SOC2 2010 Predictions and thoughts

SOC 2 Poll

Total votes: 0

Texas Pete
Waterboy

SOC2 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by Texas Pete »

Wheelersburg is always the team to beat.
Nw, Valley, and West will battle for the number 2 spot

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Re: Who wins SOC 2

Post by Underdog2006 »

Should be a very tight race.

swbaseballfan
All State

Re: SOC2 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by swbaseballfan »

its gonna be a tighter race this year than it has been in recent years...wheelersburg is probobly the team to beat, but dont count valley out, they are gonna be as good as anyone, after those 2 teams it can be a toss up

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Burgs the team to beat no doubt...Northwest are the front runners to contend in my opinion.

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

Also heard that Jason Wright (Former South Webster and Jackson coach) will be coaching at Oak Hill. Good luck with that program.

My picks:

Wheelersburg (Team to beat until they are dethroned as champions)
Valley (Very young last year, look for them to be really good this year)
Waverly (Lost a couple of nice players, but they are always solid.)
Northwest (Could be a sleeper)
South Webster (Don't count out the Jeeps, good nucleus returning)
West (Not sure what they have returning)
Minford (Still have the Oesch kid, but still rebuilding)
Oak Hill ( New coach, but not new players. Give them time)

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

Regulator wrote:Also heard that Jason Wright (Former South Webster and Jackson coach) will be coaching at Oak Hill. Good luck with that program.

My picks:

Wheelersburg (Team to beat until they are dethroned as champions)
Valley (Very young last year, look for them to be really good this year)
Waverly (Lost a couple of nice players, but they are always solid.)
Northwest (Could be a sleeper)
South Webster (Don't count out the Jeeps, good nucleus returning)
West (Not sure what they have returning)
Minford (Still have the Oesch kid, but still rebuilding)
Oak Hill ( New coach, but not new players. Give them time)

i am glad to hear Jason is going back to coaching...i played under him for his full 4 year stint at south webster and i can tell you first hand that his coaching skill is 2nd to none, one of the best there has ever been in my opinion. best of luck....funny thing is i talked to him last year and asked him when he was gonna get back in the saddle and he said he may be done for good that the daily grind was getting to him in the past, but a baseball guy like him just cant stay away!!!

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Regulator-Remember, last years conference crown was a tie..both Burg & Waverly.

Burg, Waverly, and Valley will battle it out this year, I could see any of these 3 teams winning the conference. The rest of the of the teams I look to be pretty even, no doubt about it burg,waverly, and valley are going to be the class of the soc this year.

The_Legend_of_Northwest
All State

Post by The_Legend_of_Northwest »

Out of all the teams in SOC 2 (exception maybe to Webster) Northwest lost the least amout of players in 3.

Spencer - shortstop will be the hardest one to replace.
Thompson - Right Fielder number of players could take over for him.
Montavon - DH, was the team captain for 2 years.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, until some team knocks the Pirates off as SOC champions, they are the favored team.

Waverly should be good again.

Valley has Coach Schuler and his kids always come to compete and get better as the season goes on each year.

Any one of these 3 teams can win the SOC in 2010. Gotta have some luck on your side and no major injuries to key personnel.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

West lost Bricker (agruably the best pitcher in the Soc), Journey (one of the best shortstops), Morgan, Swords, and Bartlett...They get back good players Murphy, Rawlins, Knittel...they also have some sophomore that should step up like Adam Bricker (Alfie's brother, also a pitcher), and Taye Bailey (also a pitcher)...We will have 4 pitchers that have a start, but all four of these kids had their stuggles last year, and always had Alfie there to dig them out of a jam...they won't have that this year...I think Murphy will step it up and become a good ace, as will Knittel...I think the two sophomores have the most potiental though, both looked real good at times last year...I think they will have bad games as most young pitchers do, but I they both could be really good...as far as hitting they should be a good team at the plate Rawlins was the #2 hitter and will probably move to leadoff and Murphy was the #5 hitter and will probably move to the clean-up spot...for West it will be all about filling the spots as role players and they some kids back like Jordan and Kenyon that can do this...I think they could finish in the upper half of the league or close to it, becaues we finally have good coaching...Rapp is one of the best around

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

As a Minford fan and alum I'll give little overview of Minford for the upcoming. Last year they were somewhat young team,6 four year varsity seniors will do that to a team. They graduated two seniors I believe with one that played a considerate amount of time. I think just off the top of my head last year Minford started 1 sr, 3 jrs, 4 sophs and 1 freshman,with a little tweaking here and there. They return 2 experienced pitchers in Justin Miller and Aaron Oesch. Look for juniors Brandon Lore and Henry Allen to provide quality innings as well as sophomore Tyler Sanford. Not saying this team will win the SOC but I believe they will be in the mix and could upset some teams.

SOC Predictions:
1 A) Burg-Coach Estep runs a excellent program over there, they dont rebuild they reload,course that is the story with Burg in everything.
2. A) Waverly- They lose Roberson and Teeters but retain Martin and Roback
3. Valley- Schuler always has his team playing baseball, you better beat this team early in the season because they ALWAYS get better before seasons end. Proved that to me my senior year.
4-5-6 Can go with Minford, South Webster and Northwest in any order. Dont know much about the Jeeps or Mohawks
6. West- Return some talent but lost ALOT more.
7. Oak Hill- New coach will have them playing ball but still not there.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

I heard Roback isn't playing.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

What you heard is wrong.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

roundingthird wrote:What you heard is wrong.

Well, I have heard he said something about it. He said he wasn't paying. I heard it from someone at the school. They asked him and he said he wasn't.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Roback is going to Cincinnati to play football and will start in March. So it looks like his baseball career is over.

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

That is a BIG blow to Waverly with that empty CF spot along with the power from the plate. Who do they have to fill that in? But I wish him the best of luck at UC! Congrats Derek!

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Very true Trivium, will put a dent in Waverly's lineup.
DJ Howard, Ryan Tackett, and I look for the transfer Deweese to be a candidate to fill the outfield void left by Roback. Congrats to Derek on his accomplishment!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

So Deweese will still be at Waverly? I heard he was going back to Eastern to play baseball.

deweese3
Riding the Bench

Post by deweese3 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:So Deweese will still be at Waverly? I heard he was going back to Eastern to play baseball.

Nope. im staying at Waverly

Eagle12
Freshman Team

Post by Eagle12 »

It would have been nice to have Nate at Eastern, for he would have been a big asset and leader to our program. He is a fine young man and has great work ethics when he puts his mind to it. He is very talented and he will be a great added asset to the Tigers program. Just be happy in what ever you do Nate. I wish you the best this season and please keep in touch.

Coach Martin

Return to “Baseball”