Burg vs. Hamilton Badin

InTheStands
Waterboy

Re: Burg vs. Hamilton Badin

Post by InTheStands »

At this level it is one game at a time. Each win is something special and something that is a remarkable accomplishment and feeling. Going home is much easier a winner but no matter the outcome, we are proud of the Pirates and their great feat this season. Continue to make a name for yourselves and never back down!!

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Looking forward to a great state semi game. Burg, get the job done! One play at a time! One hit at a time!

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

Derf_W wrote:If Wheelersburg wins this game they'll win the state, as these teams from the Cincinnati area are the best in the state. Did you know the Greater Cincinnati area is the breeding ground for the most professional athletes in baseball?

Not to get off topic here, but most of those players come from Moeller. According to the state record book, they've had more players drafted than the next three teams...combined. That is crazy.

Most Players Drafted by a Professional Team
1 30 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
2 10 Oregon Clay
3 9 Westerville North
4 8 Coldwater

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

does anyone know if these games will be telivised like they do for football and basketball? i hope it is on television.....party at my house!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

No

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

Bobcat Thunder wrote:
Derf_W wrote:If Wheelersburg wins this game they'll win the state, as these teams from the Cincinnati area are the best in the state. Did you know the Greater Cincinnati area is the breeding ground for the most professional athletes in baseball?

Not to get off topic here, but most of those players come from Moeller. According to the state record book, they've had more players drafted than the next three teams...combined. That is crazy.

Most Players Drafted by a Professional Team
1 30 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller
2 10 Oregon Clay
3 9 Westerville North
4 8 Coldwater

Take note of Coldwater in that group. I believe they are still in play on the other side of the bracket.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

bottom of the 3rd. 5-1 badin

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

top of 4. badin 5 burg 1

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Final

Badin 7
Burg 2

Burg had a few errors, 4 to be exact, that really came back to bite them. Badins pitcher set the Burg down 1,2,3 in the 1st inning and then back to back triples to lead off the inning for Badin along with I believe a double gave Badin a 2 run lead after one inning. Burg loaded the bases with one out and no hits in the 2nd but three straight strike outs set the Pirates down with no runs. That really hurt and I'm sure it really pumped up Badin. Badins pitcher actually had 4 SO's in the inning as White reached base after the catcher dropped a third strike but never threw down to first. Badin scored 3 more runs in the 2nd inning on a few hits and an error to go up 5-0 and the Pirates just couldn't get any breaks to get even. The right fielder for Badin made some awesome plays to take away sure extra base hits that really would have helped the Burgs cause. All in all though, the Pirates played a decent game, but Badin just got the timely hits they needed to get runs in and the Burg didn't, plus I don't think Badin had an error in the game.

To the seniors. Thanks to all of you. It has been a pleasure to watch you guys play for the past four years, whether it was baseball, football, basketball, or soccer you have had an excellent four year career at Wheelersburg and should be as proud of your accomplishments as the town is of you. I know some of you have had the pleasure of being on three Final 4 teams and that is something to be very proud of. A 29-2 record this year in baseball is a fine accomplishment as well.

To the underclassmen. You now know what it feels like to get to the Final 4 so strive next year to return and try to take it to the next level. You guys have the talent and the desire to be just as good as this years team if you knuckle down, listen to your coaches, and strive to be better.

Thanks to all of you, coaches and players, for an awesome season. I know it didn't end as you'd have liked it to with a state title, but once again a 29-2 record is a great accomplishment and nothing to hang your head down about. All of Wheelersburg, Scioto county, and southestern Ohio is proud of you guys for what you were able to achieve.

On a side note, anyone know if any of these Badin kids were on the LL World Series team from Hamilton a few years back?
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Tough to swallow a loss like that. Jordan had his stuff working he was throwing strikes and getting groundball and pop ups but we just couldn't feild the ball 6 errors that really it stings. The boys just couldn't produce runs when we had the chance and both pitchers from Badin were above average. Adam came in and pitched well. Good luck to all the seniors in all their plans for the future.
I've made alot of good friends throughout the years I will miss our days at the ball field. BG77, bengalsfan76, bama,buldog,sendem thanks for all your support for Brandan and Jordan over the years its meant alot, onward to the next level .
Last edited by burggrad82 on Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Great season Pirates :-D

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Congrats to the 'Burg on a great season!

I'm a youth coach at Chesapeake and have always respected the enthusiasm, dedication, and fan following of the Wheelersburg kids and community at large. My young son and I went up to the Badin-Wheelersburg game today and had a great time, although we too were saddened by the result. As a friend of one of your coaches, I've followed your boys from early in the season, and have been excited to see each successful step on your way to "The State". Even though our 'Peake boys were one of those steps.

Today, we couldn't have rooted for you any harder if you were wearing Panther purple. A rough start and some missed opportunities signaled the end of the season, but in a one and done format, it can happen to anyone. Just know, from an outside observer, you did yourselves proud and never gave up despite the early lows and high temps.

But man, what memories you will have! My son and I had never been to the State Tournament and I wanted him to see how dedication and commitment can be rewarded. I can only hope Chesapeake can continue to build a strong baseball program so that one day, my son may have a chance for such experiences. Who knows what 5 or 6 years could bring?

For now we will go back to Little League and perhaps we will see some Pirates come 9-10 All Star time. As I continue to coach him and others, know that what you have been able to do will serve as an example for what we all in Southern Ohio work to achieve.

