anymore but they know how to play and they can compete. Coming in 5th will be West. 6th belongs to Northwest. 7th Oak Hill. 8th South Webster.

West6
Waterboy

Post by West6 »

I think that west did beat burg and valley last year and they beat minford 2 times.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

fan_of_swankerpine wrote:
WildWestSider wrote:
Maybe if finishing 5th counted as the top. Wheelersburg will win and Waverly and Valley will be solid as usual for the 2 and 3 spots. Minford will be 4th. They don't have the standout player's like Oesch or Farmer anymore but they know how to play and they can compete. Coming in 5th will be West. 6th belongs to Northwest. 7th Oak Hill. 8th South Webster.
I will definitely take you up on that bet. Not saying first but definitely not 5th.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

It's not a bet, it's the future.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

fan_of_swankerpine wrote:It's not a bet, it's the future.
Whoops excuse me Mr. Fortune teller.

SOCMAN05
Freshman Team

Post by SOCMAN05 »

F O Swank better stick to basketball predictions cause you definitley dont know the talent that West will bring this year , Look for West , Burg , Valley to battle at the top and that is in no certain order !

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

wheelersburg at the top....west 5th. webster looking up from the bottom

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

SOCMAN05 wrote:F O Swank better stick to basketball predictions cause you definitley dont know the talent that West will bring this year , Look for West , Burg , Valley to battle at the top and that is in no certain order !
I know far more about SOC baseball than you think. West might have the ability to compete at the top, but they can't do that until they play as a team. As an opponent and as a spectator, I've seen them throw games away because they get caught up with competing against theirselves rather than beating the other team on the field. That's not my opinion, it's a fact.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

SOCMAN05 wrote:F O Swank better stick to basketball predictions cause you definitley dont know the talent that West will bring this year , Look for West , Burg , Valley to battle at the top and that is in no certain order !
I know far more about SOC baseball than you think. West might have the ability to compete at the top, but they can't do that until they play as a team. As an opponent and as a spectator, I've seen them throw games away because they get caught up with competing against theirselves rather than beating the other team on the field. That's not my opinion, it's a fact.
If that is a fact, then here's another fact. After reading all your posts in every sport, its obvious you have a problem with the Westside. I don't know what your problem is maybe they whooped up on you against your high school team or what but it is not fair to judge this team the way you do. Saying they compete against each other? That is completely idiotic and shows your lack of knowledge about this team. Maybe a west team acted like that in the past, but you can't judge this team like that without being part of the community and watching every game. So stop making dumb, opiniaded, jealousy driven statements and grow up.That, is also a fact.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I can vouch and say this fan knows baseball like he knows chicken wings. He's got the hardware to prove it.

(I'm leaving now lol)

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Swanker Pine wrote:I can vouch and say this fan knows baseball like he knows chicken wings. He's got the hardware to prove it.

(I'm leaving now lol)
Thank you. Now step aside while I make someone look dumb.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

WildWestSider wrote:
If that is a fact, then here's another fact. After reading all your posts in every sport, its obvious you have a problem with the Westside. I don't know what your problem is maybe they whooped up on you against your high school team or what but it is not fair to judge this team the way you do. Saying they compete against each other? That is completely idiotic and shows your lack of knowledge about this team. Maybe a west team acted like that in the past, but you can't judge this team like that without being part of the community and watching every game. So stop making dumb, opiniaded, jealousy driven statements and grow up.That, is also a fact.
I would like to begin by saying that I have no problem with them. I have a problem with every team that isn't South Webster(who I placed in last on my prediction). They never whooped up on me or my team. In fact, in my 4 years of varsity baseball my team and I went 7-1 against them in which the only loss came by 1 run at West. And I thank them for making my stats look so good. They do compete against themselves. That has always been the major downfall of West baseball. As for my lack of knowledge about this team, I know many of the players personally. I know their ability and their attitude. So I will continue to make my, as you said, "opiniaded" statements. This is a site made for the public's input and opinions.

WildWestSider
Waterboy

Post by WildWestSider »

/quote]
I would like to begin by saying that I have no problem with them. I have a problem with every team that isn't South Webster(who I placed in last on my prediction). They never whooped up on me or my team. In fact, in my 4 years of varsity baseball my team and I went 7-1 against them in which the only loss came by 1 run at West. And I thank them for making my stats look so good. They do compete against themselves. That has always been the major downfall of West baseball. As for my lack of knowledge about this team, I know many of the players personally. I know their ability and their attitude. So I will continue to make my, as you said, "opiniaded" statements. This is a site made for the public's input and opinions.[/quote]

I'm not gonna say West hasn't had teams in the past from all sports that didn't have attitude problems or maybe even compete against each other as you say. But that is the past and you can't compare that with how they are now. I personally know every kid on that team and I can honestly say there is not one single act of jealousy in that dugout and no body cares how they win, as long as they win. No matter where you go or what happens west has, and unfortunately always will have a stereotype because of people like you. Your probably the fan I witnessed at Webster last year holler, "Put it in his ear hole next time he gets up to the plate" towards there pitcher as they watched Anthony Knittel trot the bases after his second homer of the game.

Return to “Baseball”