CAVS BASEBALL - Does the administration care?????

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Re: CAVS BASEBALL - Does the administration care?????

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

hitchbone64 wrote:Congrats to the Cavs on the victory yesterday over Athens in the DOC.

As I add in my two-cents (not worth much these days) about the sad state of spring sports, I will get dumped in hot water.

First, I can assure you that not all people are even on board for the Basketball program that just won the 1st Boys State B-Ball Championship in Ross County.

Second, I can assure you that there are people in leadership that pass the hot potatoe everytime it comes their way.

Third, I can assure you that as passionate as our coaches and players are, that passion is not even considered by many in leadership.

It is a sad state of affairs that we have children that cannot even enjoy the "whole" aspect of the High School Experience. Whether it is the Debate Team, Drama Club, Chorus versus Baseball or Tennis, every kid should be able to have the best opportunity to be successful. Until Chillicothe gets the mindset that we are supposed to be leaders, we are supposed to be example setters and teachers, then we will suffer. I believe we are sending our children a bad message. Apathy is not good and should not be accepted.

Yes, we had issues with levies and losing students. Quit talking about it and do something. There are people willing and able to help, but someone has to give a rats rear end in the admin.

Good luck to the Cavs over the rest of the season!!!!

GO CAVS!!!

Well said Hitchbone. Sounds like an administration and school board change is necessary.

86cavs
Freshman Team

Post by 86cavs »

It is very sad that our school board,don't do anything for are baseball team.The best thing to do is is build a sports complex,either on the west side of town or on the east side of town.You have the perfect set up is to tear down Smith middle school and you can make a nice size sports complex.We can have are Baseball and Softball complex.What about tearing down Hopewell school and making a Baseball and Softball complex.I'm sure that the soccer club,wouldn't mind if Baseball and Softball would share the Mt.Logan complex.

Army
S

Post by Army »

gahs4ever wrote:When I still lived in Chillicothe in the 70s, the VA was still a grass field, the Paints werent even on the drawing board, and Bolmer field was the showplace in town. I remember going down there most evenings in the summer and watching VFW games and Hugh Jennings even had a semi-pro team playing in the Heart of Ohio league. I always thought Bolmer made sense, being right behind CHS, and I note that now there is what could be a practice field right across the street. I dont know what problems exist between the City Parks and Rec and CHS, but you would think something could be worked out to give the CHS athletes a place to call home in close proximity to the HS. The feeling of community pride the entire town felt when CHS won the state basketball championship wasnt just coming from CHS alumni or even basketball fans. It was a community thing, and every other CHS extra-curricular activity needs that same pride enfused in it IMO.

Wow, I am speechless, now your the Chillicothe CAVS expert after bashing our CAVS Sports Teams so many times on here. :roll:

I am glad to see you thank our CHS extra cirricular needs the same pride infused in it :!: :roll:

I think our CHS School Board will correct the situation. :-D

baseballfan61
Waterboy

Post by baseballfan61 »

Army wrote:

I wouldn't count on that. Baseball is a dead subject with the board until the next season is half over.

Army
S

Post by Army »

baseballfan61 wrote:
Army wrote:

I wouldn't count on that. Baseball is a dead subject with the board until the next season is half over.

Give them a chance :!:

And give the voices to be heard concerning this issue. I think they will see the importance. :-D

baseballfan61
Waterboy

Post by baseballfan61 »

They don't have any option BUT to give them a chance. But honestly, it has been three years and they are still just discussing a plan. In the meantime, the coaches have to try to rebuild a program with limited resources and practice opportunities. I think the kids can sense the lack of support, which makes it very hard for them to take pride in being a Cavalier Baseball Player. It is a lot to ask a kid to overcome, when they see the other programs in the community well established and well supported. The kids that have graduated in the past three years and the kids currently in the program deserve a lot of credit for having the guts to suffer through the rebuilding of a program that lost so much when spring sports were cancelled four years ago. Unlike the other spring sports, not only did they sacrifice a season of development and fellow athletes who left CHS to play elsewhere, but they also had to sacrifice their facility. I cannot imagine the reaction at some of the other local schools if the team had to practice in a gym constantly or have a workout in an hour because they could only have the ballfield for a limited time. They can take batting practice on the current field, but they cannot run because it is unsafe. They cannot field a baseball because it is unsafe. In the meantime, the board is working on a plan that they cannot fund and that the voters will not fund. Believe me, I understand that this is not the fault of everyone currently on the board, but collectively, I have a hard time believing that the current administration (not just the board) sees any urgency at all regarding the situation. In the meantime, another baseball season will come and go.

Another class of baseball players will graduate without ever playing a baseball game on their home field!

And the kids will continue the uphill struggle to succeed, but they will be stronger for having been a member of the Chillicothe High School Baseball Team, as they will have a clearer view of life after high school. I truly hope that I can respond to this thread in the spring and tell everyone how wrong I am (was) and give thanks to the people who really made things change for these kids, but I wouldn't count on that either.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

gahs4ever wrote:When I still lived in Chillicothe in the 70s, the VA was still a grass field, the Paints werent even on the drawing board, and Bolmer field was the showplace in town. I remember going down there most evenings in the summer and watching VFW games and Hugh Jennings even had a semi-pro team playing in the Heart of Ohio league. I always thought Bolmer made sense, being right behind CHS, and I note that now there is what could be a practice field right across the street. I dont know what problems exist between the City Parks and Rec and CHS, but you would think something could be worked out to give the CHS athletes a place to call home in close proximity to the HS. The feeling of community pride the entire town felt when CHS won the state basketball championship wasnt just coming from CHS alumni or even basketball fans. It was a community thing, and every other CHS extra-curricular activity needs that same pride enfused in it IMO.

A Blast from the past "Heart Of Ohio League " . :-D .. I watched many a game when I was a child. We used to play our games there years ago , now it is for JV . I cant blame coaches or kids for wanting to play at VA or 757 both are better diamonds. You get alot of bad hops on Bolmer Field . They should redo the whole field behind CHS ,even move the backstop so your not staring into the sun while hitting.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I saw the picture of the 'baseball' field and that is a shame! IMO, the parents of the baseball players need to go to the next BOE meeting and let their feelings be heard loud and clear. I understand that the Cavs play some of their games at Paints and 757 but not to even have a place to practice is unbelievable. I bet the football and basketball teams wouldnt go without a place to practice or play home games. Someone needs to wake up the administration at Chilly.

Return to “Baseball”