Luke Morgan Portsmouth West
Jese Rigsby Coal Grove
Joe Young Nelsonville
Trey Farley River Valley

pantherdad
JV Team

Re: Divison III South

Post by pantherdad »

There are at least 2 kids from Chesapeake that deserve to be on this list somewhere. Hard to believe Coal Grove and River Valley each have two and Peake has "0".

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

pantherdad wrote:There are at least 2 kids from Chesapeake that deserve to be on this list somewhere. Hard to believe Coal Grove and River Valley each have two and Peake has "0".
I believe the chessy coach was not in attendance for district meeting, hard to vote kids in if coaches aren't their to nominate them!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

baseball16 wrote:
pantherdad wrote:There are at least 2 kids from Chesapeake that deserve to be on this list somewhere. Hard to believe Coal Grove and River Valley each have two and Peake has "0".
I believe the chessy coach was not in attendance for district meeting, hard to vote kids in if coaches aren't their to nominate them!
Do you know if the Chesapeake kids were even put up for vote or does a coach's absence pretty much seal the kids doom as far as getting voted for? Were any other coaches absent? Thanks for any information you might have.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

wow Boggs kid second team?? cox first ?

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

bigmama42 wrote:wow Boggs kid second team?? cox first ?
Yep, that is how the 15 south coaches voted.

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

from past couple years on here , this kid must not have been one of your favorites.You as a coach can present player as you want to coaches.If you want a lesser player to sound better to other coaches,then you will.I mean how does the other coaches know about entire year when they only see a player 2 times .

lefty39
Waterboy

Post by lefty39 »

If a coach isn't present he can have another coach nominate his players. I believe that's what happen with at least one of the kids on 1st team. From what I've heard Chesapeakes coaches did not nominate any of their players and they did not show to vote on any of the other players.

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

OfficeMax wrote:If a coach isn't present he can have another coach nominate his players. I believe that's what happen with at least one of the kids on 1st team. From what I've heard Chesapeakes coaches did not nominate any of their players and they did not show to vote on any of the other players.
Thank you for the information, OfficeMax. I don't understand our absence. The Peake coach at the year end banquet named one player specifically that he said had been nominated.

lefty39
Waterboy

Post by lefty39 »

Not a problem. He could have sent his nomination in via another coach and the player may not have been voted on. It does make it easier if the coach is present especially if its a player that the other coaches may not have heard or seen much from. I think if you are going to nominate one of your players you should be there to argue their cases so to have some representation somewhere on the list.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Agreed,how can you represent your kids if you dont make the trip?

bigmama42
Riding the Bench

Post by bigmama42 »

baseball16 read the last 2 post... argue for and represent your kids ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

You could always not nominate 3 players. Obviously the player you're fired up about was nominated and fought for, or they would not have been voted onto the 2nd team.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I will say this, i am not going to argue on an open forum,if you are not happy you are welcome to call me, I don't hide. Jason Wright, 740-418-0482
bigmama42 wrote:baseball16 read the last 2 post... argue for and represent your kids ...

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

bigmama42 wrote:baseball16 read the last 2 post... argue for and represent your kids ...

Amazing lol

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

coach of the year for a reason...jason wright is an outstanding coach with years of experience. cox was a very very hard working player year round and deserved 1st team.

also, a nice little article to read right here

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/view/f ... ch_results

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

To Baseball16...

Since you were obviously at the meeting, do you care to say if the Chesapeake boys were voted on and just didn't make it or did they not get nominated at all? Maybe another coach presented them? It's one thing if the coaches decided they weren't worthy...it's another if the boys weren't given a shot to begin with.

Thanks

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Yes, I will answer your question. Chesapeake coach was not in attendance. No players were nominated.
South point coach was not in attendance but sent info for player to be nominated.
18 1st teamers, 4 2nd teamers, and 4 honorable mentioned. Always somebody left off.
By the way, Cox was put up as a pitcher , he won 8 games on yr, under 2 era. Well deserving. A shame we have people that cannot be happy for anyone other than their own!!!!!!!!

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

baseball16 wrote:Yes, I will answer your question. Chesapeake coach was not in attendance. No players were nominated.
South point coach was not in attendance but sent info for player to be nominated.
18 1st teamers, 4 2nd teamers, and 4 honorable mentioned. Always somebody left off.
By the way, Cox was put up as a pitcher , he won 8 games on yr, under 2 era. Well deserving. A shame we have people that cannot be happy for anyone other than their own!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much for the information. And yes, 8 wins and under 2 era is a deserving young man.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Seems like this lady only complains on this forum. Oak Hill makes one of its greatest tourney runs and coach is getting grief over 1st and 2nd teamers. My response is good grief!!!! Quit whining. I wonder if Wheelersburg coaches have same problems with their parents knowing they probably have 5 or more kids deserving of all district!!!
Wow

Return to “Baseball”