Zanesville 11 Newark 0 Thursday 4/2

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Zanesville 11 Newark 0 Thursday 4/2

Post by bluedevilpride »

Zanesville takes advantage of Newark mistakes and wins big again 11-0 in 5 Innings. Colten Maxwell hits HR in the fifth to open the floodgates for the Blue Devils. The Blue Devils have hit at least 1 HR in each game and scrimmage this season and also have 2 successful squeeze bunts. Proving that they can win with the long ball or by playing small ball.

Kurt Young (JR) gets the win for the Devils working 4 innings allowing 3 hits and 3 BB with 3 k's. He is not overpowering but he doesn't walk many and allows his defense to play behind him. The Devils committed 0 errors in the field to 7 by the Wildcats.

Next up Marietta @ ZHS on 4/3 weather permitting. I would guess we will see Brockmeier in this one so I am excited to see how the 2 teams stack up.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Re: Zanesville 11 Newark 0 Thursday 4/2

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

PPD to Monday, big guy. Yes, that should be a great matchup. I suspect Wade's going for us, too.

What was the reaction of the Nerk folks after that beat-down?

bluedevilpride
Riding the Bench

Post by bluedevilpride »

I heard 2 students give the F@$# Zanesville chant on their way out during the team huddle in left. Always classy move for the Licking County faithful. However I did see a Newark adult fan rip them a new one after the fact saying we beat them straight up and that we deserved more respect than that.
So all and all most were impressed with how clean a game Zanesville played and commented about how good teams take advantage of all opportunities which we most certainly did last night. 10 stolen bases and a squeeze bunt plus countless 1st to 3rd or 2nd to home situations really pushed the envelope last night. We forced a lot of bad decisions by asserting ourselves and being very aggressive on the bases.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Newark is in for a long season.

They are the only school in Licking County that charges to get into the games.

Return to “Baseball”