This Volleyball Forum Is Dead

Super trooper
All State

This Volleyball Forum Is Dead

Post by Super trooper »

Lets get some conversation going. Whos the teams to beat? We have the usuals, Vinton County, Gallia Academy, Nelsonville is starting to hit their stride. South Webster has to be a contender for D4 right? Trimble has had a great year so far. Who are some underrated teams that could make a run?

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Re: This Volleyball Forum Is Dead

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

I wouldn’t call Vinton County a usual, but it’s nice to see that program moving up. Adena seems to be back on top of the SVC with Westfall re-emerging as a long tournament runner ( potentially ) and Huntington should push district title with a loaded roster from what I can tell. Hard to evaluate from just reading scores and posts, darn covid. Wheelersburg and South Webster seem to be the big dawgs from the south. Gallia Academy has been a program for decades just a soft schedule comes back to bite them in years post SEOAL. Miami Trace is starting to make a ripple but the FAC has zero challenges to push them. Circleville is the real deal and Teas Valley is catching my interest. Thanks Super Trooper I still read SE preps but yoU are correct this volleyball forum is on life support compared to years past.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

South Webster and Burg square off again tonight. Should be a battle as Webster took the first contest in four sets. Both programs have had great years. I look for Webster to make a deep run in the tournament. Burg has the potential too as well, but they'll have to get by several quality SVC schools.

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

HUGE SOC game tonight between Burg and Webster!!!!! Here are the records/schedules to this point for both schools:

South Webster (D-IV) - 14-0

Valley W 3-0
Waverly W 3-0
Notre Dame W 3-0
Wheelersburg W 3-1
Eastern (Beaver) W 3-0
Oak Hill W 3-0
Minford W 3-0
Alexander W 3-1
Gallia Academy W 3-0
Portsmouth West W 3-0
Northwest W 3-0
Eastern (Beaver) W 3-0
Vinton County W 3-2
Valley W 3-0

Wheelersburg (D-III) - 10-1

Portsmouth West W 3-0
Fairfield Leesburg W 3-0
South Webster L 1-3
Waverly W 3-0
Northwest W 3-0
Jackson W 3-0
Oak Hill W 3-0
Eastern (Beaver) W 3-0
Minford W 3-0
Zane Trace W 3-0
Portsmouth West W 3-0

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Big game! Doesn’t seem to have been many so far. I think Alexander and Nelsonville play next week sometime. That’s a big game for both programs as there is currently a 3 way tie in the Ohio

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

Burg won 3-1. It's a shame there can't be a rubber match between these two schools.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Were the 4 games yesterday competitive?

Sidethrower
Waterboy

Post by Sidethrower »

I heard they were except from the first one.

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

The scores were 25-18, 25-19, 17-25, 25-22. They were competitive. The Jeeps played super tight in the first two sets and with little energy or communication. Credit to Burg for that. In sets three and four, they played much better. They led the entire third set. In set four they dug an early hole down 13-17 at one point, but they were able to tie it at 19. They were tied again at 21-21, but the Jeeps committed two unforced errors. They had their chance to strike but failed to do so.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

When you continue to play good teams like it seems South Webster has done, you aren’t always going to play their best. Their schedule will treat them well come tournament time

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Super trooper wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:58 pm When you continue to play good teams like it seems South Webster has done, you aren’t always going to play their best. Their schedule will treat them well come tournament time
Good luck to both teams going forward, represent.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Volleyball”