Zach Farmer: Next Level

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Zach Farmer: Next Level

Post by Bleeding Red »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:A lot of players have talent from this area!!! You need more than just talent to play at the next level!!! Trust me!!!!
That is true. Talent is a dime a dozen in college and levels beyond. Attitudes are dropped immediately and so is a poor work ethic.

Sounds like this kid has the ability to do something with his life through baseball. At least get a free education. I have never seen him pitch, but I hope him the best.

The problem in southern Ohio, is a good player can look great. It is because of a lack of true talent in the area. A kid will go farther by outworking the other players than relying on true talent.

Again, I hope him the best and I also hope I get a chance to see him play.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

i wish i was left handed and could throw 88 mph. oh the thoughts just make me smile. let's get some sunshine and get outside. put me in coach....

history2277
Waterboy

Post by history2277 »

Zach is a Pro for sure if he wants to be..I've seen his emotions but as far as his attitude goes he is very humble, greatful, and works hard....So for all the haters , there has to be someone else out there u can talk about but wait u probably have already moved on to the next guy.... :lol:

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I would like to wish the young man the best of luck in the future with his baseball career.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Wow....are you kidding me! I've watched this kid in both baseball and basketball for the last three years...competitive and high spirited "yes"...bad attitude and poor sportsmanship "no" did he throw his glove down out of anger and frustration before "yes" even the greatest players can loose their cool on occassions. This kid is the real deal, with a good attitude and will play on the next level. I have never seen him do anything that would raise a real concern. I was told he was clocked as high as 92...a lefty..."come on man" :lol:

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Kid is a LEFThander pitching in (not topping out) high 80's his junior year of high school......ummmmmm, yeah I gotta believe he is going to get a few looks at the next level. I don't care what competition may or may not be around here, he'll be D1 somewhere and possibly drafted out of high school.*

KVDW
SE

Post by KVDW »

art_vandelay wrote:Kid is a LEFThander pitching in (not topping out) high 80's his junior year of high school......ummmmmm, yeah I gotta believe he is going to get a few looks at the next level. I don't care what competition may or may not be around here, he'll be D1 somewhere and possibly drafted out of high school.*
apparently the competition around here is pretty good.

didn't i just read where he lost a very crucial game to LOCAL competition in the tournament?
(maybe the scouts should be looking more at the opposing pitcher that tossed a shutout this far along in the tourney. :mrgreen: )

what is his record this year against local competition?

he must be pretty good but it sounds like he is being "hyped" pretty good, too.

good luck to him in his future endeavors.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

14 of the 18 outs he got today were via strikeout. If not for a botched pickoff by one of his teammates, it's a different ballgame.

He's got a bright future, I just wish others in the area would be more supportive of the local talent and not constantly try to bring it down.

BTW, Derek Moore pitched phenomenal today, but scouts will likely take high 80s-low 90s from the left side over mid 80s on the right side. Just a fact, but I would definitely take Moore on any team, kid is super gutty.

thejoker
Riding the Bench

Post by thejoker »

Farmer is good , but Moore is th better pitcher!

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

No Zachs not being hyped at all, he's the real deal, he wouldnt have pro scouts at practicly every game if he was being hyped up and this a junior so they are watching him very closely. hes a great kid has his head on straight and is doing the right things. He plays top level competition, southern ohio baseball is very competitive, but his reputation that has drawn the scouts here was from summer ball, his team travels the country playing the best competition that can be offered.
The game today we saw 2 fine pitchers, if we saw more than 2 hard hit balls all day i missed one, mistake here mistake there game could have went either way. Good season by the Streaks and wish the Pirates good luck on their next game.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I challenge any of you idiots to step into the box against him. Instead of talking crap about him, why not support him? Any kid who can bring scouts into the area can maybe open the door for other players.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

U know what I like about him. He's never blaming or bickering with anyone. Always positive and pick up teammates. That to me says a lot about a kid.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

In thinking about his season, it's sad that some will say that a 10-4 record, a sub-2.00 ERA, around 150 strikeouts, and a near .500 batting average will be a down year for Zach because of what he accomplished his first 2 seasons. The "experts" on here can say all they want about his attitude, his habits, and whatever esle. Bottom line is any one of them would gladly have him pitching for their team.

free safety
Riding the Bench

Post by free safety »

This Pirate fan would love to have him in the rotation at The Burg next year WOW Moore-Farmer-Martin

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

That would be an amazing rotation to have especially for the deep tournament run!! I think it seems like Farmer gets "hyped" a little because he is a great pitcher on what would be a slightly above average team without him. Moore is a great pitcher on a great team that has the history of making deep tournament runs and it is expected they will win the big games, which they did again yesterday. After losing to Burg 3 years in a row, maybe Farmer will consider the transfer option....LOL

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Last edited by JohnKnight on Fri May 25, 2012 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

SEOfaithful
Waterboy

Post by SEOfaithful »

I don't know why you guys keep saying Farmer has 2 years left, he's definitely a junior this year? Lol

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

^^^^ Maybe because this thread was started last spring, his sophomore year! lol Nice fail at a dig however!

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

In case you didn't click on the links I posted, Zach was rated the #1 OVERALL baseball player in the state of Ohio after his Sophmore year.
:122249

He is widely regarded as one of the top 2013 left-handed pitcher’s nationwide.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

John dont confuse them with the facts. It may disrupt their Fantasy.

Return to “Baseball”