SVC 2019

cactus
Waterboy

Re: SVC 2019

Post by cactus »

Saw the ZT - Adena game last night. I was expecting a much better game. Adena looked really good. They could definitely knock off Westfall tomorrow night if they play like that again.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Westfall in the drivers seat. 2 games up on Adena and Zane trace. If They take care of Trace next week, this league race may be over after the first round. Don't think many saw this coming. Congrats on the fine start.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

KRS wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 pm Westfall in the drivers seat. 2 games up on Adena and Zane trace. If They take care of Trace next week, this league race may be over after the first round. Don't think many saw this coming. Congrats on the fine start.
Definitely in the drivers seat, but they still have to travel to ZT, SE, Unioto, and Adena.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

se-alum wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:12 pm
KRS wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:27 pm Westfall in the drivers seat. 2 games up on Adena and Zane trace. If They take care of Trace next week, this league race may be over after the first round. Don't think many saw this coming. Congrats on the fine start.
Definitely in the drivers seat, but they still have to travel to ZT, SE, Unioto, and Adena.

I agree WF is looking good.

Adena and Huntington can win at anytime. Piketon is now looking better every game. And Zane Trace must be running out of gas with several losses in the league.

I think Huntington is deeper than most thought, but only playing 7 to maybe 8 players per match which is a good thing.

Unioto is playing 12-14 kids per set and appears to be lost.

SouthEastern has a good coach and can get his kids to rise to the big games, but cannot be consistent every game.

Paint Valley has a long way to go, but the Smith girl #2 is pretty much all they have.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:32 pm

Adena and Huntington can win at anytime. Piketon is now looking better every game. And Zane Trace must be running out of gas with several losses in the league.

I think Huntington is deeper than most thought, but only playing 7 to maybe 8 players per match which is a good thing.

SouthEastern has a good coach and can get his kids to rise to the big games, but cannot be consistent every game.

Paint Valley has a long way to go, but the Smith girl #2 is pretty much all they have.
Lockwood back for SE should make them a more consistent team.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Skylar Hice and Lexie Lockwood of SE both join SVC Sports Talk this week to talk about SE's improved play . . .

http://dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/s ... talk091619

redchair
Waterboy

Post by redchair »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:32 pm

I agree with most of what you say.

Westfall has looked the best fro what I've seen with a dominant hitter and several good role players.

Adena has lots a talent and a very good coach.

Huntington lets their players get in a good rhythm by not playing too many. Southeastern has done better since going to a 5-1 with Cooper. They both benefit from this. Like you said, Unioto appears lost because there are too many are playing. They need to do what Huntington and SE have done.

Zane Trace started strong, but doesn't seem to be as good as what they showed in week 1.

Again, Smith from PV is really good, but they lack height. Piketon continues to improve and I do believe they will get a league win this year.

cactus
Waterboy

Post by cactus »

Looks like Westfall has the league wrapped up pretty much. Adena has an outside shot, but would need some help that they probably won’t get.

I was very surprised by this season. Thought Unioto and Southeastern would be much better given the talent they have. Adena did about what I expected, as did Zane Trace, Paint Valley and Piketon. Huntington was a little better than I thought they’d be and, of course, Westfall was much better than I predicted.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

westfall has played awesome this year never saw that happening .they can pretty much lock it down tonight with a victory over a lost unioto team adena needs help if unioto can pull the upset tonight this sets up showdown in frankfort

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

cactus wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:47 am Looks like Westfall has the league wrapped up pretty much. Adena has an outside shot, but would need some help that they probably won’t get.

I was very surprised by this season. Thought Unioto and Southeastern would be much better given the talent they have. Adena did about what I expected, as did Zane Trace, Paint Valley and Piketon. Huntington was a little better than I thought they’d be and, of course, Westfall was much better than I predicted.
Adena got the help they needed it’s now up to Adena to beat Westfall for a tie for first place.

