D3 State Final- Wheelersburg 28-4 vs. Bloom Carroll 25-4

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: D3 State Final- Wheelersburg 28-4 vs. Bloom Carroll 25-4

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

WOW!!!!!! What a great game. Burg tried to give this game away with errors on pretty easy ground balls. In the end it worked out though and Burg is bringing home their 2nd straight state championship trophy. What a great way for the Seniors to end there careers. 4 final fours with one runner-up and 2 state titles. Great job guys.

Congrats once again Pirates on a great win today.

2ndchance
Riding the Bench

Post by 2ndchance »

Congrats to the Wheelersburg Pirates . And to Derek Moore it has been a pleasure to watch you pitch over the years.
From little league all the way thru high school. D. Moore u r the best . Thank you young man and the best to you in
the future . DWWD

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:WOW!!!!!! What a great game. Burg tried to give this game away with errors on pretty easy ground balls. In the end it worked out though and Burg is bringing home their 2nd straight state championship trophy. What a great way for the Seniors to end there careers. 4 final fours with one runner-up and 2 state titles. Great job guys.

Congrats once again Pirates on a great win today.
The two very costly errors were not on the fielding of ground balls, but on the simple tossing of them to 2nd for the force in the 3 run inning for BC. The first one was from about 10', and looked like indecision on whether to toss it or run to the bag was the best option to try to get the inning ending DP. Looked like he may have started to toss it underhand, then changed his mind and tried to keep it and flipped it over the head of the 2B. Then the 2nd one from 15-20' on a dart throw type toss just looked like for some reason went way wide of the bag.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Two of the key plays in each half of the 7th were on tries to get a key lead runner force out at 2nd in a tight one run game. First batter in the top of the 7th, after Moore came in for Martin changing P and 3B positions, hit a grounder to 3rd that Martin bobbled taking away his chance at the force, and by the time he looked to 2nd and decided against it and looked to first, it was too late there, and he made the right decision to eat it. His decisions were good, the bobble was the problem, although he may have gotten an out if he decided when he bobbled, without taking the time to look at 2nd, to try for the out at first, he may have gotten it. So that put Moore in an even worse situation, and then the next batter bunted both runners up. Moore then showed his mettle and K'd the next key batter with the infield playing in very close(Moore moved them in even closer after they had taken their original positions). Then the infield got to move back and they got the 3rd out with no damage and kept the deficit at one run, which had a key impact as to how the bottom of the 7th was played.

With the lead-off batter on first for Burg, the next batter hit a grounder to 3rd, and the fielder had his intentions to get the force on the tying run going into 2B. But the last hop hit right on the edge of the grass and took a very low hop that the fielder did a great job to adjust and get down to field it cleanly, but it took extra time with the runner really hustling to 2B, and the 3B still tried to get the force and he was called safe(I thought he was just barely out with the slide just slowing him down enough that the ball beat his foot touching - someone please look at the re-play and tell me if I'm correct). Anyway, that set-up the inning and it was tied, and then it looked like it would go to extra innings and Moore would have a chance for his first loss, and then the game losing passed ball happened.

mohawkbaseball#1
All Conference

Post by mohawkbaseball#1 »

Congrats to the Burg on B2B championships, way to represent Southern Ohio and the SOC!

... btw did anybody listen to the game on burgfan.com? What a disgrace! Calling the Bloom Carroll kids "pansies" and "sissies" when they were shaken up, even calling the fans of BC "vagina fans". Grown men were calling the game btw. Also took shots at Valley while calling the yellow and gold colors of BC sissy colors like LV. Also kept refering to the home plate umpire being from Portsmouth and this could be why he was making some questionable ball and strike calls from their point of view, once evening threatening his safety if calls did not start to be more accurate. I mean I know it's a podcast meant for burg fans but what a disgrace, IDK how any of the sponsers would want their business associated with kind of class!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

mohawkbaseball#1 wrote:Congrats to the Burg on B2B championships, way to represent Southern Ohio and the SOC!

... btw did anybody listen to the game on burgfan.com? What a disgrace! Calling the Bloom Carroll kids "pansies" and "sissies" when they were shaken up, even calling the fans of BC "vagina fans". Grown men were calling the game btw. Also took shots at Valley while calling the yellow and gold colors of BC sissy colors like LV. Also kept refering to the home plate umpire being from Portsmouth and this could be why he was making some questionable ball and strike calls from their point of view, once evening threatening his safety if calls did not start to be more accurate. I mean I know it's a podcast meant for burg fans but what a disgrace, IDK how any of the sponsers would want their business associated with kind of class!
If that were my school, I would start asking the sponsors personally if they liked that kind of podcast. I got money that they would start pulling money til something changed.
That is disgraceful.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

mohawkbaseball#1 wrote:Congrats to the Burg on B2B championships, way to represent Southern Ohio and the SOC!

I agree 100%. I quit listening to these guys do football games for the same reason. I know who they are and they are trying to be funny but instead are making fools of themselves and giving Burg fans a black eye with their childish comments.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I believe the numbers mentioned on the radio this morning were that in the past 4 years, Burg baseball is 116-11. 4 Final 4 appearances, 1 state runner up trophy and 2 State Championships. Very impressive!

Return to “Baseball”