2023 Spring Baseball Talk

countywide35
SEOP

2023 Spring Baseball Talk

Post by countywide35 »

gettin pretty darn close everyone.

let’s put a little chatter on here on giving your school and league predictions.

teams to keep an eye on. players to follow.

FAC baseball was pretty good race last year. expect competitive baseball within the league again this year.

the minford team of a few years back. i wanna say they were a final four team maybe ?? hopefully someone can clarify that for me. but. point i’m trying to make is. i watched them play that year. and that was a darn good baseball team.

hopefully there is a few teams like that from our area that will have seasons similar.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MClaw
Freshman Team

Re: 2023 Spring Baseball Talk

Post by MClaw »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:30 pm gettin pretty darn close everyone.

let’s put a little chatter on here on giving your school and league predictions.

teams to keep an eye on. players to follow.

FAC baseball was pretty good race last year. expect competitive baseball within the league again this year.

the minford team of a few years back. i wanna say they were a final four team maybe ?? hopefully someone can clarify that for me. but. point i’m trying to make is. i watched them play that year. and that was a darn good baseball team.

hopefully there is a few teams like that from our area that will have seasons similar.
Minford's team from 2018 went to the final four. They were solid. Didn't commit errors and 1-9 put the ball in play.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Who's coaching Minford this year?

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Valley lost a couple good seniors from last year but the majority of their starters return including all of their pitching. The Indians should be improved this year. They jump back to Div 3 for the 2023 season.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

transplant wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:54 am Who's coaching Minford this year?
Eli Daniels will be the New Skipper at Minford

SOC II will be Rock Solid this year.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thanks

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:04 pm
Almost all pitching returns from last season. Wheelersburg's Thomas being the only exception.

If my recollection is correct,
Wheelersburg loses Thomas and McKenzie
Minford loses Coriell and Lewis
Valley loses Morrow and Jones
Waverly loses Barnett and Shoemaker

There may have been a few more contributing seniors from other teams, Northwest lost a few, too but most SOC II squads were comprised of 9th thru 11th graders last season.

Not sure what will be replacing the few seniors lost, but with what everyone is returning, teams will be solid.

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post by captain ensano »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:04 pm
Eli Daniels will be the New Skipper at Minford

Eli Daniels will also have his dad helping him get through coaching this year, so that's a bonus for him. Tim Martin might be around some too! I look for Minford to be very solid and fundementally sound.

Return to “Baseball”