Unioto messed up Tuesday losing 3-0 to Huntington and turn around and won 3-0 tonight over Westfall.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:04 pm
cactus wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:47 am Looks like Westfall has the league wrapped up pretty much. Adena has an outside shot, but would need some help that they probably won’t get.

Adena got the help they needed it’s now up to Adena to beat Westfall for a tie for first place.

Unioto messed up Tuesday losing 3-0 to Huntington and turn around and won 3-0 tonight over Westfall.
Adena also has to beat Unioto...so they have a tough way to go, but will help them in tournament play.

cactus
Waterboy

Post by cactus »

Not too surprised to see Unioto beat Westfall. With that much talent they should be having a much better season than they are. Adena kept pace by beating SE last night. Good game. The big game next Tuesday will be Unioto at Adena. As long as Adena can keep winning it will set up a huge match in Frankfort the last week of the season with Westfall.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

cactus wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:32 pm Not too surprised to see Unioto beat Westfall. With that much talent they should be having a much better season than they are. Adena kept pace by beating SE last night. Good game. The big game next Tuesday will be Unioto at Adena. As long as Adena can keep winning it will set up a huge match in Frankfort the last week of the season with Westfall.
Then what’s the problem with Unioto?

Did Westfall just have a bad game on the road?

I predicted Adena at the beginning of season. We will see. Coach Smith knows how to win.

cactus
Waterboy

Post by cactus »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:12 pm
cactus wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:32 pm Not too surprised to see Unioto beat Westfall. With that much talent they should be having a much better season than they are. Adena kept pace by beating SE last night. Good game. The big game next Tuesday will be Unioto at Adena. As long as Adena can keep winning it will set up a huge match in Frankfort the last week of the season with Westfall.
Then what’s the problem with Unioto?

Did Westfall just have a bad game on the road?

I predicted Adena at the beginning of season. We will see. Coach Smith knows how to win.
I don't know what the problem is with Unioto. The last game I saw them was the Adena game. They won, but I didn't think either team looked impressive. People from Unioto told me that every time Unioto gets momentum that girls sub out so they never get into the flow of the game. I didn't notice, but it's what I was told by some of the U faithful. I just know they have talent and I'm surprised they have lost as many games as they have.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congratulations to the Mustangs, they went under everyone's radar and clinched at least a share of the league title this week, congrats. I picked Adena and they still have an outside shot to share but I figured it would be with either Unioto or Southeastern, who did not live up to the hype. New season begins in a week or so, hopefully this league represents well in the post season. Best of luck to all.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

everything look right here? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82249

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
cactus
Waterboy

Post by cactus »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:02 pm everything look right here? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=82249
Anytime you want to check on SVC vollyball, you can find everything here: http://svcsportszone.com/2019volleyball.html

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

KRS wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:26 pm Congratulations to the Mustangs, they went under everyone's radar and clinched at least a share of the league title this week, congrats. I picked Adena and they still have an outside shot to share but I figured it would be with either Unioto or Southeastern, who did not live up to the hype. New season begins in a week or so, hopefully this league represents well in the post season. Best of luck to all.
Mostly from what I can tell Adena must have some turmoil as well as Unioto. Did Adena really not play their one and only Senior on senior night?

Saw Unioto play Piketon. From what I could tell, they have 4 or 5 seniors that are really good and then it falls off from an athletic standpoint. I think they actually played 11 or 12 kids each game. Pinkerton playing all around? I would think build your team around the best defender in the league. You then only have to coach 5 other players. Cottril is solid all around player. So now you only have to coach 4 other players.

Piketon will be a team to reckon with next year. The coach there is “coaching” and she will get the program in the right direction. They won tonight’s sectional game also. Was good game.

Got to see Westfall play Piketon also and Westfall has Phillips and Williams doing a great job. Only thing is Phillips is one dimensional and great hitter, but not so much passer/defense back row.

Congrats to Paint Valley for winning their Sectional Game Last night.

