LOGANS NEW COACH?

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Re: LOGANS NEW COACH?

Post by 1987chieftains »

not true 72
Last edited by 1987chieftains on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

If that's true LHS72, that would be a real shame!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

ANYTHING NEW OUT OF THE LOGAN CAMP?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

1987chieftains wrote:ANYTHING NEW OUT OF THE LOGAN CAMP?
Hey 87, according to the local rag, we have a coach and a schedule. Now, who's on first and so on, Whats on second. This year do we have a Jr High progarm. In order for our baseball program to compete a good youth program and feeder system along with a stable coach is a must!
Look how at how well athens and coach Gibson have done over the years!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Its a trade off LHS72 ... Logan use to kick our butt in football - we returned the favor on the diamond ...

The real trick is to have BOTH (or any two of the major sports) programs thrive. I havn't seen it accomplished in all my years of living ... Either your a football school (i.e. Logan, Nelsonville-York, Ironton) ... Or your a hoops school (i.e. Chesapeake) ... or you succeed in baseball (i.e. Athens, Lancaster and Warren does pretty well on the diamond as well.)

In fact, perhaps the one school that has done very well in 2 sports in Warren ... They have been solid on the court and in the spring with baseball.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

93Bulldog wrote:Its a trade off LHS72 ... Logan use to kick our butt in football - we returned the favor on the diamond ...

The real trick is to have BOTH (or any two of the major sports) programs thrive. I havn't seen it accomplished in all my years of living ... Either your a football school (i.e. Logan, Nelsonville-York, Ironton) ... Or your a hoops school (i.e. Chesapeake) ... or you succeed in baseball (i.e. Athens, Lancaster and Warren does pretty well on the diamond as well.)

In fact, perhaps the one school that has done very well in 2 sports in Warren ... They have been solid on the court and in the spring with baseball.
The fact is that some schools will excell in most sports every few years, Like I said your school has to comitt the resources and effort to run an outstanding sports program. In the last few years baseball and basketball has been our red headed stepchild!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Another reason:

It seems to me some sports are now being 'squeezed' out in order to get better at just one or two sports. (lift weights, off season programs like AAU, etc..etc...)

I know me and most of the my friends played football, basketball and baseball and had no problem doing so ... That's just not the case anymore with a lot of athletes - and some sports suffer.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Will logan resume a Jr high program and develop a better rec and summer youth program. That where baseball begins!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

LHS 72 wrote:Will logan resume a Jr high program and develop a better rec and summer youth program. That where baseball begins!
I have to agree, a good youth baseball program is the key to a better high school program!

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

So who is the coach at Logan?

Return to “Baseball”