TOP SOPHOMORES

buckeye4
Waterboy

Re: TOP SOPHOMORES

Post by buckeye4 »

bird78, this was on another post,
is the Dearth boy who pitches for Fisher Catholic any relation to Doug Dearth who pitched for the Nelsonville-York Buckeyes in the 70's??
Dearth seems to be getting off to a great career being a soph.
best of luck to this young man

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

buckeye4---Yes :-D Donson is the son of Doug Dearth--who played for--NY--IN THE SEVENTIES :-D :shock: :!:

honesty
Waterboy

Post by honesty »

oesch for minford is an outstanding ballplayer...as catcher he is 11-11 for throwing people out behind the dish....elliot and kemper are some pretty good ball players theirselfs....elliot can pitch pretty well and play the field....kemper can play the field and hit the ball pretty well

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

2 of the top sophomores in the SEOAL have to be Lance Weppler from Marietta he has only been up with the varsity for a few games now but he's a beast. he has one varsity homer so far and had one in the few jv games he played. another would have to be pitcher #18 on Zanesville. dont kno his name but he started against us (marietta) twice now and he is def one of the top pitchers we've faced all year.

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

I would have to agree with you Tigersfan on your evaluation of both players. Cole Hudson is the pitchers name for Zanesville that you mentioned he is now 6-1 as a starter for the blue devils in his 1.5 years on the mound. #7 Colten Maxwell and #5 Wade Kaido are also sophomores starting for the young Blue Devils this year. I would put them against almost anyone in the area with their all around play. #2 Kurt Young who played left field left handed and 3rd base right handed in the final inning will make a push this year to get his name in the conversation. He pitched left handed at Meadowbrook last week and finished with 6 innings pitched, giving up 2 runs on 5 hits with 9 K's with only 1 BB.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Sounds like Zanesville :lol: going to be loaded in next few years 8) Good luck to the Super Sophs :shock: you mentioned :-D :shock: :!:

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Donson ''Dangerous Delivery'' Dearth evens out his record for the Irish of Fisher Catholic :-D now at 2-2 with both wins coming by the complete game route 8) You go Mr. Dearth :-D :shock: :!:

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Marty Dunn of Chilly has been hitting the ball well this season , he and Nate Winston are only Soph's on Varsity for Cavs .

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Sounds like you got a nice pair there chilli-town--Good Luck to them in their first year of Varsity ball--- :shock: :-D :!:

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

bird78 wrote:Sounds like you got a nice pair there chilli-town--Good Luck to them in their first year of Varsity ball--- :shock: :-D :!:

Marty actually played Varsity as a freshman

buckeye4
Waterboy

Post by buckeye4 »

Another WIN for Soph. Pitcher Donson Dearth and Fisher Catholic.
CONGRATULATIONS!
Keep the WINS Coming!!

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

chilltown--don't keep up on Chilli's baseball--but sounds like Mr. Dunn gonna make some noise in S.E.O.A.L.--NOT MANY PLAY THEIR FROSH YEAR :-D mAYBE HE'LL END UP LIKE OLE ADAM WITH THE REDS :shock: EVEN THOUGH HE'S STARTING AT SLOW AS USUAL--GOOD LUCK TO YOUR DUNN--SOUNDS LIKE A KEEPER :-D :shock: :!: AND BUCKEYE---LOOK FOR SOME MORE WINS FOR ''DONSON ''DD'' DEARTH'' HE ALSO IS A KEEPER :shock: :-D :!:

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Update 8) Donson Dearth had another gem of a game for the Irish of Fisher Catholic in a 5 to 3 win over Liberty Union :lol: Donson improved his record to 4 wins with 3 losses and has 5 complete games on the season :!: Donson in 58 innings pitches has only gave up 8 walks---outstanding control there Donson--Good Luck come tourney time---- :-D :shock: :!:

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

Arron Oaesh is realy good, extremly good if you ask me, elliot from burg is outstanding, Loop from webster, Morisette from webster, and believe it or not i am gonna pick a sophmore from NW...jarod ( cant remember his last name ) plays 3rd usualy

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Markie Tate from Belpre has quietly put together an impressive sophomore campain. Tate has hit close to .400 all year as the Eagles battle Meigs and Wellston for the TVC Ohio title. He has pitched very well in the limited starts he has had on the mound but that includes this past Thursday nites 2 hitter at Wellston. He is near the top of most of Belpre offensive statistical catogories including postions played as he has played every position except 1B in a varsity game this year. Starting most at either catcher or 2nd base.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Dereck Roback of Waverly is having a fine season after taking his Freshman season off to run track...

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Hey :shock: Nerk Fan------How's Xavier doing this year :!: hope he's getting ready for summer ball :-D bird78 :-D :shock: :!:

morrissette#18
Riding the Bench

Post by morrissette#18 »

I'm a sophomore and my opinion after playing with the same kids my whole life, oesch and elliot are definitely the two best players from my group. Besides a couple of kids I've played with in Greenup.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Coming from an old catcher, I do agree that Oesch impressed me behind the plate when I seen him play the other night. Has just started catching, has good defensive skills, look for him to improve his game.

Air Force I
Waterboy

Post by Air Force I »

I too agree that Oesch is a good catcher, imo one of the top ones in the SOC. As just a sophmore also, he only has room to get better.

Return to “Baseball”