JV Team

South Webster Baseball 2013

Post by jazzfingers888 »

How are the Jeeps looking this season? :?:

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster Baseball 2013

Post by Bigbadwolf »

I think the Jeeps are a toss up this year. They return Swords, Salisbury, and Fuller. Plus Lockhart will be big on the Hill this season. Should be interesting...

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

the post season is when south webster shines, the season will be a tough one though...but no matter what the record is when the regular season is over they will make a couple of upsets in the tourney

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

I think SW will be a lot better this year. They have the Lockhart (sp) kid who missed last year due to a 4 wheeler accident and a freshman, Rawlins who will help a lot with pitching duties. Queen, Swords and they have a lefty (can't remember his name) did a majority of pitching last year and will be key to any success they have this year. I'd say Salisbury, Richardson and Fuller will have good years offensively.

Not sure how the season will start. Talked to Coach ZIM the other day and he said he has had all his players for less than a week due to the Regional Final run by the basketball team! I agree with swbaseballfan, they should have a good squad come tourney time. I don't know if they shine in the postseason but they do play hard. Looking forward to watching some games. Schedule says they have a DH this Saturday vs Southern (6 straight regional appearances). Then East Monday, @ burg (2012 D3 state champs) Wednesday, and N'west on Friday. Looks like some tough early season games.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Tripleplay wrote:I think SW will be a lot better this year. They have the Lockhart (sp) kid who missed last year due to a 4 wheeler accident and a freshman, Rawlins who will help a lot with pitching duties. Queen, Swords and they have a lefty (can't remember his name) did a majority of pitching last year and will be key to any success they have this year. I'd say Salisbury, Richardson and Fuller will have good years offensively.

Not sure how the season will start. Talked to Coach ZIM the other day and he said he has had all his players for less than a week due to the Regional Final run by the basketball team! I agree with swbaseballfan, they should have a good squad come tourney time. I don't know if they shine in the postseason but they do play hard. Looking forward to watching some games. Schedule says they have a DH this Saturday vs Southern (6 straight regional appearances). Then East Monday, @ burg (2012 D3 state champs) Wednesday, and N'west on Friday. Looks like some tough early season games.
I think I know the lefty you're talking about. If I can remember right he's going to be a senior this year. I think the name is Justin Montgomery. He's got the stuff to shut any team down when he's on. His arsenal (in years passed) includes a 12-6 breaking ball, sharp slider, average fastball (can be extremely wild at times), and a cutter that he likes to get ahead in the count with... With him being a southpaw the jeeps have a good chance of sneaking up on some teams in soc2 this year. Good luck

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

He's still around? I remember that kid. He could throw for sure. He was always talkin about a hand/arm balm by Beaglecom Industries (used by many MLB pitchers).

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Yea I think you're blowing smoke with that Jazzy. Either you're confused or you're accusing the kid of using pine tar to alter his pitches. Either way I think it's out of line by you.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Montgomery graduated like 4 years ago. Found out the lefty is ball.

He's not blowing smoke, Justin used some weird stuff to rub on his arm when it hurt. It smelled awful. But he never put anything on the ball. I know this cuz I was helping out at the time. Justin had a really good arm. He was either really on or struggled. But he could bring it.

bunt pirate
Freshman Team

Post by bunt pirate »

Tripleplay wrote:Montgomery graduated like 4 years ago. Found out the lefty is ball.

He's not blowing smoke, Justin used some weird stuff to rub on his arm when it hurt. It smelled awful. But he never put anything on the ball. I know this cuz I was helping out at the time. Justin had a really good arm. He was either really on or struggled. But he could bring it.
Ok sorry about the confusion. I think the lefty is Hall actually. Sounds right. And he's a little stocky kid. Kind of a sneaky delivery, I believe he has pitched against my pirates before and kept them off balance for at least a few innings? Anyhow, sorry on the mix up again. Good luck to the jeeps this year

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

justin montgomery LOL...yeah, he graduated a while back. and he was exactly as stated, he was either unhittable or good for 1/3 of an inning or less!! the first batter he would face told how his day would be, he either struck the batter out or walked him, there was no inbetween. one of the best kids you'd ever meet though, always in a laid back mood and didnt let things bother him, he was there to have fun and thats what mattered.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

SW lost game 1 to Southern in a heartbreaker. Swords pitched extremely well. Pitched 6 innings giving up 3 or 4 hits and 1 run, unearned. Jeeps up 3-1 in the 7th and the bullpen couldn't finish. Southern scored 5 runs on 2 hits and no errors. Tough spot for both Lockhart and Rawlings. 1st varsity game for both. I'm sure they will have good careers for SW in the future. Final for game 1 was 6-3.

I left the 2nd game when Southern went up 3-0 in the 4th. Final ended up being 7-2.

Was impressed with SW today. They got swept but to a very good Southern team. I think the jeeps will be alright this year.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Swordz pitched a great game. I didn't see the 2nd game but besides that 7th inning in the first, Jeeps played well. Oh btw, that guy cookin up the food on the hill was CRAAAZY!.

Wholly_Shnikeys
Riding the Bench

Post by Wholly_Shnikeys »

jazzhands88 wrote:Swordz pitched a great game. I didn't see the 2nd game but besides that 7th inning in the first, Jeeps played well. Oh btw, that guy cookin up the food on the hill was CRAAAZY!.
Crazy... But extremely generous! Was dishin out freshly cooked dogs to everyone! Thanks for the hospitality!!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

anyone know south websters record right now?

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

They were 3-4 going into today's game at West. Haven't heard how they did today.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Jeeps lost 11-1 and are now 3-5.

Tripleplay
Freshman Team

Post by Tripleplay »

Jeeps beat New Boston 15-0 on Thursday.

Lost to Valley 3-1 on Friday. I saw most of the Valley game and Brody Queen looked good on the mound. The big boy for Valley threw a little bit better and worked out of a bases loaded, one out, jam in the bottom of the 6th by striking out 2 straight batters. That kept the score at 2-1 at that point. Valley would tack on 1 run in the 7th.

South Webster is 4-6 going into today's DH @ Notre Dame. Heard gametime was changed to 2:00. Good luck boys!

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

looks like they are keeping games close. cant wait to see how the do in the tournament

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Jeeps are just now gettin in the groove. gravy train w/ biscuit wheels!

Return to “Baseball”