Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

Post by burggrad82 »

The Pirates can lock up the Soc 2 title with a win in one of their last 3 confrence games Who do you think it will happen against ?
Minford - friday Home
South Webster- Next Tues. Away
Valley- Next Thursday Away

thenino
Freshman Team

Re: Wheelersburg Pirates SOC II Champs ?

Post by thenino »

Wheelersburg is DEFINITELY going to be this years SOC champs. The hardest competition they have left is Minford, and they handled them easily the first go-around. I have never seen an SOC team as strong as this team is, and personally, I think they have a very good shot at winning the state championship, barring any major injuries.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I look for the Pirates to take the SOC II title as well, but I'm sure the Minford game will not be the same blowout it was the first time these two met, at least I hope not. I wouldn't be surprised to see a three game sweep of those games and another unblemished conference record.

Good luck to the Pirates.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I take it that the Pirates won over Northwest?

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

congrats in advance... lol

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

I see them finishing 3-0 or 2-1 in the remaining conference games and on top of the SOC2.

Minford will be a tough matchup as they have rebounded well after the Valley defeat. Beat a solid Waverly ball club but only beat West last night 6-5. So I'm still not sure about their consistency. Pitching is the key in this game and Russell has done really well againt minford in the past. I look for him to be on the hill on Friday. Question is whether Farmer pitches against Burg or not. If not Minford will have a tough time beating Burg.

Valley can be dangerous especially with Coach Schuler at the helm. They have proven they can be a threat by beating Minford. With Buckewitz (sp?) out in the first meeting it hurt Valleys leadoff chances to get base runners on. I still think all around though that Burg is just too much top to bottom for Valley to stop.

South Webster is a much improved squad and handled West pretty well this past week. Burg cannot look past Webster as they can compete. Again, I think Burg is just too potent offensively for the Jeeps to hold down.

thenino
Freshman Team

Post by thenino »

BULDOG wrote:I see them finishing 3-0 or 2-1 in the remaining conference games and on top of the SOC2.

Minford will be a tough matchup as they have rebounded well after the Valley defeat. Beat a solid Waverly ball club but only beat West last night 6-5. So I'm still not sure about their consistency. Pitching is the key in this game and Russell has done really well againt minford in the past. I look for him to be on the hill on Friday. Question is whether Farmer pitches against Burg or not. If not Minford will have a tough time beating Burg.

Farmer will be pitching for Minford, that is why he didn't start against West. He did come in late in the game for an inning or so, but he should still start on Friday.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

hope the burg has a good showing against the Falcons as it is the final home game for the 8 seniors on burgs team Daniel Armstrong, Jordan Russell, Kyle Blevings, Adam Wamsley, Dustin Cook, Spencer Hall, Jerry Stiers, and Wes Lyon hope they can lead the burg to another soc championship.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Enemy of State_98 wrote:hope the burg has a good showing against the Falcons as it is the final home game for the 8 seniors on burgs team Daniel Armstrong, Jordan Russell, Kyle Blevings, Adam Wamsley, Dustin Cook, Spencer Hall, Jerry Stiers, and Wes Lyon hope they can lead the burg to another soc championship.

Yes indeed... Lets make this a memorable one for these seniors.

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

I wouldnt b surprised if they dnt end up state champs :122245

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

The Pirates beat the Falcons 7-3 today to wrap up the SOC II title.

Enemy of State_98
Riding the Bench

Post by Enemy of State_98 »

Congrats to the burg on another SOC championship

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

[quote][/quote]I wouldnt b surprised if they dnt end up state champs [quote][/quote]

Sectional champs 1st, District Champs 2nd, Regional champs 3rd, then maybe State champs. Have to win one at a time! I've seen them play 5 times this year. Not sure if I've seen a team this good in southern ohio.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

21-0, SOC Champs again what a team.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Congrads to the PIRATES :shock: 21-0 THATS QUITE A ACCOMPLISHMENT 8) GoodLuck in tourney and hope ya go all the way :!: :-D :shock: :!:

MinnyAckMack10
Freshman Team

Post by MinnyAckMack10 »

bulkmove wrote:
I wouldnt b surprised if they dnt end up state champs

Sectional champs 1st, District Champs 2nd, Regional champs 3rd, then maybe State champs. Have to win one at a time! I've seen them play 5 times this year. Not sure if I've seen a team this good in southern ohio.

It's not teams from southern ohio you have to worry about.. Central and northern ohio teams are just as good and we don't know hardly anything about them... but yes they do have to take one game at a time and if they handle business every game then i wouldn't be surprised to see them in the State.

Good Luck Falcons... & Pirates.. :-D from this minford falcons fan!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

21-0 and winning most of their games by the 10 run rule and still yet can just barely crack the top 10.

Congrats to the Pirates on a great season and another SOC championship. Undefeated in anything is quite an accomplishment, especially with the amount of talent that is around here. I know they still have a couple of games to go, but I think they are the definite favorite in those.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabba- It's ridiculous isn't it? But, I know last year when I went to the OHSBCA forums, there was almost zero talk about the Burg, so perhaps the voters don't know anything about them this season.

I really think that all of their votes are coming from the SE Coaches, especially since last time I checked, the SVC had 3 votes, so I would think they would put the team who run-ruled Zane Trace at, or near the top.

I was excited about perhaps seeing the Burg play today(Teays isn't too far) but the rains made that impossible. Hopefully I'll get to see them a few times in the postseason.

burggrad82
Freshman Team

Post by burggrad82 »

Me and Bama were talking at the senior get together after the game and its amazing how much baseball we've watch these boys play. From minor league to
the jr league state apperance in Maume this is a special group of boys that are close and are all friends I think that closeness is what helps these boys pick each other up when they need a run or a catch to win a game or start a rally. 2 regular season games to go keep your eye on the prize and keep playing hard nose baseball.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Yes, we have watched a lot of ballgames over the years from pitching machine all the way to high school. I can probably count on one hand, two for sure the number of games I have missed since D was in pitching machine. The boys just have to stay focused on the job at hand.

Return to “Baseball”