Warren over Gallia

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Warren over Gallia

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren Local defeated Gallia Academy in four games last night in their first sectional game. Everyone from Gallia had on their league champs shirts which inspired the Lady Warriors. Also, the Gallia student section sitting behind Warren's bench provided more motivation. Goodluck at Marietta Ladies!

lefty
Freshman Team

Re: Warren over Gallia

Post by lefty »

Should be a good one in Marietta Saturday.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Gallia's student section last night was awesome. Thanks for all the support.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

bettis wrote:Gallia's student section last night was awesome. Thanks for all the support.

They were very loud, not very classy but loud. Thanks for the motivation.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

How classy is the home team student section suppose to be? Were they just loud or what?

mangywulf
Waterboy

Post by mangywulf »

I would like to hear one example of those students being "not very classy", unless you consider chanting "you cant do that ". I guess they did chant "terrible" at some ref calls, but he grinned about it. Maybe you need a student section

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

mangywulf wrote:I would like to hear one example of those students being "not very classy", unless you consider chanting "you cant do that ". I guess they did chant "terrible" at some ref calls, but he grinned about it. Maybe you need a student section

1) Following the visitors when teams rotate benches....not classy
2) I believe in volleyball no one is allowed to sit at floor level, Gallia's Students did....not classy
3) Messing with players chairs when they stand to cheer their teammates...not classy
4) Standing in front of the visiting fans so they can not see....not classy

Yes we do have a student section that stays in their proper section.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

Must say - never saw a cheering section follow the visitors... cheering section typically means cheering on your team instead of jeering the opponents... yea this happens but should not be the main focus..

but a breath of fresh air in our league... an administrator noticed this and actually stepped up and suggested them to cheer for their Team!

DASANI
Riding the Bench

Post by DASANI »

warriiorfan wrote:Must say - never saw a cheering section follow the visitors... cheering section typically means cheering on your team instead of jeering the opponents... yea this happens but should not be the main focus..

but a breath of fresh air in our league... an administrator noticed this and actually stepped up and suggested them to cheer for their Team!

You should be able to cheer against the other team. But not follow them. A cheer section is a cheer SECTION not a cheer MOBILE section

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

It happened when we played them also.

winsandlosses
Riding the Bench

Post by winsandlosses »

DASANI wrote:
warriiorfan wrote:Must say - never saw a cheering section follow the visitors... cheering section typically means cheering on your team instead of jeering the opponents... yea this happens but should not be the main focus..

You should be able to cheer against the other team. But not follow them. A cheer section is a cheer SECTION not a cheer MOBILE section

I'm not really sure I agree you should be able to cheer against the other team. What is cheering against the other team? Is it saying derogatory things about a missed hit into the net? If it is that and chanting cheers that reflect the fact that a particular player made a bad play, I would say that is wrong. However if they simply cheer when a point is scored for their team..nothing wrong there. Definitely agree they should not be able to follow the opposing team and set behind their bench.

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

main point of my previous post...

Gallia Admin actually took care of the problem! Maybe it took some Warren folks saying something, but atleast they did step up!

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

Anyways... Game time for Saturday? So OUR student section can make it to Marietta on time.?.

GAalumni
Waterboy

Post by GAalumni »

The Blue Angels did good.Was the players mad at the coach or something I heard some girls say?

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

GAHS4ever,

This past school year I was the president of Pep Club at WHS and the leader of our student section. I also serve as the volleyball team's cameraman, and was filming during that game at Gallia. I can't attest for past Warren student sections, but all four years I have been involved, and especially this year, we have focused on being positive and rooting for our team, not against the opponent. We feel like this is the best way to earn respect. So don't expect to see Warren students chanting racial slurs, pulling out athlete's chair, and taunting officials en masse.

I do agree with you, however, that adults can be so much worse.

...Nick White

Return to “Volleyball”