2009 TVC baseball

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: 2009 TVC baseball

Post by JoeGatto »

From what I've seen lately (this off season) it looks like Coach Grimm and others have been doing some work on the field (paricularly the outfield). So maybe your concerns with the outfield are being addressed baseballstud24. Our church meets in the Meigs Middle School building which overlooks the baseball field and I get a chance to check out the field when driving through the parking lot. You're right redeagle...that field has come a long way. Heck I remember not to awfully long ago the infield was all dirt.

CHFan
Waterboy

Post by CHFan »

I know Nelsonville-York won't scare anybody this year in the Ohio, but last year things started to turn around for the Buckeyes. Only lost a couple of seniors from last year's squad. If the NY Nine stay focused, things could be different this year.

I like Meigs' field as well with the exception of the short fences. I've seen routine fly balls hit out and not just by the home team!!!

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

CHFan wrote
Post subject: Re: 2009 TVC baseball

I like Meigs' field as well with the exception of the short fences. I've seen routine fly balls hit out and not just by the home team!!!

I'm not so sure it has a short fence, it's just that it sits up on top of that hill. The field gets alot of wind that normal fields don't get.

Dimensions:
LF-320
LC-345
CF-360
RC-380
RF-315

So it's normal in distance with most fields around this area with a deep RC. Just alot of wind effect!

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

redeagle....definitely agree with you that the addition of Athens will only make the TVC stronger in baseball. They'll be a contender right from their inaugural season in the TVC.

SeoBasketballFan
Waterboy

Post by SeoBasketballFan »

Number One Donkey is a idiot we all know that nelsonville is the favorite in baseball...the only good player on the meigs squad is Ryan Jeffers lol JUST KIDDING!

THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H
Riding the Bench

Post by THROW-YA-O'S-UP!O-H »

Coach Grimm is a great coach and it shows year in and year out with all the championships!

Those kids work really hard they are always in the weight room and in the hitting cage working their butts off! They also have a group of kids that help Jeremy on that field after school, they are the reason that field looks so nice, it's the coaches and players putting their hard work into the field.

Good Luck on the 3 peat!

Frozen Rope,
I think some of the money is going to go towards the baseball feild. I know it is being moved over some to make room for the away bleachers. Which could take care of the left field problem?

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Belpre will hold their own this year. They have 7 of 9 starters coming back. Look for Belpre to win the TVC OHIO

bhseaglex12
Riding the Bench

Post by bhseaglex12 »

i agree, along with belpre's 7 returning starters, there is a pretty talented freshmen class coming up to play this year. should be an exciting season.

yellowjacket
Freshman Team

Post by yellowjacket »

meigs also has some freshmen comig up that should see alot playing time if not start.i know that two of the freshmen could start at catcher and a couple could play infield and all can hit.

threesportathlete09
Riding the Bench

Post by threesportathlete09 »

vinton county looks to be alot better than last year. they only lost one senior and now everyone has a year of varsity baseball under their belt. they will be lead by senior outfielders anthony bentley and brandon clark as well as a couple of senior catchers/DHs taking turns. they will be very stong on the mound as well with a variety of different looks. they are a very fast team but not alot of power, but with the right wind can make so balls fly.lol

baseballmeigs
Waterboy

Post by baseballmeigs »

Meigs is strong this year and I hope we go all the way. It dont take 1 person but i tell you what Delong is a beast. Meigs Program have many talented kids throughout school.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

trimble will be a good team! dont over look us.

eastern 2
Waterboy

Post by eastern 2 »

Look for the big three to be on top the hocking...southern fed and eastern...the leaders at southern, holter, ash, whittington, and brown will keep them compteitive. Eastern has pierce, griffin, lynch?, to keep them right there. Then fed has thompson along with a talented team.

OBAMA NATION
Waterboy

Post by OBAMA NATION »

im calling a 3 peat for meigs in the ohio. year in and year out they show extreme talent and tremendous effort. coach grimm really has these boys working hard all year round. keep up the hard work boys and good luck this season from an old friend

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

I to look for Meigs to win the 3rd.loss of Dunfee a question mark,IMO Delong was the better pitcher but more valuable to team else where,may be different this year.

bballnut
Riding the Bench

Post by bballnut »

one word fellas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TTTTTrrrrrimble!!!!
Trimble Trimble

Heard coach Faires has some tricks up his sleeve. :122246

s&w 7
Riding the Bench

Post by s&w 7 »

Trimble should be better than they have the past few years but they still wont be able to over take fed, eastern, and southern. Im not saying that they may pull an upset over one of these teams but trimble is looking at a 4th place finish in the hocking!

MaraudingBobcat
Waterboy

Post by MaraudingBobcat »

bluetraveler wrote:I to look for Meigs to win the 3rd.loss of Dunfee a question mark,IMO Delong was the better pitcher but more valuable to team else where,may be different this year.

I agree with you bluetraveler for Meigs to pull off the 3peat but I gotta say Dunfee WILL be missed. Delong is a fantastic baseball player and I'm not taking a thing away from him but Dunfee was solid each and every outing. There is no hot and cold with him...he was always consistant and his placement on the Shawnee State Roster is proof of his abilities.

Return to “Baseball”