SVC 2020

cactus
Waterboy

SVC 2020

Post by cactus »

Adena starts out the season with a big win over Paint Valley. By looking at the results of last night I'd predict Westfall and Adena to battle it out for the top spot.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Re: SVC 2020

Post by HotDogSoftball »

cactus wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:51 am Adena starts out the season with a big win over Paint Valley. By looking at the results of last night I'd predict Westfall and Adena to battle it out for the top spot.
I would throw Huntington in there.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:47 pm
cactus wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:51 am Adena starts out the season with a big win over Paint Valley. By looking at the results of last night I'd predict Westfall and Adena to battle it out for the top spot.
Huntington over ZT 3-1 tonight.

Basye is just beyond all other players in the league. She has some help in Steele, Hirsch, and others this year.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:15 pm
HotDogSoftball wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:47 pm
Huntington over ZT 3-1 tonight.

Basye is just beyond all other players in the league. She has some help in Steele, Hirsch, and others this year.
Huntington looks to be strong. Wondered how the chemistry would be with the Basye situation, but it seems to be fine.

redchair
Waterboy

Post by redchair »

The best team in the league is Westfall. Phillips and Mullens are probably the best two hitters in the league.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Basye is POY in VB and BB

Only a few hitters jump and fly into the kill.
Most hitters in league stand and jump straight up and hit it...Basye, Steel, Phillips, and the Scott girl at ZT is impressive. Basye best in league.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:46 pm Basye is POY in VB and BB

Most hitters in league stand and jump straight up and hit it...Basye, Steel, Phillips, and the Scott girl at ZT is impressive. Basye best in league.
I think Pierce (U) and Mullins (WF) should be included in that list. Those two and Phillips are the best 3 hitters in the league that I've seen.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Had the pleasure to watch the Westfall-Huntington match tonight. Two solid volleyball teams. Phillips is Phillips and one of the top players in the conference. Extremely solid all-around. Really impressed with the continued development of Mullins, not only at the net, but becoming a complete volleyball player. That's quite a duo with Phillips and Mullins.

Basye is just a special athlete and Huntington has a nice, scrappy team that can cover a lot of ground on the floor.

Going to be a battle with those top 4-5 teams in the conference. Also may come down to who Southeastern can potentially beat out of the current top four teams.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

redchair wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:37 am The best team in the league is Westfall. Phillips and Mullens are probably the best two hitters in the league.
Not so fast, Adena handles Westfall tonight.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall is good, but the difference for Adena normally is how well its back row plays with serve-receive and passing. They transition quick from defense to offense and that makes their middles even better. A team is going to have to step up and at least come close to matching that to defeat Adena.

Some more big matches on Tuesday to stay within striking distance of the Warriors, including Zane Trace coming to Westfall.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Adena takes control with an undefeated first round of league play!

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Basye our for the season. Heard she was hurt a couple weeks ago

Unioto 3-9 in the league! Wow. Guess Miss Huntington was not the answer.

Zane Trace up and down...still impressed with the Scott kid.

Huntington....does not look good for the remainder of the season for them.

SE seems to be coming on stronger

PV seems to be bottom tier again

Piketon....well, another Ex-Huntington hope coach not having much luck.

Westfall/Adena will battle for this next match up for outright league championship.

Weird season...

#Girlsrule
Riding the Bench

Post by #Girlsrule »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:03 am

Basye our for the season. Heard she was hurt a couple weeks ago

Unioto 3-9 in the league! Wow. Guess Miss Huntington was not the answer.

Zane Trace up and down...still impressed with the Scott kid.

Huntington....does not look good for the remainder of the season for them.

SE seems to be coming on stronger

PV seems to be bottom tier again

Piketon....well, another Ex-Huntington hope coach not having much luck.

Westfall/Adena will battle for this next match up for outright league championship.

Weird season...
Hope Basye is okay. I know basketball is her true love and she's quite impressive. While I think she's a good volleyball player and a tremendous athlete, I think there are better, more disciplined volleyball players in the SVC. Not a knock on her...just my thoughts.

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Will this impact Basye's basketball season? Or is she just being safe and not risking further injury?

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Realist wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:08 am Will this impact Basye's basketball season? Or is she just being safe and not risking further injury?
Sounds like she's hoping to be back for volleyball tournaments, so it doesn't seem like it will affect b-ball.

Return to “Volleyball”