Tournament Draw this weekend

jumparound
Freshman Team

Tournament Draw this weekend

Post by jumparound »

Curious to see how the tournament draw works out!

D4 east bracket should be Eastern Beaver seed 1, eastern Reedsville seed2 and Waterford seed3. In the west sectional it should be south Webster seed 1 Over seed 2 Clay because I've seen both teams play and Sw is definitely better. Same records now but Webster always plays n a tough tournament the weekend before the drawing which usually gives them more loses. Therefore coaches put Sw below Clay, which shouldn't happen IMO.

In D3 Adena should get seed 1 in the west and ZT seed 1 in the east. Even though Adena has 9 loses they are sill the best team in their sectional. Guarantee coaches vote them lower than 1 and they end up winning the district.

D2 I think seed 1 is a close race between Waverly and Unioto. Waverly may have a better record but Unioto plays better competition and their record doesn't reflect their talent.

Tournament time is always fun! http://seodab.org/fall-sports/volleyball link to tournament info!

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Tournament Draw this weekend

Post by Black Panther »

Can't Waverly and Unioto both be number ones? I can't see giving someone a 2 just to balance a bracket.Waverly DESERVES a one.And they should get it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

1. Waverly
2. Unioto
3. Athens
4. Marietta
5. Warren
6. Gallia Academy
7. Vinton County
8. Jackson
9. South Point

???

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

Marietta playing well right now. Big wins over New Philly and Dover (ranked all season) recently will make them a tough out for whoever draws them in the tourney.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

Not sure about Unioto, but I have seen most of the teams play and Marietta and Waverly are strong. Although Waverly beat Marietta earlier this year, I would give the nod to Marietta as 1 and waverly 2. I think Gallia and Warren are a toss up and Athens and Unioto are a toss up.

1. Marietta
2. Waverly
3. Athens
4. Unioto
5. Warren
6. Gallia Academy
7. Vinton County
8. Jackson
9. South Point

eagle83
Waterboy

Post by eagle83 »

1. Waverly
2. Marietta (big wins in last week, but did lose to waverly)
3. Unioto (beat chillicothe, stronger schedule)
4. Athens (lost to chillicothe)
5. Gallia (split with warren - toss up)
6. Warren
7. Vinton County
8. Jackson
9. South Point

eagle83
Waterboy

Post by eagle83 »

d2 north

1. Westfall (will be 16-3 if they get 3 wins at london tour on sat.)
2. Washington CH (16-4, real close with Fair Un)
3. Fairfield Union
4. Sheridan
5. Logan Elm

the rest are a big toss up
Miami Trace
McClain
Hillsboro
Circleville
New Lexington

eagle83
Waterboy

Post by eagle83 »

d3 east
1. Zane Trace
2. Alexander
3. Nelsonville York

d3 west

1. Adena (beat Huntington twice, strongest schedule in d3 district)
2. Huntington (big win over zane trace)

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

I don't see how you can give Marietta (15-4) a seed 1 over Waverly (17-1). Waverly has three less losses and Waverly beat them?????

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

jumparound wrote:I don't see how you can give Marietta (15-4) a seed 1 over Waverly (17-1). Waverly has three less losses and Waverly beat them?????
True bu tin that match a 2 out of 3 match on a Saturday, Mariettta did lose one of their middles in the second game when they had a big lead and eventually lost that game when she couldn't return.
Like I said, I figure Marietta will take whatever seed the coaches down south give them and be ready to play.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

eagle83 wrote:d2 north

1. Westfall (will be 16-3 if they get 3 wins at london tour on sat.)
2. Washington CH (16-4, real close with Fair Un)
3. Fairfield Union
4. Sheridan
5. Logan Elm

the rest are a big toss up
Miami Trace
McClain
Hillsboro
Circleville
New Lexington
Fu has to get some consideration for number one. They've played by far the best schedule in a tough league. They gave desales 3 great games and beat Amanda. Plus they won the district last year. They're playing very well

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

After looking at the schedules, there's no comparison at all. Adena is historically good but way Wayyy down. Fu has wins over Heath and division 1 Westerville north(though they aren't very good). Lost by a combined 15 points to #2 desales. Beat Amanda who is very good.
It's always tough for msl school at draws though. I've been in those rooms(for soccer). It usually doesn't matter, other leagues always seem to shun the msl teams.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

warrior90 wrote:Not sure about Unioto, but I have seen most of the teams play and Marietta and Waverly are strong. Although Waverly beat Marietta earlier this year, I would give the nod to Marietta as 1 and waverly 2. I think Gallia and Warren are a toss up and Athens and Unioto are a toss up.

1. Marietta
2. Waverly
3. Athens
4. Unioto
5. Warren
6. Gallia Academy
7. Vinton County
8. Jackson
9. South Point
You would give the nod to Marietta for 1st seed and Waverly 2nd? I'm going th guess your from Marietta. Waverly has one loss and that was to Eastern Pike. Marietta has not only lost to Waverly they have lost to New Philly and Dove (decent teams) and Vinton County who is playing less than .500 ball. Recently Marietta has pulled out two tough wins going all five sets against Cambridge ( another less than .500 club in div II) and Claymont a less than .500 club in a lower division (Div II). I really find you nod to Marietta coming from the heart not the head. I am a firm believer that the seed you receive should be earned and I know there are a lot of politics that go on but this one is a no brainer, Waverly over Marietta by a land slide.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Like I mentioned, Marietta playing much better. Vinton co. Was first weekend of year. New Philly or Dover would win any league in seo, maybe you should see them play.

Marietta would like nothing better than to draw Waverly in the first round, I doubt Waverly wants anyof that action.
If Marietta plays well they will be a tough out for anyone in seo.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

fighting_falcon wrote:Like I mentioned, Marietta playing much better. Vinton co. Was first weekend of year. New Philly or Dover would win any league in seo, maybe you should see them play.

Marietta would like nothing better than to draw Waverly in the first round, I doubt Waverly wants anyof that action.
If Marietta plays well they will be a tough out for anyone in seo.
Rose colored glasses! It will all be played out soon! Don't worry I'm not expecting an apology!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I was at the scrimmage right before the season where Marietta traveled to Waverly early on a Sat morning and were a little better that day.

Two excellent teams.

warrior90
Varsity

Post by warrior90 »

1. Waverly
2. Marietta
3. Athens
4. Unioto
5. Gallia Academy
6. Warren
7. Vinton County
8. Jackson
9. South Point

This is the draw from what I heard. Close for #1 and 2.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nothing fishy or earth-shattering.

Let's play!

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Any ideas on Div III and IV?

Ironman92