Piketon will play Adena next. Hope Adena lets their one and only Senior play at least a few minutes.

redchair
Waterboy

Post by redchair »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm
KRS wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:26 pm Congratulations to the Mustangs, they went under everyone's radar and clinched at least a share of the league title this week, congrats. I picked Adena and they still have an outside shot to share but I figured it would be with either Unioto or Southeastern, who did not live up to the hype. New season begins in a week or so, hopefully this league represents well in the post season. Best of luck to all.
Mostly from what I can tell Adena must have some turmoil as well as Unioto. Did Adena really not play their one and only Senior on senior night?

Saw Unioto play Piketon. From what I could tell, they have 4 or 5 seniors that are really good and then it falls off from an athletic standpoint. I think they actually played 11 or 12 kids each game. Pinkerton playing all around? I would think build your team around the best defender in the league. You then only have to coach 5 other players. Cottril is solid all around player. So now you only have to coach 4 other players.

Piketon will be a team to reckon with next year. The coach there is “coaching” and she will get the program in the right direction. They won tonight’s sectional game also. Was good game.

Got to see Westfall play Piketon also and Westfall has Phillips and Williams doing a great job. Only thing is Phillips is one dimensional and great hitter, but not so much passer/defense back row.

Piketon will play Adena next. Hope Adena lets their one and only Senior play at least a few minutes.
Thoughts on this season and looking to next season:
Westfall was the class of the league this year. Kristen Phillips is clearly the most dominant player at the net. Even with Williams graduating, they should still be the favorite next season.

I don't think Adena has turmoil just because they didn't play a senior on senior night. They finished 2nd in a tough league this year. The only team they didn't beat was Unioto, who was pretty loaded and underachieved. I look for them to be a top team in the league again next season.

I don't know when you watched Unioto, but I thought they had some good underclassmen. The seniors on that team didn't look as good as I thought they looked last season when I saw them. They have the potential to be a good team next year.

Huntington will still have Megan Steele and Bayse next year, but the loss of Alyssa Steele will hurt more than people may realize. Who will set for them next year?

Zane Trace doesn't graduate anyone so they should continue to improve. They don't really have any standout players, though, just a lot of good players.

Southeastern loses Hice which will obviously hurt, a lot. However, they did play a lot of sophomores this season so I don't see them dropping off too much.

Paint Valley played a lot of young players. I see them winning 5-7 games next season in the league. I know they have been toward the bottom every year, but with Smith, Brumfield, McFadden and other young players getting older, they can be decent.

Piketon may be better, but I don't see them being a team to be reckoned with next year. I still think they'll be at the bottom.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

redchair wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:06 am
HotDogSoftball wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:04 pm

Thoughts on this season and looking to next season:
Westfall was the class of the league this year. Kristen Phillips is clearly the most dominant player at the net. Even with Williams graduating, they should still be the favorite next season.

I don't think Adena has turmoil just because they didn't play a senior on senior night. They finished 2nd in a tough league this year. The only team they didn't beat was Unioto, who was pretty loaded and underachieved. I look for them to be a top team in the league again next season.

I don't know when you watched Unioto, but I thought they had some good underclassmen. The seniors on that team didn't look as good as I thought they looked last season when I saw them. They have the potential to be a good team next year.

Huntington will still have Megan Steele and Bayse next year, but the loss of Alyssa Steele will hurt more than people may realize. Who will set for them next year?

Zane Trace doesn't graduate anyone so they should continue to improve. They don't really have any standout players, though, just a lot of good players.

Southeastern loses Hice which will obviously hurt, a lot. However, they did play a lot of sophomores this season so I don't see them dropping off too much.

Paint Valley played a lot of young players. I see them winning 5-7 games next season in the league. I know they have been toward the bottom every year, but with Smith, Brumfield, McFadden and other young players getting older, they can be decent.

Piketon may be better, but I don't see them being a team to be reckoned with next year. I still think they'll be at the bottom.
Vinton County over Unioto today in 5.
Let’s just say the seniors for Unioto were not the reason for the loss.

SouthEastern looked real good today. Adena handled the Streaks with ease today. Adena looked strong.

Return to “Volleyball”