Again, congrats on a great year!!

luvthegame
Riding the Bench

Post by luvthegame »

Pantherdad.....That was a very respectful post. I enjoy reading post like yours. I no longer live in Wheelersburg, but I miss the community and dedication from everyone. I try to give my kids the same ethics that were taught to me while being a Pirate. Great job Wheelersburg!!!!!

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Tough Day or the Pirates.

Badin was a very solid team with good pitching and man could the top 4 smoke the fastball. Take away the errors and the game is 3-2 or tied in the laste innings. I would not be suprised if Badin takes the state championhip today.

I would have never dreamed this Burg defense would have had 4-5 errors with they played in the regionals. Just goes to show how much difference a day or week makes. Talking to the players before the game they were excited and felt confident as they had great practices all week.

To the players, you guys played a solid game after the 2nd inning but the 5 runs were just too much to make up in a game of this caliber. Burg hit the Badin pitcher pretty well as he was clocked at 88 early then at 84 after being hit in the arm by a sharp groundball in the 3rd. Several well hit balls by Cook and Hopper tracked down by RF to record huge outs and kill much needed extra base hits.

To the seniors, it has been fun this season and we wish you luck in your future. You have made this a memorable experience for all of us and with the others on the team helped to give my son a chance of a lifetime. These memories will stay with him and us for our entire lives.

Here's to a great season. Once again thank you and good luck. You will be missed.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Canton Central Catholic shutout Badin in the state title game 8-0.

Wheelersburg had a great year in 2008.

Jumpshot
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumpshot »

Tough loss, Pirates, but hold your heads high. 2008 will go down as one of the all time best baseball teams at Burg. I am very proud of all of you and I enjoyed watching you play over the years. Good luck in everything you do in the future. You have certainly been held to high standards by all of your coaches and parents. May the players walking in the seniors' footsteps remember your example! Never give up, always keep working, and have faith in the one above, yourself, and each other.

Congrats on a fine season.

TAR HEEL FAN44
SE

Post by TAR HEEL FAN44 »

Congrats on a GREAT season Burg!

Catch24
JV Team

Post by Catch24 »

Thanks guys. The 2008 season was looked forward to by me as I knew this group had the pride, desire and ability to achieve what they did. This was a special group that no doubt will go down in Wheelersburg history as being one of the best teams to ever take the field. Im proud of each of them and proud to be part of it. 29-2 and a trip to the state tournament is an amazing acomplishment.

I can't say enough about the seniors of this team. This was just a great bunch of guys that worked hard at their game and wanted to get better. They had confidence in themselves and each other while being there for one another. I wish them all the best of luck in their future.

Guys coming back, be ready to make another run!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Pantherdad about made me cry! I liked that post.

Thank-you to the boys for all the great games over this year and the previous years. It has been terrific in all the sports. I feel blessed by the effort and character that I have witnessed and not just in sports. These seniors need to carry that over into the next phase of life while the underclassmen need to continue to build that here in both the classroom and on the field.

What a great bunch of kids!

Someone let me know if you schedule a celebration so I can have the discs ready on time. I need a least a 2-day notice but would love a week-plus notice. :) (I still have 900 pictures to edit from Friday.) Thanks!

drrabb@zoomnet.net
Last edited by drrabbit on Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Can't say enough about this years edition of the Pirate baseball team. They left it all on the field right down to the last out of the last game, so congrats to all of the players and coaches on a great season and playing with a respect and dedication to the game that in this day and age is hard to find.

To the 8 departing Seniors, thank you for all of the pleasure you have given this Pirate fan in watching you in whatever sport you chose to play over the last 4 years. Your leadership on and off the field is something that will be passed down to the underclassmen and hopefully it will rub off on them the examples you set on what it takes to win. You guys have carried the torch for 4 years and now it is time to pass it down to the next group coming up. Once again, thank you.

To the returning players. Come back next year, knowing what dedication it takes to get to state and strive to go one step further and bring home the gold trophy. Sure, you will hear how you guys lost to much and what players you lost to graduation will be hard to replace, well I think the saying I've heard said at the Burg is that the Pirates don't rebuild, they just reload. Alot of talent coming back on the varsity as well as the Junior varsity. Just remember this, don't let anyone tell you that you can't do what last years team did. Go out and prove all of the naysayers wrong, believe me, there will be many and show them what Pirate sports is all about. Looking forward to watching the '09 edition of the Pirates. Lot of potential there.

To pantherdad, probably one of the better post I have seen on here in a long time and thanks for all of the kind words. It is good to see Southern Ohio teams sticking together and rooting for each other instead of against each other when it comes tourney time. Hopefully you wore your Panther colors to the game, letting the boys know that other schools were there watching and supporting them. I've lived and watched sports in the Burg for 35 years and when I see support like this from someone outside of the Burg, it makes you feel good. Sure is a helluva' lot better then alot of the negative stuff you hear as a Burgite. Now it is on to football and as long as your team is not playing the Burg, then good luck in whoever you are playing.

It's about time Southeastern Ohio starts making a little more noise when it comes tourney time. If a local team is playing a team outside of Southeastern Ohio, then we need to all rally around that team and give them the support and respect that they deserve. Chilli showed them what SEO is made of, now how about the rest of the teams follow.

Return to “Baseball”