Southeast Sectional DIV

allaces1
Freshman Team

Southeast Sectional DIV

Post by allaces1 »

Tourney draw next week. Eastern Beaver without a doubt is the best team and should breeze through to regionals. The Rowe girl is an excellent player. Is she just a junior this year? Also the Staker girl is pretty tough. Coach Day has an exc excellent program. Is her daughter getting a lot of playing time on varsity?

Waterford and Eastern Reedsville...Waterford beat Reedsville last week. Eastern Reedsville has better record with wins over Gallia Academy and I believe Athens, so who is number 2? Belpre and Fed Hock in the sectional this year.

Predictions for both east and west?

lefty
Freshman Team

Re: Southeast Sectional DIV

Post by lefty »

Eastern Meigs will be the #2 seed followed by Waterford. After seeing both teams, Eastern Meigs has the upper hand. Waterford has a good team but not the #2 seed.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

Eastern might have the upper hand on Waterford but it will go by records when they draw for tournament.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

Best record is not the top seed. Vote for the best team!!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

I agree lefty. Sometimes the best team's record is not quite as good as a team that doesn't have much competition. The best teams will always strive to play teams that are better than them and it may hurt their overall record. The coaches know who the best teams are and should vote that way.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

That also goes for voting for all district and so forth for the girls. Goodluck to all teams in the tournament draw.

lefty
Freshman Team

Post by lefty »

Good point Bettis.

twenty-two
Waterboy

Post by twenty-two »

allaces1 wrote:Tourney draw next week. Eastern Beaver without a doubt is the best team and should breeze through to regionals. The Rowe girl is an excellent player. Is she just a junior this year? Also the Staker girl is pretty tough. Coach Day has an exc excellent program. Is her daughter getting a lot of playing time on varsity?

Waterford and Eastern Reedsville...Waterford beat Reedsville last week. Eastern Reedsville has better record with wins over Gallia Academy and I believe Athens, so who is number 2? Belpre and Fed Hock in the sectional this year.

Predictions for both east and west?

Yes Courtney Rowe is only a junior this year and so is Rachel Staker. I've not been to a whole lot of games this year, but what I've heard Coach Day's daughter is sitting varsity.
The JV team is very good as well. Most of the girls work very hard in the off season.
BTW, if you haven't heard Eastern Beaver moved up to #3 in the coaches poll in state rankings! GO EAGLES :mrgreen:

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

Have seen most teams , I will take a guess

1. Eastern Beaver
2. Eastern Reedsville
3. Waterford
4. South Gallia
5. South Webster
6. Federal Hocking
7. Southern
8. Symmes Valley
9. Ironton St. Joe
10. Miller
11. Belpre

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Many might disagree with your 4 and 5 selection. 1-3 probably right on target. Of course 6-11 pretty easy to see.

Waterford lost to Trimble this week. Also South Webster loses three games on Saturday, of course they played Alexander, Huntington, and Eastern Brown I believe.

OUBobcat
Riding the Bench

Post by OUBobcat »

it was western brown (div 1)

i would actually go eastern pike, eastern meigs, south webster (even with a losing record), then waterford, then south gallia

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

How many loses to tougher teams does a team need to have in order to be considered a stronger team? South Webster put together tsix wins: 2 against OH, 2 against ports west, 2 against minford. They lost to Clay.

South Webster was strong with Sherman last year, but struggling without her this year. Serving was weak today. Despite their attempts to jump serve... not really effective.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

allaces, thanks for your thoughts on SW. Maybe you should also mention they played with 5 freshman, 2 sophomores and 1 senior yesterday. There's no question that they struggled from the serve line yesterday, but is not typical for them. Part of that came because they played a few girls that don't normally play on varsity. SW has a ton of potential in the next few years. Maybe they'll be good enough for you then aces....

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Best of luck to the Lady Jeeps!
Play your hearts out and go get a few more trophies!!

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

If I knew they payed that many freshmen yesterday, I would have mentioned it. Since it has been mentioned, it is good that the coach is getting the younger kids some valuable experience. By the way, the Scott girl is a good player. What grade is she in?

Does anyone know the outcome of the draw?

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Seeds 1-7:

1. Eastern Beaver
2. Eastern Reedsville
3. Waterford
4. South Gallia
5. South Webster
6. Federal Hocking
7. Southern

SW @ SG on October 22.

Good luck to all teams.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

Brooke Scott is a sophomore.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

What senior was Webster missing yesterday?

They are very young this year. But I look for them to be really good in the next year or two. They have the potential to be better than the team that made it to regional finals last year. They have several girls that are true volleyball players, girls that love the sport. I for one am hoping for big things from them.

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

allaces1 wrote:Seeds 1-7:

1. Eastern Beaver
2. Eastern Reedsville
3. Waterford
4. South Gallia
5. South Webster
6. Federal Hocking
7. Southern

SW @ SG on October 22.

Good luck to all teams.

AllAces - Does your post represent the results? If yes, are the brackets available for all divisions?

OUBobcat
Riding the Bench

Post by OUBobcat »

Return to “Volleyball”