SVC Player of the Year

warningtrackpower
All Conference

SVC Player of the Year

Post by warningtrackpower »

It was asked in the SVCsportszone.com inbox this week: Who is the SVC Player of the Year? The volleyball section is about 13-15 minutes into the show, and then the POY question is in the final 15 minutes of the show. Below is the link - just click, hit play arrow, and listen for free. After hearing our thoughts, let us know your opinion...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk100112

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: SVC Player of the Year

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Cobb
Carl
Kellough

All three are very good and a strong case could be made for any of them to be POY.
I'm gonna leave choosing one to the coaches, SEOP volleyball guru's and SVC Sports Zone Think Tank.

I would however like to point out a few players that probably wont get many POY votes but are worthy in my opinion, for what ever that's worth.

Alayna Lightle- if defense was truly as important as offense as most coaches say then this gal would be at the front of the list. She covers more hardwood then polyurethane. A great server as well.

Alexis Overly- does everything for 3rd place Unioto but sell popcorn at the concession stand. 

Delaney Spetenagle- Traces Senior leader that does so much more then what shows up on the Stat sheet.

Alyssa Kennedy- One of the Strongest attackers you will see. Coming from the strongest program in all of southeastern Ohio.

Aleah Pelphrey- Hits the Ball with evil intentions, too few of wins to gardner much POY talk for her. Another gal who is asked to do about everything on the floor for her team.

Just my 2 cents and sorry for any misspelled names
X

RonVonHagen
Riding the Bench

Post by RonVonHagen »

Nicely done X. All three you mention are worthy candidates. I have to go with the Carle kid....best player on the best team.

basketball1234
Waterboy

Post by basketball1234 »

I would go with Olivia Cobb or Jackie Kellough for POY. I could make a case for Hayley Carle too as she is the best player on the league's SVC Champs. Adena's best player (and most overlooked) is Jenny Grigsby. She is one of the best passers in the league and a very good defensive player. She is also their most efficent hitter, but doesn't post as many kills because Adena has struggled this year getting the ball to the outside.

It has been a fun year to watch!! Good luck to all players and teams in the tourney!!

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Here is a link to the SVC Sports Zone All-SVC Team.

http://www.svcsportszone.com/2012myallsvcvbteam.html

Very nice job, I always like SVC Sports Zone all league teams mainly because I know you are out watching the games and not just selecting a team on stats or  political reasons like we see in some other all league teams.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

X - thanks for helping promote the website. I will say that this year was a little harder than others. I think this is for a few reasons. (1) We had a lot of youth and balance on several teams and it was hard to rank players within their own team. (2) Usually you come to a point of a big drop in talent, and to be honest, I could have named another five or six players and had a very good team in itself. I think this is just another point of how good the volleyball is in the SVC - especially in the top half.

Lastly, as a coach I must defend coaches. The league has several rules and limits that make it tough on coaches. It is different for me to be a fan who makes a team on a website compared to a coach who is voting in the official vote. The biggest change needed in volleyball NOW is the expansion of players. If you read the other article http://www.svcsportszone.com/changingallsvcformat.html leading to the all-league article I explain this.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

New podcast show ready for listen - we talk SVC volleyball for the first 15-20 minutes - here is the link - just click, hit play arrow, and listen for free...

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk101512

Return to “Volleyball”