Athens American Legion Post 21

tomcatdad
JV Team

Re: Athens American Legion Post 21

Post by tomcatdad »

good luck in the tournament P21. A trip to the state tourney would be sweet!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

P21's opening game of the 8th District Tourney has been rescheduled to 5:00 pm, Wednesday 7/14/10 @ Pickerington Central due to today's rainouts.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

P21 defeated McArthur 13-5 tonight in 8th District Tourney play. Athens moves to 20-7 and will face Lancaster tomorrow (7/15/10) @ 1:00 in the finals of the winner's bracket at Pickerington Central Hs.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

P21 defeated Lancaster today 1-0 to advance to the 8th District Finals. Tyler Thompson and Michael Congrove put on a pitching performance with Thompson coming out on top. For Athens: 1 run on 4 hits with 2 errors. Congrove's Lancaster Post 11: 0 runs on 4 hits with 1 error. Tyler Thompson also had the game winning RBI, driving home Greg Pach in the 4th inning. P21 moves to 21-7 on the season and will play tomorrow 5:30 @ Pickerington Central.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Holy cow!!!!!! Hey, I'm not Harry Carey!!!! Don't even start GW. Congratulations, this is a huge win for Post 21. Great job, especially in all of this heat. Simply, outstanding!!!

Congratulations to the Men of Post 21!

Gib25
Varsity

Post by Gib25 »

I'm going out a limb and name Tyler player of the game. He was in control the whole game. He was helped by two nice catches in right field by J.D. Chesser and one in centerfield by Greg Pach.

Colton Noftz was hit by a line drive by Andy Grillo to start the 3rd inning on Wednesday and was unable to continue. Dean Maffin pitched the final 7 innings to pick up a key win and save Tyler for the winners bracket final. Good luck to Post 21.

diamondD1
JV Team

Post by diamondD1 »

I've been keeping up with the tournament in the Lancaster Eagle Gazette. Some of the quotes by Pickerington's coach are pretty sophomoric. Here's how Thursday's article ends:

Post 283, which faces Gallipolis at 1 p.m. today at Pickerington North and will have to fight through the loser's bracket, is confident despite the loss, Weber said.

"We have more talent, more pitching than anybody left in this tournament," Weber said. "(Post 11 has) to burn their only other arm they've got (today) against Athens. Athens is gonna have to burn their arm. We've still got four that haven't toed the rubber.

"(Heck) I'm not worried about it. Winning it this way would be even more fun anyway. We've got a chance to win 40 (games)."

There's even more. You can read the whole article here: http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/ar ... nament-win

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

"I don't know what I said, but I wish I hadn't said it" - Drago

That may apply here D1.........

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

boys of post 21 just won over lancaster just heard from a very reliable sorce ....way to go guys keep it going

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Sneake Pete - Thanks for the update. I know that your source is impeccable, so we can "take it to the bank"......Yes, pun intended :lol: ;-)

Drago may be speechless for a couple of days, but I'm going to certainly give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his quotes were taken completely out of context.

GW and Catch One both speak highly of Drago, so he has to be a stand up guy and overall decent man.

We all have momentary lapses of reason........ :-D

Waterboy

Post by 222 »

YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE BANK FOR SURE. P21 WON 6 TO 2.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Thanks 222! Great win for Post 21!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Steely Dan wrote:"I don't know what I said, but I wish I hadn't said it" - Drago

That may apply here D1.........

Good one Steely. :-D

Steely Dan wrote:Sneake Pete - Thanks for the update. I know that your source is impeccable, so we can "take it to the bank"......Yes, pun intended :lol: ;-)

Drago may be speechless for a couple of days, but I'm going to certainly give him the benefit of the doubt and say that his quotes were taken completely out of context.

GW and Catch One both speak highly of Drago, so he has to be a stand up guy and overall decent man.

We all have momentary lapses of reason........ :-D

You are correct. IMO the Pickerington coach was just trying to motivate his kids. He is a stand up guy and a good friend. He was also the first to congratulate P21 on the win. Although many people don't know it, he has helped kids from the P21 program (and others in our district) obtain their goals of playing college baseball. Chris is a solid baseball guy and I'm proud to have him as a friend.

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

great job P21, You all played your butts off to bring home the tournament championship. we are very proud of you. keep it going

tomcatdad
JV Team

Post by tomcatdad »

tomcatdad wrote:good luck in the tournament P21. A trip to the state tourney would be sweet!

I was right, its pretty sweeeeet!

C A D
Waterboy

Post by C A D »

Great Win P21!
Congratulations to great group of guys.

Catch One
Freshman Team

Post by Catch One »

Congrats to the men of Post 21, GREAT JOB
Good Luck at the State Tour. I will be there to
support you. Hope to see Steely Dan there to.
JD I Know you can hit a baseball, but the word is
you can't hit a deer, maybe you should get some info
from the Fed boys, ha ha, Nice Yard Slammer.........
Keep it going men.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

http://www.lancastereaglegazette.com/article/20100717/SPORTS/7170322/1006/Big-blast-ends-Post-11-s-shot-at-district-title

Nice write up from the Lancaster newspaper. The Athens Messenger has a nice one too but you must be a paid subscriber to view the link.
http://www.athensmessenger.com/sports/local/article_ac34583a-9197-11df-845a-001cc4c002e0.html

P21 info for the state tourney is posted here- http://www.p21baseball.net

C A D
Waterboy

Post by C A D »

C A D
Waterboy

Post by C A D »

Return to “Baseball”