All State

Re: Warren Warriors 09-10

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Stay focused Blue!

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

DAKOTA pitched a great game last night even though the strike zone had a case of virtigo. Mr Tabler and Henthorn had the bats dialed in, and got things moving for the rest of the team. The team made the plays they needed and limited the misques to the point that it didnt hurt them. GOOD GAME AGAIN COACH FARR

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

WarrenWarriors posters

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe Gallipolis has ever won a baseball game at Warren Local since WLHS joined the SEOAL in 1985-86.

Too, I don't believe the Blue Angels have ever won at Warren.

Can a Warrior poster check on that? Maybe Cap'n Scoop, Everbody or Warrior 08, etc?

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Wow, I can't believe that. Warren and Gallia have had some great baseball games over the years and Gallia has been a class program for a long time. I find that very hard to believe. I've just now got into the softball so I'm not sure on that one but also hard to believe.

warriorfan79
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfan79 »

Jottings... I cant answer that one either. But I'm with Scoop on this one.... Hard to believe. But on to the latest. Warriors just topped the Athens Bulldogs at Athens by a score of 9-0 !!! TP Pitched all 7 innings for the win. Our bats definately stayed HOT !!!
Another Great TEAM effort.

swingline
Waterboy

Post by swingline »

Jottings wrote:WarrenWarriors posters

If I'm not mistaken, I don't believe Gallipolis has ever won a baseball game at Warren Local since WLHS joined the SEOAL in 1985-86.

Too, I don't believe the Blue Angels have ever won at Warren.

Can a Warrior poster check on that? Maybe Cap'n Scoop, Everbody or Warrior 08, etc?

I don't know about SEOAL play, but Gallia beat Warren at Warren in the sectional tournament in 2003 (or 2004). I remember it was a pretty big upset; Gallia was winless in the league that season and Warren was pretty decent.

EVERYBODY
Riding the Bench

Post by EVERYBODY »

What a week ! Three tough teams and three wins with three different pitchers. We're more than a two pitcher team. A TEAM that has fun and works together. Four sophmores, four juniors and one senior and three more juniors coming off the bench. WARRIORS 9 - ATHENS 0 at Athens, and they pitched Chapman.
Ok ok I know we still have games left and the SEOAL championship on Wed. the 5th,but OOOOAH WAY TO PLAY BOYS IN BLUE . JOTTINGS its just a baseball game, played on a baseball field, by baseball players . Your baseball players and ours probably dont care about the past seasons, their just having fun with the here and now of playing the game itself. Your competition is not always the other team it's the game of baseball itself and becoming a team. So all we can do is show up and watch and enjoy. There's no curse ,I swear, I think. Some hear drums coming from the woods at night though. :lol: ;-) :122248
Last edited by EVERYBODY on Sun May 02, 2010 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Team chemistry in a positive enviroment can go a long way. Keep it up Blue!

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

For the first time in a long time, folks, the Warren baseball and softball teams will both be playing for the league title in the same season. Not to mention, they're both playing on the same night, both at home!

Wednesday May 5: tell all your friends. Come watch Warren win some SEOAL titles! Donation buckets for the WHS Relay for Life will also be out in full force. Let's Go Big Blue!

Baseball team...chemistry...amazing stuff

Farr
Riding the Bench

Post by Farr »

Seedings...

Warren, Athens, Gallia, Unioto, Waverly, Vinton COunty, Marietta, Jackson, Chilli

Warren plays winner of Chilli/Jackson on May 10th.....the winner of that game will play the Winner of Unioto/Waverly on May 13th....both of which would be home games for Warren....

First thing first , Warren plays this Wednesday at home for the SEOAL CHAMPIONSHIP against Gallia.......

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Coach Farr, GOOD LUCK with the SEOAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME this Wednesday Nite Against Gallia. Go Big BLUE!!!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Congrats on a GREAT season . . . and it's not over yet!

Good luck in the SEOAL championship game Wednesday! The Warrior nation is behind you!

Big, Bad, Blue.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis has been idle since last Wednesday's 6-2 setback at Meigs because of rainouts.

Last night's game against Logan was called off early Monday morning. They usually wait until 1 p.m., to call games off. We were over to Memorial Field around 10:30 a.m. and noon, and it looked like with a little bit of work, both fields could have been ready for Monday evening's boys and girls games.

Another reason the new fields should have been ready to play on this spring.

Looks like the way things are going, they might not even be able to run track or play tennis out there next year. What a mess. Somebody should be held responsible. No excuses.

They should have respected Mr. Eastman's huge gifts more than they have, meaning the BOE and administrative officials. Who was the project engineer for these projects?

warriorfan79
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfan79 »

Jottings... what does that have to do with the Warren Warriors Baseball Program?... Just Askin...Not that I dont sympathise with you... See you tomorrow night

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Warrior 79-If we would have been in our new facilities, we would not have had four games called off this spring because of bad weather.

Memorial Field has been a swamp the past 60 years. It has flooded more than 140 times since 1950.

The Warriors played over the weekend. GAHS hasn't played since last Wednesday. That should give the Warriors an advantage going into Wednesday's DOC game.

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Do u consider over the weekend Saturday and Sunday? If u do, we didn't play Saturday because of the prom. Our last game was a Friday nite drubbing ( 9 - 0 ) at Athens which improved our overall record to 17 and 3 and a #1 seed in the South sectional tournament coming up. Hey, Good luck to u and yours tomorrow nite at the Warrior Home. Should be a good game with 80 degree weather. Drive safely.

warriorfan79
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfan79 »

Jottings... As sportsfan said we haven't played since Friday ... so Both teams should be well rested. and maybe Rusty. In any case, I didnt mean anything by my last post. We've had some games canceled due to weather this spring also. everyone has.. Looks like a great evening for baseball... good luck to you guys..

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

This will be my first trip to Warren for a baseball game. Have seen all the football and basketball games at Warren since the Warriors joined the SEOAL. GAHS 4-Ever said the baseball and softball fields are over the hill behind the school.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Good Luck Warriors!!! What time do the games start?

warriorfan79
Riding the Bench

Post by warriorfan79 »

5:00 and yes the fields are behind the gym and up on the hill from the football field.

Return to “Baseball”