LEFTY-------Donson Dearth--------

JoeGatto
JV Team

Re: LEFTY-------Donson Dearth--------

Post by JoeGatto »

Bird....how can you call me blind when you weren't even at the game to see for yourself how hard LU's two lefty's were throwing? It seems to me that you don't want anyone other than Dearth to succeed, and that's a shame. I've given Dearth all kinds of credit and props for his pitching but you refuse to acknowledge that anyone other than him is any good.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

rope....better read what I said.....you being blind has nothing to do with the L.U. lefty's....you are the one that stated my quotes...and last time I checked this post I started and it was for Donson and not liberty Union....if you want start a post on them. As far as saying buckeye 4 didn't have a gun at the game...That's the second time you called someone a liar.....so if your going to be negative on this post then find another one to beliddle people...this post is about Donson and not you or I ....NEVER DID I SAY ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR LEFTY'S AND THINK YOU A LITTLE BIT JEALOUS......and as far as buckeye 4 goes he gave your pitcher quite a compliment on saying he clocked him at 87.....but look again at top of post and who it was started for...... :shock: :-D :!: this is my last response to you .....bird78

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

LOL it is amazing how people can take things on here so far out of context and completely blow them way out of proportion. I didn't call anybody a liar about the radar gun. All I said was that I didn't see anyone there with one, that doesn't mean I don't believe buckeye4. And as far as being jealous...why would I? The goal of everyone involved with high school sports should be to promote student athletes. Dearth seems like a nice young man with a good head on his shoulders. Again, I said Dearth did a good job against LU and I said he has good control and command and isn't afraid to go after hitters. When I said speed doesn't mean anything unless you have control, I was referring to the fact that Dearth had good control and the LU pitchers didn't. I think you need to take a deep breath and calm down. I don't have anything against your son, nephew, grandson, or whatever relation he is to you. I've never said anything bad about you or Dearth. You are the one that resorted to personal attacks, not me. If you think that me saying he doesn't throw in the mid 80's is something negative toward him, that's not the case. Whether he does or doesn't is pointless because speed isn't everything. His offspeed stuff is more impressive anyway.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Hey whats happening bird. I'm glad to see Donson is having a good season so far.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

nerkfan...........not too much huntin shrooms and fishin.....yep Donson doing great :!: hows you son doing bet he's having a good year too......let me know how his season's going..... :shock: :-D :!:

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

He's having a pretty good year, he's been solid behind the plate. The bats is another story but it's coming around.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

he'll come around with bat.....heard they got pretty good team too....might be hooking up against Fisher in playoffs...wish Xavier well from ole bird......got some stats on ''DANGEROUS'' in 41 innings he has 42 strikeouts to just 8 walks....his record is still 4-1 1.59 era with 5 complete games......good luck Donson and Xavier in your guys junior year and tear them up in playoff if Fisher-Newark Catholic hook up ----I'll be there......bird..... :shock: :-D :!:

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

there are about 4-5 pitchers in the SOC II with numbers like that, and thats just the ones i know of for sure

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Those stats are better than any of the pitchers on my sons team.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Donson pitched yet another complete gem against Licking Heights,striking out 8 and walking none 8) Donson also helped his own cause by stroking a single and a double as the Irish remain in first place with a convincing 7-3 victory....Donson had total command of his pitches and had his curve a snapping,raising his record to 5-1 on the season.....Donson will pitch next against Danville monday at Beavers Field.....GET E'M ''DANGEROUS''.........NICE OUTING....... :shock: :-D :!:

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

update on Donson......Donson pitched against Danville in the Irish first tourney game and went 5 innings for the victory ----to raise his record to 6-1 and the Irish go to 17-4...8) Dangerous had 6 ko's but had 2 balks called .......Donson will be pitching againt the Rockets of Berne Union to wrap up first place in M.S.L. come thursday.....GET'EM,,,,,,,DANGEROUS....make it 7-1.......GO LEFTY....... :shock: :-D :!:

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Donson was brought in a 0-0 game in the Irish second tourney game and bring his record to a glowing 7-1......Donson pitched friday cause the Berne Union game was rained out....he had 4 k's and hit a couple batters in 3 innings of work ...but will get to face the Rockets come Monday at Dublin Jerome Field.....with the winner facing the Newark Cathlic- Worthington Christian for the sectional crown.....Fisher Catholic 18-4 vs Berne Union 18-8.......should be a dandy..........................................GOOD LUCK ...........DANGEROUS :shock: :-D :!:

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

Actually that would be for the District crown, not the sectional.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

Donson pitched the Irish of Fisher Catholic to the District Finals 8) going 6 1/3 innings striking out 6 and walking 1 batter........Donson also got the save.....after leaving the game with a 7-4 lead.....The Rockets got 3 hits and had 2 runners on and with the Irish clinging to a 7-5 lead.....Dangerous comes back and gets the final out for the win and the save.....that one don't happen to often :122246 Dangerous also got a single and a double and was named player of game by the radio station covering the game....90.9 out of Lancaster......the Irish will tackle Newark Catholic in Wednesday's final....a 11-2 winner over Worthington Christian.......here are Dangerous stats for the year........66 innings pitched giving up 55 hits ......stricking out 72 with only 9 walks....a 8-1 record with a 1.89 ERA.....THESE STATS EARNED DONSON .......first team all-mid-state[cardinal] pitcher........first team all-central district[pitcher] WAY TO GO ''DANGEROUS DELIVERY'' DEARTH ;-) Donson still has 3 innings left to pitch so hopefully the Irish can either start him or bring in relief to face Newark Catholic......Donson will also pitch the final regular season game against the Rockets on friday......trying to bring home a tie for championship of cardinal division with Grandview Heights........... GO LEFTY..............SHOW E'M WHAT YA GOT.................................................................GOOD LUCK.......bird78........ :shock: :-D :!:

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

My son stayed for the game Monday and he said Donson looked pretty good on the mound. He said he hit the ball well.

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

tell Xavier bird says hi and Good Luck......wednesday ought to be a DANDY......... :shock: :-D :!:

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Are you going to be there bird?

bird78
Varsity

Post by bird78 »

no......ole bird country boy.......... get lost in big city but will have on 90.9 on fm dial....will be listening......wish Xavier and Donson the Best.......bird78 :shock: :-D :!:

reece40
Waterboy

Post by reece40 »

hey bird, does donson play summer ball and for who.

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Last year Donson played for Lancaster Post 11. I assume he's playing for them again.

Return to “Baseball”