Burg vs. Adena

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Burg vs. Adena

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I was told that the Burg was expecting to see the kid that started at SS on the mound, Barnes I think. He did come in and relieve Urhig, but still couldn't stop the Pirates. He seemed to have a little problem finding the strike zone in one inning and walked a couple of batters.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Urhig is a good pitcher. Arm problems have plauged him throughout his career. Also, he is a very good middle infielder which probably limited his innings because Adena probably wanted him to stay at SS.

He started on the hill in the State Championship game in 2005 as a freshman.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Bozo wrote:He started on the hill in the State Championship game in 2005 as a freshman.

I did not know that. That's very impressive.

wildcat1
Waterboy

Post by wildcat1 »

Colin had been brought along slowly this year due to arm problems that have plagued him since his sophomore year. He had been throwing well and as stated in a previous post, had started some big games. He won the regional final game as a freshman and started the state championship game the same year. It was a senior type game and the coaching staff along with the catcher felt that he was ready. A few plays here or there and the score might have been different.
Good luck to the BURG in Columbus. Its time to bring another championship back to Pirate country!!!!!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

The catcher has some say?

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

i think the catcher should always have some say...no one on the team knows how good a pitchers stuff is beter than the catcher. after all, he has to catch it :roll:

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

In the biggest game of the year? I think not and I think I have coached a few games so don't roll the eyes. :lol: I understand the catcher has to catch him. By Pitching him they had to move 4 players. Barnes was 8-0 on the season and Uhrig had only pitched 10 innings all spring. Not a great choice.

wildcat1
Waterboy

Post by wildcat1 »

The catchers input was limited to his opinion on the pitchers velocity and control!

Bengal fan it was not your choice to make nor was it mine so I don't think that we have the right to judge whether it was a good one or not. I know if I can put a Senior pitcher on the mound that has pitched in big games then that is probably what I would do. It is not like the Burg beat him to death, the real problem spot was at third which would have been the same if the Barnes kid pitched as well.

It is easy to be hall of fame coaches after the game when the only decision you have to make is to second guess the guy who had to make them.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

I did not see anything wrong with starting Urhig on the mound. Hindsight is 20/20 as they say and he did keep Adena in the game against a very good offensive team. True, the Warriors had to move a bunch of players around to pitch him, but that is Division 3 high school baseball in most programs.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

You are correct not my choice but my opinion. The last time I looked that is what this forum is about.
Didn't say Barnes would have beaten Burg, just I don't think I would have made that decision. Uhrig is a great player and kid.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

The aurgements over the best team won the score showed it, get over it. Theyare all good pitchers but you forget we had another 8 game winner in center field that could have also thrown and won that game. Go Burg win it all..

bengalfan76 did you say yes or no?????

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Pitching didn't lose this game for Adena. The only question I had from the stands is why the coach didn't send the runner down one (3-2) in the bottom of the 6th. It would have been a very close play but you have to make the 1st baseman make that play with two outs and your number 9 hitter coming up next. Number 9 hitter struck out!

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

I thought Wheelersburg was more agressive when they had the chances Someone wins someone loses you hate to lose Adena is in the hunt every year good luck to them next season

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

What am I saying yes too?lol

If the Generals yes. going to the Game Friday no.
have a job interview.

Return to “Baseball”