2011 All-Ohio teams released

rxburgfan
All State

Re: 2011 All-Ohio teams released

Post by rxburgfan »

that is what i thought. so the idea you have to be a senior goes out the window.

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

You do have to be a senior to play in Mizuno Games

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Flyers-correct

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

the game i understand. i was referring to the selections themselves.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

RxBurgFan wrote:Farmer is a senior. I thought he was younger than that. two honorable mentions from one southern ohio team? unfortunately state nods with all sports is about the coach(representative). there were better players in southern ohio than two from a school that finished second in their conference.

what difference does it make where a players team finishes in the conference?? its the players' award, not the teams'

BadVlad27
JV Team

Post by BadVlad27 »

Zach was selected to the all state team, which is different from the mizuno all Ohio team.

Burg#1
JV Team

Post by Burg#1 »

Seen the Burg's catcher throw two warhawks runners out- kid has a cannon

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

No one questions the abilities of Austin Hall. Just never saw stats on the kid to vote for him.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

tomcatdad wrote:
RxBurgFan wrote:Farmer is a senior. I thought he was younger than that. two honorable mentions from one southern ohio team? unfortunately state nods with all sports is about the coach(representative). there were better players in southern ohio than two from a school that finished second in their conference.

what difference does it make where a players team finishes in the conference?? its the players' award, not the teams'

It obviously makes no difference. Southern played in the regional championship and never had a player make it. Trimble got beat in the first game of the sectional and was represented. Which is great for Trimble, if it is the coaches that do the picking than maybe Southern coaches need to step up for their players more. I felt the same thing happened in basketball too. I saw where schools with worst records got more players nominated.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

Charlie Hustle wrote:
tomcatdad wrote:

It obviously makes no difference. Southern played in the regional championship and never had a player make it. Trimble got beat in the first game of the sectional and was represented. Which is great for Trimble, if it is the coaches that do the picking than maybe Southern coaches need to step up for their players more. I felt the same thing happened in basketball too. I saw where schools with worst records got more players nominated.

Trimble's player was very deserving of his selection...

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

Trimble's player was very deserving of his selection...[/quote]

Not saying he wasn't. I am saying Southern has played in back to back regional championships and had someone deserving too.

haha :)
Riding the Bench

Post by haha :) »

kinda bad, when you dont see duane irvin on the list. WOWWWWW..
At least honerable mention.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Probably no info sent out on him like some other kids in the SE district.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

ive heard the farmer kid from piketon is really good...ive heard he can throw in the low 90's and that he has mlb teams lookin at him which is sorta hard to believe but if he is congrats to him

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

you been hearing a lot.lol

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

Charlie Hustle wrote:I am shocked no player from Southern made it. Played in back to back regional championships and not one player made it. Who votes for this stuff?
Cause southern was a team! Not a bunch of individuals.

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

G.W.A you can play as a team and still have outstanding individual players. These players should be rewarded. I am amazed how other coaches in our league and other small schools get their players on these teams but Southern coaches can't seem to manage it in any sport with better records.

Return to “Baseball”