Divison III South

gogrove9
JV Team

Re: Divison III South

Post by gogrove9 »

I know that the all district and all state lists are out but I was just wondering why the OVC list hasn't been released yet. If it has, no one has put it in the paper or on here yet. Anyone know why?

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

I was in attendence at the all district meeting. I was also a coach this past season and a couple players who i felt could have been all-district. however they were not. i agree with the way the all district teams are selected, and I agree with the players who were selected. as for peake players go, there is no doubt someone was probably deserving, but there are alot of kids deserving who do not make it. pick anyone from the wheelersburg line-up and they probably have the numbers to be all-district. But there has to be a limit.

coaches do not argue for their players, they explain how their season went and post their stats. then it is up to the other 25-30 coaches to make their selections,

as for Jason Wright @ Oak Hill. With the season they had there is no doubt more players may have been deserving, but that is not up to him. both players selected to 1st team were deserving, be proud your school is represented by any player let alone 2 -1st team and 1-2nd team. that is 3 spots out of 26 just from oak hill. Be proud and congrats to Coach Wright and all of the Oak Hill Oaks

jungleman
Riding the Bench

Post by jungleman »

baseball16, this is waylon's dad, so if you are refering to me about worrying about my own,make sure you know what you are talking about,which you don't. I'm not hiding.My number is 577-7827.So if you have a problem, you can call.btw i do think his numbers was as good as any one on team.But he and i are not worried about any publicity like some does.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

looks like coach wright thinks waylon was deserving too, or else his name wouldent be on the list

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

jungleman wrote:baseball16, this is waylon's dad, so if you are refering to me about worrying about my own,make sure you know what you are talking about,which you don't. I'm not hiding.My number is 577-7827.So if you have a problem, you can call.btw i do think his numbers was as good as any one on team.But he and i are not worried about any publicity like some does.
Wow! Obviously Waylon's dad can't read! :shock: Doesn't look like baseball16 has any problems. Maybe Bigmama can call you with her problem. But I have a feeling that may be Waylon's mom. What a shame!!

Plus he says happy for others, not worry about others. Reading is sometimes overrated . Comprehension is another matter all on its own. :razz: :razz: :122245

unclebob
JV Team

Post by unclebob »

Here ism y take on this situation. Coaches nominate and tell their stats. Other coaches vote on them. Some have never even seen the kids at all. Some have played in games against them. Some have seen kids with poor attitudes in those games and may take that into consideration. I am not saying the kids that did not get on had bad attitudes but there are only so many spots. if 20 years from now it doesn't matter then why whine about it now. Failure is the best lesson for success.

Return to “Baseball”