SOC results

favabeans
Varsity

SOC results

Post by favabeans »

Conference plays starts tomorrow. Post scores as you get them.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Re: SOC results

Post by jumparound »

Eastern beat Webster in 3 tonight. 25-9, 25-15, 25-13?? Not exact but close. Eastern played tough and it didn't look like Webster was gelling. Eastern had a lot of blocks and passed well.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Very impressed with Easterns win. Sounds like another huge season is in store for that team. For Webster, they have some work to do to possibly make Regionals this year. I think Eastern is already at Regional level now, andnthe season just started.

Good luck to both teams this season!

bluedude62
Varsity

Post by bluedude62 »

Eastern split with Waverly at the previews but didn't serve well and played below what Ive seen in the past. Webster played Notre Dame and dominated them. Didn't get to see this one as my granddaughter had a soccer game but thought it might be a 5 game match. Sounds like Eastern brought their A game tonight. Agree that Eastern will go far again and Webster will rebound and possibly win the SOC2. Both are great teams to watch.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Eastern defeated Notre Dame tonight in 3 sets. All were easily won and lots of bench play for the Eagles. This is probably one of the deepest teams the school has ever seen, and possibly the tallest. Not too familiar with the school and what they've had recently.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

South Webster over Northwest in 3.

Northwest is not very big but they are so scrappy. Judy's girls always work their butts off for her.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Waverly over Wheelersburg in 3.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

run-n-gun wrote:Eastern defeated Notre Dame tonight in 3 sets. All were easily won and lots of bench play for the Eagles. This is probably one of the deepest teams the school has ever seen, and possibly the tallest. Not too familiar with the school and what they've had recently.
Thats Funny!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Esully63 wrote:
run-n-gun wrote:Eastern defeated Notre Dame tonight in 3 sets. All were easily won and lots of bench play for the Eagles. This is probably one of the deepest teams the school has ever seen, and possibly the tallest. Not too familiar with the school and what they've had recently.
Thats Funny!
What's funny?

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

My guess is he meant he thought it was funny you said you weren't familiar with Eastern's recent teams. I thought it was funny too:) you've posted in here for a while and follow them closely, not to mention you know quite a bit about volleyball.
I have been around for longer than I would like to admit but I have to say it is the tallest line up I've ever seen. They are very talented and great girls.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Maybe recently wasn't the best word of choice there. The past 2 years or so I've seen them quite a bit. Other than that, Not sure of some of the teams that the school has had going 5 years or so back. But yes, that is one really tall team.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

South Webster JV and Varsity over Oak Hill.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

South Webster jv and varsity over Minford.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

Eastern beath Clay in three. Clay came out fired up the first game and Eastern was off their game. Clay has improved alot. Eastern's hitting is just too powerful and their passing is great!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Northwest defeats Minford 3-1 varsity and 2-0 JV

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

South Webster over Burg in three. The Jeeps are finally coming together.

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Thanks for the updates Digger!

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

jeep80 wrote:Thanks for the updates Digger!
You would have been proud of them. They had a bad case of "Where am I?" in the second set and ended up being down 24-19. They ended the set with an 8-1 run to finish, up by 2 at 27-25. Very exciting!

cave canem
Freshman Team

Post by cave canem »

The Lady Jeeps dug deep and had a tremendous rally to win the second set. It was a very impressive comeback. That rally knocked all wind out of the Pirates' sails.
Congratulations to the Jeeps!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Thursday 9-13
Minford defeated Portsmouth West 13-25, 25-7, 25-12, 25-23 to pick up their 3rd win of the season
Next Tuesday at home vs. Oak Hill

Return to “Volleyball”