TVC-Ohio 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Re: TVC-Ohio 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by goldenboy »

Well said 93Bulldog, But I think Wellston will win because of their great defense and they do have some great bats on this team! Can't wait for the season to start and let the boys battle it out on the field!

belpreboy92
Freshman Team

Post by belpreboy92 »

Athens and Wellston will be tough. IMO it will be a battle between Belpre and those two for the title. Waderker is prolly the fastest kid in the tvc at lead-off. Ullman and Tate are gret ball players and Tyler Watkins who IMO is the best hitter in the league. He was a close second for MVP as a SOPHMORE. Tate is throwing in the low to mid 80's so they have some weapons this year. Cant wait.

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

Watkins may have a good bat, but I think ryan darnell has the best bat in the league!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Andy Grillo can knock the ball around pretty good.

@nd_1
Freshman Team

Post by @nd_1 »

goldenboy, maybe you should do a little less talking on here, and a little more practicing baseball for the upcoming season. 8)

i'm sure wellston will battle for the league, BUT athens IS the defending champs, so the championship does run through them.

and this is coming from a rocket fan.. go blue!

goldenboy
Freshman Team

Post by goldenboy »

@nd 1, I dnt play baseball just have close friends on the team and support them unlike a lot of people around here! haha
Go rockets bring the tvc home!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Sounds like the TVC-Ohio will have some heavy hitters this season .. that's awesome ... I know Doug Chapman (1B) for Athens was cracking 'em over the fence late in the spring and all through the summer ... In the Bulldogs sectional game last year versus Galllia - He connected on one of those blasts where the outfielder just kind of stood their and watched as it flew out of the park ... There was no need for any effort to even try and run in that direction ... the pitchers head went straight down - as did the infielders - and Chapman didn't even leave the batters box as everyone else just kind of stood there too in Awe.

I know he got a lot stronger since last year, he was a starting tackle on a (9-1) fotball team ... HE was like one of their main guys up front, which caused him to leave the Athens Legion team 3/4 of the way through the season jut so he could focus on getting BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER.

All the extra weight/strength can work for a baseball player - or sometimes it hurts them if they lose mobility, quickness ... I just hope Doug understands that and is ready for the season.

BTW .. I NEED BASEBALL SCHEDULES A.S.A.P!!!!)

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

What happened in NY with baseball? They were always decent but it would go in spurts. I know we had the talent to win the TVC and go deep into the playoffs when I played, but a lot of guys quit playing sports as the year would wind down. Lot of guys played football, some stopped playing basketball/wrestling, and then not many played baseball/ran track. I know the summer baseball at NY was top notch in the 80s / 90s, how is it now?

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

It's been down for quite some time now, but they've got a great core group of players this year...and have some decent players coming up through. They've been working really hard the past few weeks...hopefully it pays off. A winning record this year would be huge for morale.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I do not pretend to know anything about NY baseball over the past 10 years, I was more asking as a question as to why baseball is not more popular in Nelsonville While I know that football is the true passion in the NY area, baseball was definitely right behind growing up. Just as I posted above it seems that the school has trouble keeping kids interested in coming out for sports as the school year goes on. NY definitely has some talent from the group I saw on Sunday and some decent pitching! I love the guys they have coaching who care more about kids than anything else and are willing to do more than just coach those kids. NY (just like most teams) needs to play with passion and learn to control their emotions. Baseball is a game that can be enjoyed if you make the decision to make it fun! Get involved in each play and learn the little things that make it fun! Good luck Bucks!

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

You are right about football being the school's passion (with good cause...they are always very successful), but I think we saw a decline in baseball popularity after a few losing seasons. Nobody likes to play for a losing team, so that makes a lot of kids not want to come out for the baseball team. What they fail to realize is...The more athletes we have come out, the more successful we can be. A winning season this year will catch some kids' attention and will hopefully bring more out for tryouts next season. Coach Robey and Cox are doing a great job with the players this year. They are learning a lot...now we just need to get them used to winning!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The big problem is that it is hard to keep the kids playing baseball after 12 years old. As a pee Wee coach I see how it thins out as the kids move up in age group. We never have enough kids for a 9-10 Y.O. league so they get thrown in with the 11-12 Y.O. kids and they don't get to play as much as they should and they loose interest. Numbers are starting to come up at the youth level so I am hopeful that this will help make NY baseball competitive again. My advice for NY baseball fans is to get involved in our Rec. League, Show our kids that you support them and that baseball is important. I think That NY baseball will be a much improved team this year. I think that a .500 season isn't out of the question.

Nybucks70-80
Varsity

Post by Nybucks70-80 »

Many kids don't want to play if they think they wont get a chance to play. In a way I wish they had brought in coach's from out of the area. I know of 4 kids who would have played if they thought they would have got an even chance to play. My son said he would not play because they already knew who would be playing center field and other positions even before the season started. I feel that he could have won a spot, but it was up to him. These new coach's will get things turned around and will win the TVC within the next 3 years!

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Yea...I can guarantee you...the best players (and the hardest working) will play. Coach Robey and Cox are very fair and they are great teachers. They are there to win and rebuild the tradition at Nelsonville-York...If there are better people to do it, I've yet to meet them.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Talk about opening the season with a bang ... MARCH 30TH ... Athens and Wellston lock horns in Wellston ... It serves as the season and legue opener for the Bulldogs; Wellston opens its season the day before in Miller.

ALL SCHEDULES ARE NOW UPLOADED ON trivalleyconference.com

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

nybucks70-80 wrote:Many kids don't want to play if they think they wont get a chance to play. In a way I wish they had brought in coach's from out of the area. I know of 4 kids who would have played if they thought they would have got an even chance to play. My son said he would not play because they already knew who would be playing center field and other positions even before the season started. I feel that he could have won a spot, but it was up to him. These new coach's will get things turned around and will win the TVC within the next 3 years!

I agree 100%!!!!

stoleit_2711
Waterboy

Post by stoleit_2711 »

How is Meigs this year? Haven't heard too much about them, they usually compete each year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I don't know about the Marauders either ... but sure would like to have their schedule!

Rocket50
Freshman Team

Post by Rocket50 »

Wellston and Athens will battle it out for the league title! We may even see Alexander sneak into the picture!

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Meigs is rarely talked about, but always solid. They just have some serious baseball players down there. They might not look the most fundamentally sound, but they get it done.

Return to “Baseball”