Alexander vs. Adena

BH1
Waterboy

Alexander vs. Adena

Post by BH1 »

Great coverage in the Athens Messenger newspaper of last night's Alexander game. The sports writer of this has done a very good job of covering the Spartans this year and I'm sure the team has appreciated it. To any contemplating attending Saturday's game, the support of crowds is always a welcome contribution to the continuing success of the defending Division 3 State Champions. Let's pack it to see some stomping and return the girls to Dayton for a 4th year in a row!!

spartacat
Freshman Team

Re: Alexander vs. Adena

Post by spartacat »

Good luck lady Spartans!

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

Updates?

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

From the jjhuddle website, Adena won in 3:
32-30
25-18
25-18

Great season Lady Spartans - you should be proud of yourselves. Good luck to all the seniors!!

Competitor
Waterboy

Post by Competitor »

What a TREMENDOUS season for the Lady Spartan volleyball team. Yes, they were beaten by the better team today but they have NOTHING to hang their heads about. If there was anyone outside those "white lines" who BELIEVED they would have been playing today for a chance to get to State, please come forward. I will admit, I didn't. From the summer and through the "other" stuff, these fine young women got their heart and mind's right and here we were today. Thank you seniors Haley Born, Paige Hayes and Nicole Ogg for becoming/being leaders. A HUGE thank you to Coach Jamie Welsh for making a major sacrifice to take the team over, and Joe Super and Nick Wendt for staying aboard the ship and help lead us to the Regional Final. I do have have one prediction, LOOK OUT NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I know it was the summer and Alex was undefeated in the Jackson league I believe.....but they didn't really look like an elite 8 team IMO....congrats on the great season.

vballguy09
Waterboy

Post by vballguy09 »

Ironman. After all they've been through you are only gonna say POSSITIVE THINGS! Did you not see the heart broken look on their faces? THEY DESERVED TO BE THERE! SO IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO SAY KEEP YOUR INVALID OPINIONS TO YOURSELF! ALEXANDER VOLLEYBALL IS AWESOME AND THEY WORK HARDER THEN ALOT OF SCHOOLS IVE SEEN! NOT ONE NEGIATIVE WORD WILL BE SAID ABOUT ALEXANDER! THESE ARE YOUNG GIRLS! I PLAY VOLLEYBALL I KNOW HOW HARD AND EMOTIONAL IT IS! LETS SEE YOU TRY TO HIT OR DIG A BALL! EXACTLY! GOODBYE!

roundhouse
Waterboy

Post by roundhouse »

I could be wrong but I think he meant in the summer league.

mongo
Waterboy

Post by mongo »

GREAT JOB LADY SPARTANS!!!!! You young ladies are amazing and you need to walk around with your heads held high. With everything you girls have been through it would have been easy to sit around and make excuses but you didn't you worked hard and gave 100% in games and practices and it shows. You make your fans proud, your school proud and your community proud!

Tothe seniors Haley, Nicole, Paige we're going to miss you and best of luck in your future, never forget you will always be Lady Spartans. Thank You for everything!

To the underclassmen Els, Bartlett, Radekin, Thomas, Sams and the entire team you girls have been blessed with the ladies you have been around by the past few years, not only in talent but work ethic. Continue the hard work and great things will happen.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

Hats off to an outstanding organization! Not only to the team but to their fans who are backing that program with their all. This team gives 100% every time the ref blows the whistle. Your program is a class act to follow for SE Ohio.

Return to “Volleyball”